Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the whining outcry about them now?

Question Why the whining outcry about them now?

Given the (distraction) admonishment against asking a pertinent question on a thread namely :
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    This is a thread about Trump trying to use immigration as a weapon against his political enemies.

It is NOT a thread about illegal immigration, in general.

I'm disappointed that once again, you are trying to distract the thread away from the topic at hand.
    I have decided to give the question below onthis "Washington Post reporting about WH plans to bus immigrants" it's own thread.

Please take Normans advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'

Apparently (from another thread)
    Washington Post reporting about WH plans to bus immigrants..From the border to districts held by political opponents of the President, to "release" them where they could "cause havoc". Intending to use migrants in a,way to "cause chaos" in Sanctuary cities.

But everything Trump believes is surely wrong.

There have been numerous post on this forum that illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country.

Plus the sanctuary cities appear to welcome them with open arms.

So why the whining outcry about them now?
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

Default Re: Why the whining outcry about them now?

I guess that you didn't like the response that you got to your question on the other thread, eh? Do you think that it will be any better if you stand on a different soap box on the same corner and shout the same things to the same crowd?

What was that definition of insanity again?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    Given the (distraction) admonishment against asking a pertinent question on a thread namely :

I have decided to give the question below onthis "Washington Post reporting about WH plans to bus immigrants" it's own thread.

Please take Normans advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'

There have been numerous post on this forum that illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country.

This statement is completely devoid of factual basis, and is an egregious insult to your fellow forumites.

If you can not back that up with numerous citations, then I will have to assume that you are knowingly spreading falsehoods and denigrating the integrity of your fellow forumites ON PURPOSE.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    I guess that you didn't like the response that you got to your question on the other thread, eh? Do you think that it will be any better if you stand on a different soap box on the same corner and shout the same things to the same crowd?

What was that definition of insanity again?
    This question was raised because I was apparently admonished and disparaged by a certain forumite along the grounds that it detracted from the OP thread in which raised the question.

So as I stated in #1, I gave it it's own thread so as not to interfere or detract with anyone else post. See the OP.

So why are you in Norman's words "trying to distract the thread away from the topic at hand." ?

Seems like the OP had a legitimate and honorable reason for starting the thread.

Now - can he answer #3... or are we instantly back to 'void by virtue of being disingenuous, unsupportable, claptrap'??

My own experience, and the reason the OP is on my ignore list, is that a disproportionate amount of his 'contribution' falls into that category.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Originally Posted by Rum_PirateGiven the (distraction) admonishment against asking a pertinent question on a thread namely :

This statement is completely devoid of factual basis, and is an egregious insult to your fellow forumites.

If you can not back that up with numerous citations, then I will have to assume that you are knowingly spreading falsehoods and denigrating the integrity of your fellow forumites ON PURPOSE.

Origin TomF 's post http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...62#post5866762

I don't see you having a beef about his citation. LOL

But for those that can't google (I am by no means expert at it) https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/...immigrant.../72839bc8-5c68-11e9-962...

As to the posts I gave direction.

RP, you do not argue honorably starting off with a mischaracterization of people positions you are arguing with. How about you take this kind of argument up with the folks who send you “news”.

So why are you in Norman's words "trying to distract the thread away from the topic at hand." ?

So why are you trying so hard to sell this particular lie?

Can you support your assertion that
    with anything of substance, or is it lies all the way down?

You're the only one whining about those posts, snowflake, because they do not exist.
    Rattling the teacups.

[QUOTE=Rum_Pirate;5866787

As to the posts I gave direction.[/QUOTE]

You give no direction, because such posts do not exist.

Their existence is made-up, a sham, a careless, brutal calumny. An insult to the intelligence of your fellows, here, but what would you know about intelligence?
    Rattling the teacups.

Rummy, don't ya ever tire of appearing the a$$? Not sure why you get such a giggle out of this sort of behavior.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    RP, you do not argue honorably starting off with a mischaracterization of people positions you are arguing with. How about you take this kind of argument up with the folks who send you “news”.
    'Please take Normans advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'

'Please take Normans advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'
    Seems to me the thread is about the 'whining outcry', and you're the only whining crybaby on the thread, sooooo . . .
    Rattling the teacups.

Again, you do not seem to understand what a sanctuary city is.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Again, you do not seem to understand what a sanctuary city is.

Peace,
    Robert
    There is no mention of 'sanctuary city' in the OP.

Please take Norman Bernstein's advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.'

Hmmm. Here's post #1. Is that not the OP? What is that term in the next to last line?

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Seems to me the thread is about the 'whining outcry', and you're the only whining crybaby on the thread, sooooo . . .
    . . . . it is apparent that you do not wish to, or are unable to, address the question raised in the OP. LOL

The subject at hand is your opening argument. Ignoring people’s points that your argument starts with a general mischaracterization, or falsehood, of others positions doesn’t distract but is required to have a common understanding of the topic. So you presenting a false premise that is free from examination ensures there is no common ground to discuss.
    Which is why I suggest you “discuss” with those who do not question but validate your false premise which I assume is some American based right wing echo chamber.

It’s like the windmills - NIMBY

SMOGRAS
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Hmmm. Here's post #1. Is that not the OP? What is that term in the next to last line?

Peace,
    Robert
    Acknowledged, in another quote from another thread as to why this thread was started.

Sanctuary city (French: ville sanctuaire; Spanish: ciudad santuario) refers to municipal jurisdictions, typically in North America and Western Europe, that limit their cooperation with the national government's effort to enforce immigration law.

So why the whining outcry about the immigrants being sent there now?

The subject at hand is your opening argument. Ignoring people’s points that your argument starts with a general mischaracterization, or falsehood, of others positions doesn’t distract but is required to have a common understanding of the topic. So you presenting a false premise that is free from examination ensures there is no common ground to discuss.
    Which is why I suggest you “discuss” with those who do not question but validate your false premise which I assume is some American based right wing echo chamber.
    Please take Norman Bernstein's advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.' LOL

. . . . it is apparent that you do not wish to, or are unable to, address the question raised in the OP. LOL

Right there Mr RP you come across as an 11 yr old thinking he’s clever, “LOL”, when you are acting as though no one notices your opening argument that defines other people for them. That is the most obvious and dishonest opening gambit in an argument.

Please take Norman Bernstein's advise and not 'distract the thread away from the topic at hand.' LOL

ok 8 yrs old. The playground is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Seems like the OP had a legitimate and honorable reason for starting the thread.

Now - can he answer #3... or are we instantly back to 'void by virtue of being disingenuous, unsupportable, claptrap'??

My own experience, and the reason the OP is on my ignore list, is that a disproportionate amount of his 'contribution' falls into that category.
    Since you have responded to my pot, your statement "the reason the OP is on my ignore list" appears to be false.

#3 has been answered but there is a consistent unwillingness to answer the question of the thread: So why the whining outcry about them now?

ok 8 yrs old. The playground is all yours.

I do't lock mine like others.

What is your unwillingness to answer the question of the thread: So why the whining outcry about them now?

There is no 'question' raised in the OP.

There is a false assertion disguised as a question.

Why are you trying so hard to sell this lie?

Why do you collapse into whiny snowflake mode when you get called out on your false premise?

Are you a man, or a mouse?

On the other thread you demonstrated your complete computer illiteracy by posting the Forum Index as proof that

Do you need an assistant to guide you around the forum?

I am eager to see all these storied posts, the existence of which you can not prove.

My prediction is that you will writhe around an cry and whine and pretend that you didn't insult every, single forumite with your falsehood, and in the end you will collapse like the little snowflake you are.

You should issue an apology to everyone who reads that drivel, or ever will.

But you won't.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post

Have we seen enough? I have. Unsupportable claptrap... per usual. Again I recommend 'Ignore'... either via the software, or more informally.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I do't lock mine like others.

What is your unwillingness to answer the question of the thread: So why the whining outcry about them now?
    You're the only one whining and crying, so why don't you tell us why you are unwilling to discuss the smear and the lies you have directed toward your fellow forumites?
    Rattling the teacups.

Acknowledged, in another quote from another thread as to why this thread was started.

So why the whining outcry about the immigrants being sent there now?
    Why are you being disingenuous? A one line definition does not cover the gamut of sanctuary cities.

There are simply no sanctuary cities calling for immigration, but rather for the protection of immigrants, and the treating of humans from elsewhere firstly AS humans.

The very notion of immigration is ridiculous to me, as are flags, and indeed, nations. Foolish constructs to lump us into warring factions used to accrue land, wealth, and power for the men in the castles.

Anyway, why are you not incensed, being anti-immigration, that one party is proposing to bus loads of immigrants into cities? Aren't these the very people who decry all immigrants as rapists and murderous drug gangs we need a wall to protect us from?

Peace,
    Robert

Right there Mr RP you come across as an 11 yr old thinking he’s clever, “LOL”, when you are acting as though no one notices your opening argument that defines other people for them. That is the most obvious and dishonest opening gambit in an argument.
    I stated the situation:

Then I asked the question:

The result being that nobody wishes to answer it, instead preferring attack the OP.

Interestingly Norman is not posting do not, distract the thread away from the topic at hand, on this thread. LOL

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

Gosh!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

When did I attack you? Or do other than challenge a fault in your logic?

When did I fail to address a query?

Peace,
    Nobody

Why are you being disingenuous? A one line definition does not cover the gamut of sanctuary cities.

There are simply no sanctuary cities calling for immigration, but rather for the protection of immigrants, and the treating of humans from elsewhere firstly AS humans.

The very notion of immigration is ridiculous to me, as are flags, and indeed, nations. Foolish constructs to lump us into warring factions used to accrue land, wealth, and power for the men in the castles.

Anyway, why are you not incensed, being anti-immigration, that one party is proposing to bus loads of immigrants into cities? Aren't these the very people who decry all immigrants as rapists and murderous drug gangs we need a wall to protect us from?

Peace,
    Robert
    Iff you wish to detract to sanctuary cities. So why the whining outcry about the immigrants being sent there now?

Why are people incensed, that one party is proposing to bus loads of immigrants into cities? Where would you prefer to have them stay?

Aren't these the very people who portray immigrants as good and refuse to report them to the Federal authorities?

Surely the WH etc is totally wrong about the immigrants and they wouldn't cause chaos?

I stated the situation:

The result being that nobody wishes to answer it, instead preferring attack the OP.
    Your assertion that "There have been numerous post on this forum that illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country.' is an out and out falsehood, otherwise you would have supported it by now with facts.

You can't.

For some reason, I took everybody off my ignore list awhile ago, but now you're back on.
    Rattling the teacups.

Redirecting...

Rum_Pirate has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.
    Rattling the teacups.

Iff you wish to detract to sanctuary cities. So why the whining outcry about the immigrants being sent there now?

Why are people incensed, that one party is proposing to bus loads of immigrants into cities? Where would you prefer to have them stay?

Aren't these the very people who portray immigrants as good and refuse to report them to the Federal authorities?

Surely the WH etc is totally wrong about the immigrants and they wouldn't cause chaos?
    You're right. Bring them on. I'm sure you'll now challenge me to help care for them. Or someone else who knows not one whit about me will. Fine.

The logical break you seem to be missing here is this: Someone runs on the premise that all immigrants are bad, and we need a wall to keep the citizens safe. To prove this point, they are willing to DELIBERATELY send these bad people into cities to spread "chaos".

So, which is it?

And, you'll not find ANY record of me whining about immigration policies here. You WILL find me saying again and again that nations, states, and flags are stupid, arcane notions.

The real problem is the class/caste system being jeopardized. Sorry for the distraction.

Peace,
    Robert