Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Post reporting about WH plans to bus immigrants..

Default Washington Post reporting about WH plans to bus immigrants..

From the border to districts held by political opponents of the President, to "release" them where they could "cause havoc". Intending to use migrants in a,way to "cause chaos" in Sanctuary cities.

Emails from White House people to ICE agents to discuss options - multiple sources, apparently Miller was prominent, but may not have originated the idea.

Migod. What complete pr#cks.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: Washington Post reporting about WH plans to bus immigrants..

"A republic, if you can keep it……"

Oh dear lord, save us from these idiots!
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Jesus, I didn’t believe you at first. What a deplorable president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...=.b1efab56316b

Makes sense , those cities WANT illegals , there’s no room at the border for them, think of the hell to physically push them back across the border, you all good with that?

How about all you open borders folks stepping up to become “billet families” for ten , twenty , maybe 50 or 60 folks?

You have the compassion and heart for helping out right? Put your names on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    Makes sense , those cities WANT illegals , there’s no room at the border for them, think of the hell to physically push them back across the border, you all good with that?

How about all you open borders folks stepping up to become “billet families” for ten , twenty , maybe 50 or 60 folks?

You have the compassion and heart for helping out right? Put your names on the list!
    You are very clearly revealing yourself, Paul. Are you happy with what's being exposed to view?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    You are very clearly revealing yourself, Paul. Are you happy with what's being exposed to view?
    Katherine has him pegged.
    Rattling the teacups.

Surely I have read on this very forum that immigrants (all inclusive) are good for the country, sanctuary cities are good.

Hmm, now it appears that many of those that see no issue with illegal immigrants, love sanctuary cities, etc, now are clamoring that it shouldn't be allowed.

Why aren't they welcoming it ?

Surely they will not act in the way that the WH allegedly believes that they will i.e. cause chaos?

The word rooted in the Greek word hypokrites appears to be appropriate.

If the cap fits.

Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

Rummy, are you missing the point where proposal "pushed" by the Trump administration was developed solely because Trump intended it to generate "chaos?" I'm less concerned that immigrants would have actually been in San Francisco or New York - that might have been good for them. I'm far more concerned that the administration's stated objective was not to advance the legislated purposes of America's immigration programs, or reduce risk or harm either to migrants or Americans, but to weaponize the mere existence of actual people in the hope of inflicting pain on partisan opponents.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Rummy, are you missing the point where proposal "pushed" by the Trump administration was developed solely because Trump intended it to generate "chaos?" I'm less concerned that immigrants would have actually been in San Francisco or New York - that might have been good for them. I'm far more concerned that the administration's stated objective was not to advance the legislated purposes of America's immigration programs, or reduce risk or harm either to migrants or Americans, but to weaponize the mere existence of actual people in the hope of inflicting pain on partisan opponents.
    But everything Trump believes is surely wrong.

There have been numerous post on this forum that illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country.

The sanctuary cities appear to welcome them with open arms.

So why the whining outcry about them now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    But everything Trump believes is surely wrong.

There have been numerous post on this forum that illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country.

The sanctuary cities appear to welcome them with open arms.

You don't understand the term "sanctuary city", at least as it applies here. Read up on what it means.

Peace,
    Robert

It's pretty apparent that people still don't know what sanctuary cities are and what it means.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    You don't understand the term "sanctuary city", at least as it applies here. Read up on what it means.

Peace,
    Robert

You never miss an opportunity to miss the point, do you.....

Tell us: putting the merits of immigration aside for a moment... do you approve of a President using immigration policy as a weapon against his political opponents?
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

What has any of that to do with the fact you don't seem to grasp what a sanctuary city is? You love to say how terrible it is here, at least have the decency to be accurate.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    You never miss an opportunity to miss the point, do you.....

Tell us: putting the merits of immigration aside for a moment... do you approve of a President using immigration policy as a weapon against his political opponents?
    I am asking a question on a point that many on this forum wish to sweep under the carpet. LOL

PS It does not matter one iota whether or not I approve of the President of the United States using immigration policy as a weapon against his political opponents. There is an endless supply of issues/items that I/one would disapprove of the POTUS using against his political opponents, this being included.

Really? Links, please.

What are you doing about it?

There is an endless supply of issues/items that I/one would disapprove of the POTUS using against his political opponents, this being included.

This is a thread about Trump trying to use immigration as a weapon against his political enemies.

It is NOT a thread about illegal immigration, in general.

I'm glad to see that you don't approve of using immigrants as a political weapon.

I'm disappointed that once again, you are trying to distract the thread away from the topic at hand.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Really? Links, please.
    In case you missed any of the myriad of them, can't possibly see how you would have, but a suggestion for starters, read some of Norman's posts. LOL

In case you missed any of the myriad of them, can't possibly see how you would have, but a suggestion for starters, read some of Norman's posts. LOL
    I do not recall seeing Norman, or anyone else, post that "illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country." I don't think you can back up this claim. If you think you can, post links. If you can't post links, I call BS.

I am asking a question on a point that many on this forum wish to sweep under the carpet. LOL

PS It does not matter one iota whether or not I approve of the President of the United States using immigration policy as a weapon against his political opponents. There is an endless supply of issues/items that I/one would disapprove of the POTUS using against his political opponents, this being included.

I challenge you to find ONE such post.

The whining outcry is now, and has always been, from 'Republicans'.

The willingness to distort what has actually been posted about immigration and turn it into this baseless, mendacious calumny is no surprise considering the source.

Pore li'l snowflake, can't even argue from factual premises, lest he actually ends up understanding something.

Piffle.

Rattling the teacups.

OK, I'll type more slowly. While there are several shocking (to me) parts to this proposal, the most shocking is that the Trump administration "pushed" this with the sole intent and hope of causing harm. Political harm to partisan adversaries, through causing what they assumed would be actual risk/harm to their constituents. All while actually diverting resources away from fulfilling the genuine border security mandate of the program.

I do not recall seeing Norman, or anyone else, post that "illegal/non-documented/etc immigrants are always good for the country." I don't think you can back up this claim. If you think you can, post links. If you can't post links, I call BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    I challenge you to find ONE such post.

The whining outcry is now, and has always been, from 'Republicans'.

The willingness to distort what has actually been posted about immigration and turn it into this baseless, mendacious calumny is no surprise considering the source.

Pore li'l snowflake, can't even argue from factual premises, lest he actually ends up understanding something.

Piffle.

OK here is ONE .

06-25-2018, 12:13 PM Thread: Why immigration is a good thing....
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    ...and why the Trump narrative about 'hordes of MS-13 gang members' and 'drug runners' is false. The fact of the matter is that immigration is good... VERY good... for the US... and we're missing a terrific opportunity.

Last edited by Rum_Pirate; 04-12-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Makes sense. I would hope that certain 9th Circus districts were high on the list. Dimocrats have been weaponizing illegal immigrants for years, against the average citizens. They sure are raising a stink at the thought of them in their own neighborhoods, though.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Uh, that's just a link to all of the forums. You fail it.

That’s an index of subforums. What is wrong with you today RP?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    That’s an index of subforums. What is wrong with you today RP?
    Today?

Now - can he answer [the objections]... or are we instantly back to 'void by virtue of being disingenuous, unsupportable, claptrap'??

My own experience, and the reason the OP is on my ignore list, is that a disproportionate amount of his 'contribution' falls into that category.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    OK, I'll type more slowly. While there are several shocking (to me) parts to this proposal, the most shocking is that the Trump administration "pushed" this with the sole intent and hope of causing harm. Political harm to partisan adversaries, through causing what they assumed would be actual risk/harm to their constituents. All while actually diverting resources away from fulfilling the genuine border security mandate of the program.
    Not only that, what of the people being used as helpless pawns in this political game? If they want to house the immigrants here,mi am fine with thst.. but if they planned to roll the bus to a stop and push them out the door? These are people, we wouldn't do that to animals
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Nothing new for our Carribbean Snowflake.
    Rattling the teacups.

Once again, it's shortsighted amateur hour at 1600 Pennsylvania.

Go ahead, send 10 busloads of new immigrants to the sanctuary city of your choice.
    I'll bet all the money in my pockets that those buses will be greeted by church groups and other charitable organizations and individuals with hot food and kindness. All on camera, broadcast worldwide, including in the ****hole countries.

They couldn't write a better script for a "send us your tired poor huddling masses" propaganda piece.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Someone in GOP leadership must be having a conversation about what Trump is doing to the GOP. “Do we really need to be associated with splitting families, spreading gross falsehoods, trashing our own security agencies, undermining Congressional power and enabling the worst authoritarian impulses in the White House?”

Personally, I'm happy to see conservative parties all over the world alienating immigrant voters. Most immigrants lean socially conservative, at least around here, so the conservative parties are really doing liberals a huge favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    Rum_Pirate: The male version of a feckless c***. It helps keeps his BS in perspective.
    Suggestion: Don't be rude.

Actions prompt responses, Rummy.

I would be happy to have more immigrants in my neighborhood. I would be happy to pay more taxes to support them landing on their feet. I would be happy to have them as friends.

People seem to have forgotten what the American dream even was, and how very recently we all came to this land. After we got here, we invented the idea of "illegal immigration" so that we could keep it all for ourselves.

Petty, short sighted, selfish, ungrateful, RACIST people.