Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Why the whining outcry about them now?

Default Re: Why the whining outcry about them now?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    You might get less abrasive responses when you stop presenting false characterizations of people you supposedly wish to have a discussion with.
    One more time. You said there were numerous posts saying illegal immigration is always good. You were called on this, you were told it was false. That is not an insult. Your two attempts to support that statement was a link to the WBF index and Normans thread talking about legal immigration. Everytime this was pointed out you respond with “LOL” then whine about being insulted.

Try arguing respectfully then you will get respectful consideration. When you start out insulting people with false characterizations of their statements you don’t get a free pass like a child unclear on basic concepts. It’s obvious you want to needle, “LOL”, which can be your schtick like it is for Alvin or Graham, but to pretend you aren’t coming out the gate with an insulting premise is simply stupid and childish. You probably aren’t childish and stupid but your manner of trolling dressed up as “discussion” tends to be.
    Thats nice.

PS may I send you a PM with a link?
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

Situation is that when one asks a question on this forum that some don't like, some on here decline to answer and appear to join a bandwagon posting personal derogatory insults against that individual to deflect, detract and try and sweep the question and issue at hand under the proverbial rug.
    This is contrary to the Forum rules clearly stated under 'FAQ', namely "...Don't be rude.".

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    Situation is that when one asks a question on this forum that some don't like, some on here decline to answer and appear to join a bandwagon posting personal derogatory insults against that individual to deflect, detract and try and sweep the question and issue at hand under the proverbial rug.
    This is contrary to the Forum rules clearly stated under 'FAQ', namely "...Don't be rude.".
    You got a mirror, RP?

Thats nice.

PS may I send you a PM with a link?
    No it isn’t nice. You know I’m not tryng to be nice. I’m trying to have a simple conversation with you about the premise of your post and you haven’t touched it. Sure, send me something you don’t want to discuss here. If it’s applicable to the discussion here do you mind if I bring it forward here?

It would appear to me that many have never read the rules, and if you are not "one of the tribe", then you are fair game. Just an observation......

When you post a false representation of others positions you will be called on it. Maybe this is a cultural issue where one can say anything without immediate challenge in your world and in this format a false characterization is like being handed a fresh turd with a smile, LOL, and you are shocked by folks negative reactions.

When you post a false representation of others positions you will be called on it. Maybe this is a cultural issue where one can say anything without immediate challenge in your world and in this format a false characterization is like being handed a fresh turd with a smile, LOL, and you are shocked by folks negative reactions.
    Perhaps you gloss over quite a bit. Is this what you condone as been 'called on something'
    Rum_Pirate: The male version of a feckless c***. It helps keeps his BS in perspective.
    , is it polite? Is it rude? Is it in keeping with forum rules?

Still whining snowflake? "So why do you?"

LMAO
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

There is no mention of 'sanctuary city' in the OP.

Please take Norman Bernstein's advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'
    Correct, if there was the conversation should be poetic justice.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Still whining snowflake? "So why do you?"

LMAO
    Thats nice.

Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Given the (distraction) admonishment against asking a pertinent question on a thread namely :

I have decided to give the question below onthis "Washington Post reporting about WH plans to bus immigrants" it's own thread.

Please take Normans advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'

Apparently (from another thread)
    But everything Trump believes is surely wrong.

There have been numerous post on this forum that illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country.

Plus the sanctuary cities appear to welcome them with open arms.

So why the whining outcry about them now?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
    Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate
    There is no mention of 'sanctuary city' in the OP.

Please take Norman Bernstein's advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'
    Correct, if there was the conversation should be poetic justice.

Not correct.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Not correct.
    Thats nice.

Seems like I am off somebody's 'ignore list'.

Perhaps you gloss over quite a bit. Is this what you condone as been 'called on something' , is it polite? Is it rude? Is it in keeping with forum rules?
    That is not my post. You still can’t do it. You want to make a general false statement about others, can’t support it and can’t acknowledge you are doing it yet you complain about the negative responses. RP, you can’t misrepresent what people have said then expect a friction free discussion with them. It would be like walking into a bar and dropping a turd on the counter then wondering why everyone doesn’t want to talk sports with you but what you actually brought to the table.

“Why are you all mean to me, I just want to talk about the game?”

Never said it was your post, not implied.

If one does not want to take part in a discussion the why not do that and comply with the forum rules, rather than derogatory and personally insulting the poster?

Ayup; this question worked out as well here as it did in the previous thread, didn't it, Rum...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Never said it was your post, not implied.

If one does not want to take part in a discussion the why not do that and comply with the forum rules, rather than derogatory and personally insulting the poster?
    You still won’t own up to what you brought to the table. Please do understand I am characterizing what you brought, not you. If you cannot tell the difference that explains why you take criticism personally. When you repeatedly mischaracterize people, Norman in your example, you insult them. When you repeatedly ignore mine and others observation that you brought an inaccurate characterization then whine about people objecting you really sound like a whining child. I am not saying you are a whining child, you simply aren’t acting like an intellectually mature person, someone over the age of 14 or so.

RP, you do not argue honorably starting off with a mischaracterization of people positions you are arguing with. How about you take this kind of argument up with the folks who send you “news”.
    Now that did make me spill my morning coffee!

I have not read 3 pages of this thread BTW, but…...

None the less, if only because of climate change mass movements of populations will likely increase. They are the second biggest threat to the established world order, and climate change should be the biggest threat on the agenda of anyone's intelligence agencies. The world order as it is not immune to failure, States are not immune to failure, putting one's head in the sand is not a viable position to take, and neither is isolation.
    China is ascendent, and by virtue of its population, bulk, and population can afford far more attrition than smaller countries, or even the US. It would be far more useful if we learned to be more cooperative. The US and China do I think find it far easier to have an 'enemy' (shades of Orwell) as a distraction from their own major internal problems. Aus has been a follower of the US but the world has changed, that position is becoming less and less viable.

thank you skuthorp! Right now US military and other federal agencies are developing policies to deal with climate change as a national security issue and the White House is AWOL. Aside from our destabilizing Iraq and putting millions of people into flight it was an uncommon drought in Syria that burdened Assads gov’t with economic and civil strife opening up another war for jihadists to capitalize on. Now these Central American countries have drought putting a burden on their gov’ts unable to manage crime and distressed peoples but we have a potus who mischaracterizes this humanitarian crisis as an existential threat full of rapists and bad people. Migod stupid is ascendant here.