Thread: When answering a Court Attendance Notice....

Default When answering a Court Attendance Notice....

Remember to adjust your Attitude..I did not.

I answered the C.A.N. arising from my interaction with the mirror sunglasses wearing policeman from last month.

After hearing what had happened and the charges arising, the magistrate dismissed all charges. He, then took me to task for my "Unco-operative ways", "Why couldn't I have just co-operated with the policeman and none of this would have been nessesary (SP)".

I lost it!!!

"Where in law does it say I must co-operate"

"The criminal law in NSW is totally adversarial"

The cost and time used by my case is a "Matter of complete indifference" to me. The state bought the action, not me.

On and on I went, crankier and crankier the beak got. I was speaking from a position of knowledge, he could not say anything, for everything I said was the truth and law.

I walked, as I knew I would.

No longer the terrified, trembling boy.

I am the man, armed with knowledge, girded by experience.

Be careful, I am not a submissive and I have control.

If it is not enshrined in law, I will not allow you to behave like that to me

Strictly according to law, if not, I will fight back.

Default Re: When answering a Court Attendance Notice....

Good result.
    But sometimes it is better to hold on to your knowledge and say nowt.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

AussieBarney, I've no doubt that after you've shaken this mortal coil, the dust and ash of your body will find ways to blow about and irritate the eyes of plutocrats and petty tyrants up and down the street.

Amen.
    Steve Martinsen

It's the taking of the right to do something, even if it is not allowed by law. As in , the beak having a shot at my behaviour. He does not have the right. That was his personal opinion and as I said to him, "I don't want to hear it, there is nothing in law that says I must"

All my life, other people have interpreted the law to suit themselves. An example;

The law outlawed the use of corporal punishment in 1934, in 1971, I was still subject to a physical flogging on a regular basis, why? because they were mongrel sadists and there was no oversight.

In 1976 I was still subject to beatings in prison. why, same answer.

If I think you have overstepped the mark, I will research the law and I will act. I will bitch and complain, I will take action in the tribunal that oversees their behaviour.

He is a magistrate, no more, no less. There is a whole set of law that governs his behaviour.

All my life the law has been applied at it's most rigid when it came to me, so.

Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.

I am a free and enfranchised citizen of Australia and you will not try to take away my legal rights, if you do I will try to fight back.

Just think what you might accomplish if you took all of that anger and gumption and applied it to something other than yourself.
    I rather be an American than a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianY View Post
    Just think what you might accomplish if you took all of that anger and gumption and applied it to something other than yourself.
    Whooooosh! Jesus!

Glad you got the right result Barney. I'm just a little pissed off with the law at the moment. My son was entering a pub the other day around 10.00 pm and got pounced from behind by 5 cops as he entered. Taken down and pinned to the ground, bit if gravel rash and some sore joints from their actions. He's a school teacher. Mid 20s middle class white guy. He was there with his girlfriend. Although he does have a stupid haircut which is cool with his students at school, but not a conservative look. I think there had been some trouble at the pub earlier and he was mistaken for one of the troublemakers. Anyway, he's charged with entering licenced premises, which is not an offence unless you've been banned, which he has not, and resisting arrest, which he didn't. While the police had him cuffed and sitting on the pavement, another cop walked by and just casually stepped on his leg. They took him off to the police station and held him in a cell until about 1.30 in the morning. It's absolute bull****, but already for his first appointment with a lawyer he's been told to bring along $1300.00 I spoke with a friend who is a magistrate and he says he'll probably get no conviction and a 6 month good behaviour bond. My opinion the charges should be withdrawn and the cops should be disciplined. It's disgusting. I'm pretty upset.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Glad you got the right result Barney. I'm just a little pissed off with the law at the moment. My son was entering a pub the other day around 10.00 pm and got pounced from behind by 5 cops as he entered. Taken down and pinned to the ground, bit if gravel rash and some sore joints from their actions. He's a school teacher. Mid 20s middle class white guy. He was there with his girlfriend. Although he does have a stupid haircut which is cool with his students at school, but not a conservative look. I think there had been some trouble at the pub earlier and he was mistaken for one of the troublemakers. Anyway, he's charged with entering licenced premises, which is not an offence unless you've been banned, which he has not, and resisting arrest, which he didn't. While the police had him cuffed and sitting on the pavement, another cop walked by and just casually stepped on his leg. They took him off to the police station and held him in a cell until about 1.30 in the morning. It's absolute bull****, but already for his first appointment with a lawyer he's been told to bring along $1300.00 I spoke with a friend who is a magistrate and he says he'll probably get no conviction and a 6 month good behaviour bond. My opinion the charges should be withdrawn and the cops should be disciplined. It's disgusting. I'm pretty upset.

Dammit!

It's all good Barney. I get it. Fight oppression.

I just think, acting cooly, with absolute knowledge of the law to convince your enemy he / she is wrong, is a long way from seeking vengeance for past wrongs done to you, which will be hot headed and emotional. No one here wants to lose you to another spell in the can.

Proceed with caution, wisdom and peace.

Barney, you know that is a lesser District Court with a larger than usual attendances of mob on minor perceived "offences". I perceive that the beak is resentful on/of various issues and his colonial mentality is showing. Bin there, seen that.
    Xanthorrea

Our son has a "boy racer" 1990's Toyota Supra, aka cop magnet. Long story short, his mirror sunglassed PC Plod ordered it off the road for being a defective vehicle, after (legitimately) pulling him over for a minor speeding incident. Allegedly the tyres protrude past the wheel arches (they don't), and plod "thought" it was too loud (It isn't, the boy has had a sound level meter on it).
    To get the "green sticker" removed is about a $500 exercise, you have to provide engineer certified proof it complies, plod just needs his ill informed opinion that it doesn't.
    It got to this state of affairs after the boy disagreed with plod about the two alledged issues.
    The boy's response has been to drop in a bigger motor, a scary large turbo, get it certified, and is close to hittting the road with about 450 dyno'd hp on tap. Sigh, not a win for anyone's safety.
    Yes plod was wrong, and yes if the boy had just STFU, he'd still be driving. And yes, it really grind my gears when I see middle age dudes in their shinny new ute of choice, with nuggety big off road tyres sticking inches out past the wheel arches.
    I don't know what the answer is Barney, or where the line between "pick your battles" and "being right" should be drawn. I've only had a very few speed related brushes with the law, but it would be fair to say that the boy's "interactions" with the law have somewhat eroded my confidence. The trouble is, being right is expensive and f***ing inconvenient, and usually impacts the people who can least afford it. Anyway, I'm glad it turned out ok for you.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Good for you, that it has worked out.

Not ideal, that you vented your frustration on a human being who is not the root cause of your frustration. Apart from making his day more miserable, it didn't really acchieve anything.
    Last edited by Henning 4148; 04-14-2019 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henning 4148 View Post
    Good for you, that it has worked out.

Not ideal, that you vented your frustration on a human being who is not the root cause of your frustration. Apart from making his day more miserable, it didn't really acchieve anything.
    Yeah except that the magistrates are part of the problem. They should be chucking these things out and reprimanding the cops. Not giving innocent people a whole lot of grief and a good behaviour bond.

This is not something I have any real control over.

After forty years I only have minor control over my PTSD. 99% of the time I have enough control that I can function at a high level, I can do anything, be subjected to the worst stimuli, have someone spit in my face, I smile, thank them for their efforts and walk
    away.... The urbane, social, educated gentleman,

Then... comes the perfect storm....

I have something trigger me, a sound, a smell, a noise. It starts with me having nightmares, a couple of nights in a row and down the sewer I go.

Depression, anxiety, aggression. I know what's happening, I know the dance, all the steps, I can't control it. I'm all right if I can ride it out. I tend to stay away from society and all is good.

But...

If I run into some idiot who can't see the obvious....Well,

if you want to push the boundaries of your statutory powers and be a bully.. whacko!, I'll oblige you.

My defence against these people is I start to push back, as in find your buttons and start pushing. O.K. lets see if you have the self control you expect from me. Very rarely do they have it.

they use the law, eh! No wuckers, the law is two sided.

Remember this, it was men wearing that uniform who tortured me as a child. they joined the outfit, they wear the uniform, they took the oath. They wear the crap.

Who gave them the right to intimidate me?

Who gave them the right to lecture me?

I expect them to leave me alone or they answer at their peril.

Most of my dysfunctional behaviour was and is a direct result of the savage brutality I suffered whist in the custody of the state.

No, I don't like behaving like this. It is dangerous and counter-productive.

When I come too after one of these episodes I feel like a complete fool and a loser. I wonder why I can't exercise any control, normally I just smile and co-operate.

I have spent 40years learning the options, the tools needed and how to defuse the situation and I do this without thinking...But...

Sometimes, someone leaves the cell door open and "The Toof" is left drifting around unsupervised.. then, all unholy hell breaks loose.

They made me, they're going have to tolerate me.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBarney View Post
    There is the problem right there.
    That magistrate has no idea of your history and the baggage that you live with, so you cannot expect him to behave towards you any different from any other member of your society. He has no idea why you require any different a level of toleration than any other grey bearded bloke appearing in front of his bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    There is the problem right there.
    That magistrate has no idea of your history and the baggage that you live with, so you cannot expect him to behave towards you any different from any other member of your society. He has no idea why you require any different a level of toleration than any other grey bearded bloke appearing in front of his bench.
    Ignorance is no excuse.
    Rattling the teacups.

Use the Press, Barnie. They are always looking for stories.

Official jerks (beaks???) don't care what you say. Not at all. But they care what is printed about them.

Generally though, I have always found that being obstreperous to a cop is like cooking bacon in front of a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Ignorance is no excuse.
    So, you are condemning the beak for asking a sensible question?
    "Why couldn't I have just co-operated with the policeman and none of this would have been nessesary (SP)".
    Really?
    Remarkable!

Yes, you understand the mechanics behind your aggression. The thing is, that when you get carried away, you become an aggressor yourself. And that is unfair to the person you are dealing with. Role and person are not the same. It does not make the world a better place, if you upset the person behind the role.

It ain't easy.
    Last edited by Henning 4148; 04-14-2019 at 02:16 PM.

There is no compulsion to co-operate under NSW law.

They used the law to brutalise me for years. they twisted it, they mongrelised it. they ignored it.

So. Now I can call them out, I say "hang on, that is not the law" I would like someone to read it out. They don't like that.

I am asking for the law, as it is written. Not a magistrate's interpretation, not a prosecutors understanding. Black and white.

Not the way they applied it to an unprotected, unrepresented child all those years ago.

Why is it that when I become educated enough to fight my legal battles I'm told I should actually take the other sides feelings in to account. Do they extend the same actions to me?

Have you ever heard the way they speak to people. If I was to speak to them in those terms I would be arrested.

What am I supposed to do? tell me,

If I flower out and do nothing, I would commit suicide within the year, I would not be able to face myself in a shaving mirror.

I spent the first twenty two years being battered from pillar to post. I carry nine broken bones from my drunken father, all delivered before I was twelve.

Nights spent in Casualty Wards, never a question asked to me, my father would assure them that I was a "Clumsy" child. Protecting the perpertrator.

I am not allowed to call them on their actions, and yes, I ascribe actions and thoughts to an agency.

The law is there to provide protection for the weak and vulnerable in our society

Unless I stand and demand that protection, I have never see it offered.

Hats off to this man!

I have also grown up being bullied in a way that they say should lead a man down a crooked path into either criminality or drug abuse or a mental ward.

Though we are all humans born with a free spirit and a right to choose. I too chose to walk straight ahead and live a honest life obeying laws whenever they are fair and doing my best to contribute to society..... but when I encounter a petty tyrant or an unfair law I do all that I can to break them down.
    It is a matter of mental survival. If you start bending your back you can just as well take those drugs and steal that copper and sit there in a mental ward feeling sorry for yourself.

"With law is land to be built and not with oppression" says the old Uppland lawbook as it was first written down at the unification of the ancient oral laws.

Keep going!
    Amateur living on the western coast of Finland

I'm standing with you Barney.

This is not something I have any real control over.

After forty years I only have minor control over my PTSD. 99% of the time I have enough control that I can function at a high level, I can do anything, be subjected to the worst stimuli, have someone spit in my face, I smile, thank them for their efforts and walk
    away.... The urbane, social, educated gentleman,

Then... comes the perfect storm....

I have something trigger me, a sound, a smell, a noise. It starts with me having nightmares, a couple of nights in a row and down the sewer I go.

Depression, anxiety, aggression. I know what's happening, I know the dance, all the steps, I can't control it. I'm all right if I can ride it out. I tend to stay away from society and all is good.

But...

If I run into some idiot who can't see the obvious....Well,

if you want to push the boundaries of your statutory powers and be a bully.. whacko!, I'll oblige you.

My defence against these people is I start to push back, as in find your buttons and start pushing. O.K. lets see if you have the self control you expect from me. Very rarely do they have it.

they use the law, eh! No wuckers, the law is two sided.

Remember this, it was men wearing that uniform who tortured me as a child. they joined the outfit, they wear the uniform, they took the oath. They wear the crap.

Who gave them the right to intimidate me?

Who gave them the right to lecture me?

I expect them to leave me alone or they answer at their peril.

Most of my dysfunctional behaviour was and is a direct result of the savage brutality I suffered whist in the custody of the state.

No, I don't like behaving like this. It is dangerous and counter-productive.

When I come too after one of these episodes I feel like a complete fool and a loser. I wonder why I can't exercise any control, normally I just smile and co-operate.

I have spent 40years learning the options, the tools needed and how to defuse the situation and I do this without thinking...But...

Sometimes, someone leaves the cell door open and "The Toof" is left drifting around unsupervised.. then, all unholy hell breaks loose.

They is we, we is they. The way I see it is that we have to control the interactions we have with "them".

If we encounter an idiot cop, is the best way to deal with it to take them on head-on? It's a recipe that isn't going to work.

The last few idiot cops I encountered with, I dealt with later, via their superiors. One - in Oz - I wrote to the police Commissioner. He was clearly corrupt, but I didn't need to say it that way... I just laid out what happened and it was pretty obvious. He was then subjected to an investigation.... and I was contacted and informed that nothing had been found. No problem... it's now on his record. I could have told them how to find the corruption... but just having the investigation on his record was good enough for me.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    They is we, we is they. The way I see it is that we have to control the interactions we have with "them".

If we encounter an idiot cop, is the best way to deal with it to take them on head-on? It's a recipe that isn't going to work.

The last few idiot cops I encountered with, I dealt with later, via their superiors. One - in Oz - I wrote to the police Commissioner. He was clearly corrupt, but I didn't need to say it that way... I just laid out what happened and it was pretty obvious. He was then subjected to an investigation.... and I was contacted and informed that nothing had been found. No problem... it's now on his record. I could have told them how to find the corruption... but just having the investigation on his record was good enough for me.
    I've never had a problem with police but in many years of business I've been sued once and had a few bozos the deal with.

If the bozo needed it, like you I just took my time to go above and the bozo was dealt with by someone above him.

For the lawsuit I just went to court and let bozo be a bozo.

After his bozoness put on his high power interrogation of me complete with "JUST ANSWER YES OR NO!!!!" the judge looked at me with a tired smile and asked for my side.

It took about 2 minutes to present my side.

Case thrown out.

I found out later he had been in front of this judge before a few times and always lost.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    Last edited by C.Collins; 04-15-2019 at 11:13 AM.

The cost and time used by my case is a "Matter of complete indifference" to me. The state bought the action, not me.
    They should pay you for your contribution toward continuing the cop's inadequate training.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association