Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assange arrested in Britain

Default Re: Assange arrested in Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Did he ever leak anything about Russia, China, Venezuela, Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia, Israel, North Korea, Pakistan, India, Myanmar . . . this great lifter of veils over systematic violation of human rights by national governments?
    I know that there are searchable databases of emails and government documents from Syria, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    Heís the Tang Tinted Turdís friend. He worked with the Russians on the Clinton emails.

Chelsea Manning is in jail in the USA for refusing to testify against him. I have more sympathy with Manning.

One of his Swedish victims is trying to get her case reinstated in Sweden.
    How can you even logically suggest that? Its Trumps DOJ who have been working the last 2 years to get him extradited, and if Trump is in the pocket of Putin that many here want to believe, and as you believe had dealings with Russia and Clintons, why would Trump want to even do that? The speculation does not even pass the smell test.

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    How can you even logically suggest that? Its Trumps DOJ who have been working the last 2 years to get him extradited, and if Trump is in the pocket of Putin that many here want to believe, and as you believe had dealings with Russia and Clintons, why would Trump want to even do that? The speculation does not even pass the smell test.
    How about (tinfoil hat time).. Trump gives Assange a couple of million bucks and a free pardon, and gets him to 'reveal' all sorts of unpleasant thing about Obama, Hillary, Mueller etc. in time for the 2020s?
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H. G. Wells

Are we sure this isn't Jamie?

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 11.22.54 AM.jpg
    A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man. My feature suggests an excellent side kick of good index.

Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    How about (tinfoil hat time).. Trump gives Assange a couple of million bucks and a free pardon, and gets him to 'reveal' all sorts of unpleasant thing about Obama, Hillary, Mueller etc. in time for the 2020s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Impeccable timing.
    ^^^
    Nosce te ipsum

^ Quite so

President Trump said on Thursday: “I know nothing about Wikileaks. It’s not my thing,” after he was asked about the organization in the aftermath of Julian Assange's arrest, per USA Today.

Reality check: Trump said he loved WikiLeaks at an October 2016 rally in Pennsylvania, according to The Hill. The Washington Post put together a video collection of all the times the president referenced WikiLeaks on the 2016 campaign trail.

Flashback: WikiLeaks sent Donald Trump Jr. a series of Twitter direct messages between September 2016 and 2017, with the president's son responding to some of the messages sent ahead of November's election.

https://www.axios.com/trump-assange-...8187b8b44.html

The dirt, or some of it, is already out there. Getting it to stick when you have a DOJ and politically biased FBI is another matter. And in some peoples eyes, some people can do no wrong despite all the bodies piling up. I would not dismiss any kind of deal out of hand, it appears its done all the time if you know the right people or line of credit.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who pays you to post this?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Would you feel the same if one or more of YOUR family members was part of the 12 that got slaughtered that day? Proud your nation tried hard to cover it up?
    Would you feel the same if one or more of YOUR family members was amongst the interpreters for NATO who were murdered because WikiLeaks published their names to the Taliban? Or donít brown Muslims count?
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Are we sure this isn't Jamie?

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 11.22.54 AM.jpg
    Jamie has a far better head of hair and is much better looking, as you might expect of a man who spends his time in the fresh air with wooden boats. Pshaw!
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

The simplest thing would be to deport him back to his homeland, Australia, as an undesirable alien. Then if the USA want him, they can ask the Aussies.

Nick

Would you feel the same if one or more of YOUR family members was amongst the interpreters for NATO who were murdered because WikiLeaks published their names to the Taliban? Or donít brown Muslims count?
    Well arguably, the "western coalition" should never have been in Afghanistan in the first place, and there shouldn't have been a need for interpreters - how far back do you want to go?
    What are the chances that Assange gets a fair trial, as against a Gitmo style military kangaroo court? Or that any sort of trial happens in a remotely timely fashion. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't wish a US extradition on anyone, especially in what is now a highly politicized case.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Would you feel the same if one or more of YOUR family members was amongst the interpreters for NATO who were murdered because WikiLeaks published their names to the Taliban? Or don’t brown Muslims count?
    Every life has value, but it would appear US foreign policy does not feel the same way. MILLIONS have died based on LIES.

MILLIONS have died based on LIES.
    Twas ever thus. . .
    Nosce te ipsum

Would you feel the same if one or more of YOUR family members was amongst the interpreters for NATO who were murdered because WikiLeaks published their names to the Taliban? Or don’t brown Muslims count?
    He certainly leaked information about bad acts, but he also leaked information that he had no business leaking. Wikileaks was so indiscriminate in its publication of information that even Edward Snowden was appalled.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks
    In July 2016, Edward Snowden criticised WikiLeaks for insufficiently curating its content.[28] When Snowden made data public, he did so by working with the Washington Post, the Guardian and other news organisations, choosing only to make documents public which exposed National Security Agency surveillance programs.[28] Content that compromised national security or exposed sensitive personal information was withheld.[28] WikiLeaks, on the other hand, makes little effort to remove sensitive personal information or withhold content with adverse national security implications. WikiLeaks responded by accusing Snowden of pandering to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.[28]
    Assauge was also hypocritical. He ran one of the most secretive organizations in the world. Transparency was for other people.

I know that there are searchable databases of emails and government documents from Syria, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
    Do they have some connection to wikileaks?
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

On balance I'm with Ska on this. Politicians prove all the time their governments are not to be trusted. Let me quote the Vietnam conflicts and Iraq for a start, let alone the illegal goings on by the US in Sth America for well over 100 years.
    But I'm not at all sure about Assange's mental state lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Do they have some connection to wikileaks?
    Well they are ON wikileaks..

https://wikileaks.org/+-Government-+.html

Or more specifically..

Saudi:
    https://wikileaks.org/saudi-cables/

Syria:
    https://search.wikileaks.org/syria-files/

Turkey:
    https://wikileaks.org//akp-emails/

No wonder the US wants him buried………………..

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    He does look really bad. I hope it is an act and not an indication on his mental and physical state
    I think he's only 47 years old.

Can this sudden eviction and subsequent arrest of Assange be related somehow to the Mueller probe and report?

No, Assange was critical of Equador's new President.

I understand that the original extradition request e=was for a 'misuse of a carriage service' or some such, but once the US has him there will be new charges.
    From the examples I see here I would not trust the US 'justice system' to be any sort of 'just' at all. It's been the playground of politics for far to long to be trusted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who pays you to post this?
    He's Russian...

Quote Originally Posted by old pathologist View Post
    I think he's only 47 years old.
    That's sad.. I am a year older and just now starting to get some gray.. though I have less hair. Tradeoffs, I imagine
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by NickW View Post
    The simplest thing would be to deport him back to his homeland, Australia, as an undesirable alien. Then if the USA want him, they can ask the Aussies.

Nick

........there would be a hell of a row back here! ..........but our politicians are well and truely bought.
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

That's sad.. I am a year older and just now starting to get some gray.. though I have less hair. Tradeoffs, I imagine
    So YOU judge a man, or person, on having GRAY hair??? Unbelievable !

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    Seriously?

I could do this all night. . .
    Last edited by Old Dryfoot; 04-11-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    Nosce te ipsum

It's spelled grey. I prefer to call mine antique blonde JayInOz

Quote Originally Posted by JayInOz View Post
    It's spelled grey. I prefer to call mine antique blonde JayInOz
    Why not correct Art? Speaks volumes, to me about what a hypocrite you are Jay!

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while greyreigns supreme in the UK.

I’d say you are just a jacka$$, but I’d prolly get banned, and yes Prolly, should be spelled probably. You’re earned a spot with the others on ignore ! Good day kind sir , LOL, Rich Head !

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    No, Assange was critical of Equador's new President.

I understand that the original extradition request e=was for a 'misuse of a carriage service' or some such, but once the US has him there will be new charges.
    From the examples I see here I would not trust the US 'justice system' to be any sort of 'just' at all. It's been the playground of politics for far to long to be trusted at all.
    From what I heard on NPR earlier, that's not how extradition works.

If he's extradited to the US for misuse of a carriage service, then that is all he can be charged with.

Legally.

Of course, the William Barr DoJ hasn't upheld the law YET, so anything might happen.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    He's Russian...
    I would ask you, as i have asked others, to support that assertion, but as i know you cant, im afraid im going to have to say you are LYING. When people post this kind of garbage comment, is obviously why other people have maybe suggested i have ended up on "the popular" ignore list. So where do you get your wrong information?

I am more envious that he has more hair. If you must know, if you are going to take my comment the wrong way, I thought he was older than me, not a year younger. His time in hiding must have been hard considering how it aged him so quickly
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Why not correct Art? Speaks volumes, to me about what a hypocrite you are Jay!

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while greyreigns supreme in the UK.

Iíd say you are just a jacka$$, but Iíd prolly get banned, and yes Prolly, should be spelled probably. Youíre earned a spot with the others on ignore ! Good day kind sir , LOL, Rich Head !
    Hahaha! You go Paul. Call me whatever you like You're a trump supporter- I can't think of a worse insult than that. JayInOz

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    From what I heard on NPR earlier, that's not how extradition works.

If he's extradited to the US for misuse of a carriage service, then that is all he can be charged with.

Legally.

Of course, the William Barr DoJ hasn't upheld the law YET, so anything might happen.
    News here was that new charges are being prepared, in anticipation perhaps?