Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,575 of 1702

Thread: Skookum Maru

Default Re: Skookum Maru

Great pics! Thanks. Is it unusual or normal for that area and time of year that it seemed that there were never any windy days during your trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    'Cause the job paid for the boat?

This coming from the guy who's up at 5:30 to get some work finished to deliver to a client this AM. However, I allow myself 15-20 with the first cup of coffee visiting here and elsewhere.
    Oh right! Yes, that was it. And I'm quite familiar with that 5:30 am coffee before the push to get something out the door... That's the life of an independent software developer. The hours are long and the pay is spotty but it sure beats working for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by gray duck View Post
    Great pics! Thanks. Is it unusual or normal for that area and time of year that it seemed that there were never any windy days during your trip?
    Thanks! Regarding the wind, I should spend more time studying the weather patterns around here, even though I've been living with them most of my life, so I'll probably get this wrong, but...

The Pacific ocean, the mountain ranges and the various channels and passages of the Salish Sea make for complicated wind patterns but typically in August we get a morning calm, 10-15 kt winds in the afternoon, and then another calm in the evening and overnight. But we also get regular days with 20-30 kt winds and small craft advisories. We had a couple of those on this trip but we managed to avoid them by choosing our anchorages and timing. Except for the night in Eastsound, where I misjudged the shelter and the wind and we bounced around a bit. I also planned our homeward leg across the Strait of Juan de Fuca for a day that was forecast to be calm, as the days on either side were supposed to get windier. Winds in the straits (Juan de Fuca, Rosario, Haro and Georgia) are can be quite strong, with frequent small craft advisories and gale warnings, but inside the archipelagos you can generally count on some shelter.

We avoid the straits in anything much over 15kts of wind just because it makes for a really uncomfortable ride in a power boat. When combined with an adverse tide and a long fetch down the strait the seas can build up very quickly into a steep, hull-banging chop. A few years ago I misjudged both the wind and the tide and we got stuck in the Strait of Juan de Fuca heading west from Haro Strait to Victoria B.C. against the flood, with the wind blowing 20kts from the west and a gale warning for the afternoon. That was a long and uncomfortable day and we considered turning tail and running back to Friday Harbor or some other handy sheltered spot. But in the end we stuck it out and made it behind the breakwater in Victoria just as the wind was building to a full gale. The last twenty minutes of that run were pretty bouncy. Skookum Maru handled it just fine but there were some white knuckles aboard.

And then there are the tide rips...
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Life is short. Go boating now!

Looks suspiciously like Skookum Maru at the Shilshole guest dock this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Looks suspiciously like Skookum Maru at the Shilshole guest dock this morning.
    Yep, we came in last night. We have a sublease lined up for a few weeks on F dock but we are waiting for the previous tenant to leave. In the meantime I have to catch up on work so I'm heading into the office. Will be down at this boat later this afternoon.
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Yesterday I finished a little project that I have been meaning to get done for a while now, but it didn't go quite as I had hoped so I might need some advice. Skookum Maru came with an old and cryptically-marked wooden dip stick for checking the fuel tank level. Aside from the half and full marks, which were reasonably well defined, I've never been sure how to interpret the ticks scored into it. I think they are meant to be eighths and I have used them that way but I can't bring myself to trust them. Reading the level on the old and fuel-stained piece of wood is also something of an art. On Savona I used a graduated plexiglass dip tube that worked great. Drop it in, stick your thumb over the end to seal it and pull it out, and the fuel level is clearly shown. No guess work.

I've wanted a similar dip tube for Skookum Maru so I bought some suitable tube. And because I wasn't really confident in the markings on the old stick I measured the tanks to come up with my own marks. A task made more complicated by the irregular shape of the tanks and the angle of insertion of the tube. Much math and scribbling ensued but in the end I came up with 1/4 tank markings that I believe are accurate. I then masked off the graduations on the tube and painted it with common-or-garden-variety black Rustoleum enamel (brush on).

So far so good, but I had some question as to the ability of the paint to stand up to the diesel fuel. I let it dry over night and checked the tanks with it this morning. The tube worked exactly as I hoped, showing 1/4+ in the starboard tank and 1/2+ in the port tank. I could mark it down to 8ths or 16ths even, but I think 4ths are fine for general use. However when I wiped the fuel off of the tube the markings definitely started to come off. So that's not going to work then.

Now what? Do I need to let it dry longer? Use a different paint? Prep the tube in some way? It's not that easy to sand it... I did try scoring the tube and that might be possible but my options for scoring it are a bit limited (hacksaw and tube cutter) and I wasn't really thrilled with either. Is there an adhesive tape product that would work and would stand up to fuel?
    - Chris

Could you attach small metal spring or pinch clamps as markers? I would be nervous about scoring the plexiglass, it could break at a score line and drop in the tank.

Put Turks' heads with nylon with nylon string where your marks are

I don't sound my tanks. I know the burn rate and keep track of the hours
    What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

I think that a mechanical solution will be more robust to fuel than any adhesive. Four little stainless hose clamps? Double constrictor knots in a suitable cord?
    Dreaming of sailing in Iowa, building a Carnell Nutmeg.

Quote Originally Posted by rgthom View Post
    Could you attach small metal spring or pinch clamps as markers? I would be nervous about scoring the plexiglass, it could break at a score line and drop in the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Put Turks' heads with nylon with nylon string where your marks are

I don't sound my tanks. I know the burn rate and keep track of the hours
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMB View Post
    I think that a mechanical solution will be more robust to fuel than any adhesive. Four little stainless hose clamps? Double constrictor knots in a suitable cord?
    Ah! I don't know why I didn't think about a mechanical solution. I think zip ties would work perfectly. I might make a light score at each point just so I can check that the zip ties haven't moved but that's easy to do with a tubing cutter.

Bobcat, I've never thought of not checking the fuel level. I'm not sure I could get comfortable with just doing the math. I do also know the burn rate and keep track of engine hours but I still like seeing how much fuel we have in the tank before we head out.
    - Chris

Maybe I am naive, but the math is fine for me. I assume I am burning at the upper end of the burn rate and work from there. That being said, I do not usually don't get anywhere near emptying the tanks. I carry 170 gallons and I think the most I have ever put in is about 110 gallons.

Maybe I am naive, but the math is fine for me. I assume I am burning at the upper end of the burn rate and work from there. That being said, I do not usually don't get anywhere near emptying the tanks. I carry 170 gallons and I think the most I have ever put in is about 110 gallons.
    I don’t think there is anything wrong with that approach. I’ve just never considered it before. I am also very conservative in my fuel estimates and and typically refuel when we are at about half full so running out isn’t very likely. Maybe I should follow your example. It certainly would require less fussing about with shop towels and dip tubes!
    - Chris

Not quite on point, but I am surprised at the difference in diesel prices among fuel docks in Puget Sound. I try to buy my fuel in Oak Harbor, which is usually the cheapest.

I hope to be heading out for a few days on Wednesday. I will probably fuel up before I leave Everett. Everett's price is competitive and, after this discussion, the last thing I want to do is run out of fuel.

Going to Princess Louisa Inlet on my brother's American Tug, we fueled up in Pender Harbour BC. The diesel there made anything south of the border seem cheap.

Not quite on point, but I am surprised at the difference in diesel prices among fuel docks in Puget Sound. I try to buy my fuel in Oak Harbor, which is usually the cheapest.

I hope to be heading out for a few days on Wednesday. I will probably fuel up before I leave Everett. Everett's price is competitive and, after this discussion, the last thing I want to do is run out of fuel.

Going to Princess Louisa Inlet on my brother's American Tug, we fueled up in Pender Harbour BC. The diesel there made anything south of the border seem cheap.
    The latest fuel price survey I have shows Skyline cheapest at $4.45/gal, followed by Oak Harbor at $4.79. Everett is $5.05. Still at the low end though. Shilshole is $5.99 and Morrisons (on Lake Union) is $6.49. Ouch!
    - Chris

Ah… just realized the Skyline price doesn’t include tax, so Oak Harbor is probably cheapest then.
    - Chris

Where did you find the survey? I used to be able to find out that was up to date and covered the Sound, but it seems to have vanished.

I bought some of the "Rescue Tape" at a boatshow many years ago and have found it to be pretty fuel/oil resistant. That's wrapping it around my dipstick as an upper seal. Not sure how well it'd bond with the plastic, though.

Where did you find the survey? I used to be able to find out that was up to date and covered the Sound, but it seems to have vanished.
    It’s in the “Boater’s Guide” app for iOS and Android, and is also posted regularly to the Puget Sound Slip Swap Facebook group. I have the app for the fuel survey, which is useful. The rest is mostly a collection of links to external sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh MacD View Post
    I bought some of the "Rescue Tape" at a boatshow many years ago and have found it to be pretty fuel/oil resistant. That's wrapping it around my dipstick as an upper seal. Not sure how well it'd bond with the plastic, though.
    After thinking about the problem a bit more I’m going to try using heat shrink. I have a bunch of it and I expect that it will stay in place better than zip ties or tape. The trick will be to shrink the heat shrink without melting the plastic tube. We’ll see…
    - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    It’s in the “Boater’s Guide” app for iOS and Android, and is also posted regularly to the Puget Sound Slip Swap Facebook group. I have the app for the fuel survey, which is useful. The rest is mostly a collection of links to external sites.

After thinking about the problem a bit more I’m going to try using heat shrink. I have a bunch of it and I expect that it will stay in place better than zip ties or tape. The trick will be to shrink the heat shrink without melting the plastic tube. We’ll see…
    Chris - zip ties are available in various colors - Would, say, red at 1/4 capacity, yellow at 1/2, green at 3/4 work for you ? ?

Rick
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

So does heat shrink. I like your idea

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    I don’t think there is anything wrong with that approach. I’ve just never considered it before. I am also very conservative in my fuel estimates and and typically refuel when we are at about half full so running out isn’t very likely. Maybe I should follow your example. It certainly would require less fussing about with shop towels and dip tubes!
    I just bought fuel. I projected I would take about 80 gallons. I took 81. I think provided you are realistic about the burn rate you can do the math and rely on it. It's a comment that I was excited that diesel in Des Moines was just under $5 a gallon
    I paid $2 a gallon during the pandemic

You may also consider getting a sharpie MeanStreak marker for your dip stick. They are the closest thing to an indelible marker that I have ever heard of, acetone does not usually begin to touch them, and I have labeled gas cans with them without issue.

Nicholas

Have you considered retrofitting sight glasses to your fuel tanks? I have them on both of Dixi Rose's fuel tanks. The glass mounts have a shut off valve for isolating the glass from the tank if necessary. The glass tubing is protected but two metal rods adjacent the sight glasses. Direct reading with no other systems or handling required. My tanks are below to pilot house floor, aft of the engine, but I can lift a small hatch under the folding chart table to view the sightglasses.

On Snoose I use a spread sheet that tracks engine hours and burn rate of both tanks. I also use a wood dipstick and a tape measure. As my tanks are pretty rectangular, the gallons per inch is pretty accurate. When I dip the tanks, I also enter that into my spread sheet which cross checks and also updates the burn rate factor.

I have heard that there are strips that can be attached to the outside of a tank that will Bluetooth the level to an app. Not sure if that exists, I should research it. I’m happy with my fuel tank system, but could sure use a better system on my black water holding tank. Right now it just has a red light when it is full, which is sometimes a little late to find a pumpout in time.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    Chris - zip ties are available in various colors - Would, say, red at 1/4 capacity, yellow at 1/2, green at 3/4 work for you ? ?

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh MacD View Post
    So does heat shrink. I like your idea

Sadly, both heat shrink and zip ties failed immediately. The diesel oil made the tube slippery enough that the marks slid right off when I wiped it down. So it's back to some sort of paint.

I just bought fuel. I projected I would take about 80 gallons. I took 81. I think provided you are realistic about the burn rate you can do the math and rely on it. It's a comment that I was excited that diesel in Des Moines was just under $5 a gallon
    I paid $2 a gallon during the pandemic
    That's pretty accurate. And I'm realizing that you're right - I don't need to dip the tanks that often.

I am not looking forward to filling up this time as fuel prices are painful right now, but I have to remind myself that we only have to do it once a year, at most, and that fuel costs are still nowhere near the most expensive part of owning a boat. Now if you want to talk about moorage costs...! Leasing a piece of prime, in-city, waterfront property just for boat storage might just be the most insane part of the whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelirrojo View Post
    You may also consider getting a sharpie MeanStreak marker for your dip stick. They are the closest thing to an indelible marker that I have ever heard of, acetone does not usually begin to touch them, and I have labeled gas cans with them without issue.

Nicholas
    Ah - thanks Nicholas. I didn't think about using a paint marker. I'll have to try that next.

Quote Originally Posted by Psuggmog View Post
    Have you considered retrofitting sight glasses to your fuel tanks? I have them on both of Dixi Rose's fuel tanks. The glass mounts have a shut off valve for isolating the glass from the tank if necessary. The glass tubing is protected but two metal rods adjacent the sight glasses. Direct reading with no other systems or handling required. My tanks are below to pilot house floor, aft of the engine, but I can lift a small hatch under the folding chart table to view the sightglasses.
    I would love to fit sight glasses. I guess I'm not sure how one would go about adding one to an existing tank though. Can you just drill and tap the tank wall directly? Or do you need to weld on fittings? And could it be done in place or would I need to remove the tanks? Now would be the time to do it as we are at less than half of the total fuel capacity so it would be possible to empty each tank. It's not a job that I would want to take on myself but a friend of mine recently had a float gauge added to his tank as he has the luxury of access to the top of the tank. I'll have to find out who did the work and see if they would be able to add sight glasses to Skookum Maru. That would be a much better solution than the dip stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    On Snoose I use a spread sheet that tracks engine hours and burn rate of both tanks. I also use a wood dipstick and a tape measure. As my tanks are pretty rectangular, the gallons per inch is pretty accurate. When I dip the tanks, I also enter that into my spread sheet which cross checks and also updates the burn rate factor.

I have heard that there are strips that can be attached to the outside of a tank that will Bluetooth the level to an app. Not sure if that exists, I should research it. I’m happy with my fuel tank system, but could sure use a better system on my black water holding tank. Right now it just has a red light when it is full, which is sometimes a little late to find a pumpout in time.
    I like the range of approaches we all have. Bobcat goes by trust and math. I trust, but verify. You use a spread sheet and multiple cross checks. I always feel like I *should* be tracking fuel burn more accurately but I can never bring myself to spend that much time on it. And I'm envious of the simple approach but have a hard time letting go of my need to see the fuel level for myself.

I used to have that problem with holding tanks. One of the things I hated most about the whole system of hoses and tanks that make up a typical marine sanitation system. I'm so much happier with the composting heads that we have now.
    - Chris

One thing to note: I never run close to the bottom of the tanks. It seems I usually fill up when I have lots of fuel still on board.

One thing to note: I never run close to the bottom of the tanks. It seems I usually fill up when I have lots of fuel still on board.
    I do that as well. Honestly the regular tank check is pretty redundant but I doubt I'll give it up because I have some history here. Way back in 1980 my parents sold our house in Seattle, bought a 1946 Matthews Sedan Cruiser, and moved us all aboard - setting me on a path that has defined much of my life over the past forty years and more. But the experience did not begin all that well. A few days after taking ownership of the boat my Dad, who was an experienced skipper, took us on a short day cruise around Lake Washington. All went well until we were at the very southern tip of the lake - about as far as it is possible to get from our home slip on Lake Union - when we ran completely out of fuel. We anchored and called for help and eventually made it home with nothing lost other than a little time and pride. But I have never forgotten that experience, and the knowledge that a simple check of the fuel level would have prevented it.

More thought is needed on the fuel tank situation but for the moment I have set aside all the various boat projects in favor of some actual boating. On Friday we set out for a short Labor Day Weekend cruise around Puget Sound. We left Shilshole Marina in the afternoon, after Dash finished school, and headed out into a golden hazy sunset.

We motored south past Elliott Bay and downtown Seattle...

and headed into Blakely Harbor on Bainbridge Island just as the sun vanished.

I had never be into Blakely before, even though it is a popular anchorage close to Seattle, and we wanted to explore the mid-Sound area a bit this time. Our first sight on entering the harbor was the schooner Adventuress anchored in the middle of the bay.

A promising sign to be sure, so we anchored a bit farther into the harbor and settled in for the evening.

To be continued...
    - Chris

The cruising guides have nothing but positive things to say about Blakely, and once even noted that Blakely Rock, which sits at the mouth of the harbor, tends to block freighter and ferry wakes incoming from Puget Sound. However that was not our experience and we rolled a bit in the night. It wasn't too uncomfortable, but a stern anchor would have helped by keeping the bow heading into the waves. A plan for next time.

The next morning we woke to light drizzle and fog.

I rowed the dogs ashore to a small beach at the head of the inlet where there is a small park.

And then after breakfast we raised anchor and cruised around the south end of Bainbridge Island through Rich Passage.

Rich Passage is a major channel for all sorts of boat traffic, including the Washington State Ferries heading between Seattle and Bremerton. More often than not, one meets a ferry or two coming through at the same time and this occasion was no exception.

However Tory and Dash were unperturbed, likely because they were both wrapped up in their reading, that traditional rainy day cruising activity.

After a run up the west side of Bainbridge Island we anchored in Liberty Bay at Poulsbo, our destination for that night, just as the sun banished the overcast.

To be continued...
    - Chris

We spent Saturday and Sunday in Liberty Bay, enjoying the little town of Poulsbo. Tory and I had been here by boat once before but this was the first time for Dash. We window shopped, bought Dash a few books and a small ship in a bottle, and worked to corral the dogs among the crowds of people walking about. Unfortunately Scout, our younger dog, is very anxious and reactive - especially to other dogs. It's the result of the pandemic, which prevented him from being properly socialized as a puppy. He's a lovely, affectionate dog otherwise but it does make walking him in crowded places and narrow docks something of a chore. Which led to an almost-misadventure. In Poulsbo the official shore access is via a public dinghy dock, which is, of course, used by everyone to bring their dogs ashore. After a few trips to the dock with Scout. and the resulting gauntlet of dogs and people, I decided to try taking the dogs to the "beach" just north of the town instead. So this morning I piled Addie and Scout into the dinghy and rowed them ashore.

It was a mistake. In fact it was several mistakes.

My first error was in wearing flip flops - my usual footwear for landing on a beach with the dinghy - on this excursion. My second was in imagining a beach existed where there were only vast mud flats stretching out from a small strip of sea grass along the shore - mud flats made even more exposed by the low tide. I realized my error as I approached the shore but I was determined to walk the dogs and get it over with so I beached the dinghy, dragging it well up from the water (or so I thought) and then we all squelched across the mud.

The dogs were unenthusiastic and reluctant to do their necessary business so we trudged around in the grass, avoiding barnacle-encrusted rocks, broken glass and a few dying jellyfish, for rather longer than I had planned. But at last the job was done, and none too soon, as when we turned back to the dinghy I saw that it was no longer securely perched in the muck, but was... bobbing? Yes, definitely bobbing just a few feet from the edge of the incoming tide. Back across the mud we squelched again, me trying to move as quickly as possible, Scout doing his best to drag me down into the mud face-first, and the mud clutching at my flip flops and threatening to keep them imprisoned at every step. I'm sure we made a hilarious picture if anyone was watching from the shore. It was a close thing but we made it to the dinghy before it moved beyond wading range. I've never had to swim for a dinghy yet and today was not my day to start. Not through any skill on my part, mind, but by pure luck. I'll take it nonetheless.

We rowed back to Skookum Maru, rather muddy and somewhat chastened by the adventure. It was not my finest moment

But after a restorative pot of coffee things looked rather better. No harm done after all, and several lessons learned. So we ate a quick breakfast then raised anchor for the run home, with a stopover at Blake Island for lunch.

Blake Island is a small marine park just across Puget Sound from downtown Seattle. It's not very sheltered but it's a nice place to spend a few hours so we found an open park mooring buoy and ate lunch while watching the scenery on shore just a few feet away.

After lunch Dash and I rigged the dinghy for sailing and tacked around the anchorage for a while.

And then we headed back to Seattle.

Dash has school tomorrow so he and Tory had to head home, but I begged for a few more days on the boat and Tory was kind enough to agree. So I'm now sitting at Bell Harbor Marina on Elliott Bay with a free week ahead. I have to work but I can do that from the boat as long as I have a cell connection. So the question is - where should I go? I am hoping that I can make it to the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival next weekend but I have no idea whether there will be any moorage available at the Boat Haven by then. Something to look into tomorrow.
    Last edited by cstevens; 09-06-2022 at 02:07 AM.
    - Chris

Hot spots and remote connections can be a wonderful thing. Being in a meeting is so much nicer when you can attend from the boat.

I wouldn’t mind taking Amazon to the Wooden Boat Festival one day. Color me envious that that might be in the cards for you Chris.
    -Jim

Sucker for a pretty face.
    1934 27' Blanchard Cuiser ~ Amazon, Ex. Emalu
    19'6" Caledonia Yawl ~ Sparrow

Getting into trouble one board at a time.

I went to the Festival in 2018, arriving on Friday morning and finding there was a space at Boat Haven. I am not thrilled with the idea of anchoring off PT for the festival, although I did that the first time I went in 1979, but that was with a small boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jsjpd1 View Post
    Hot spots and remote connections can be a wonderful thing. Being in a meeting is so much nicer when you can attend from the boat.

I wouldn’t mind taking Amazon to the Wooden Boat Festival one day. Color me envious that that might be in the cards for you Chris.
    The always-on mobile internet connection aboard Skookum Maru is great when I want it but I'm glad that there is no coverage in many places that we visit so that I can just unplug. But for this week it will let me keep up with work and play with boats at the same time, which is no bad thing.

I went to the Festival in 2018, arriving on Friday morning and finding there was a space at Boat Haven. I am not thrilled with the idea of anchoring off PT for the festival, although I did that the first time I went in 1979, but that was with a small boat.
    After all the stories and photos of boats dragging onto the beach here I doubt I would anchor off Port Townsend for more than a few hours. My fallback plan was to go to Mystery Bay or Mats Mats and just come over for the day but there was no need, as I found a slip at Boat Haven as well.

After spending Monday night at Bell Harbor, in downtown Seattle, I moved up to Shilshole and spent a day there doing laundry and reprovisioning for the run up to Port Townsend. I had some good company from boats heading up to the PTWBF as well, including the converted Willian Garden troller Halcyon, which pulled in a few hours after I did.

Halcyon is now owned by The Center for Wooden Boats. She's a lovely boat and I expect they will take good care of her.

Then this morning I got under way single handed and headed up the Sound for Port Townsend on a perfect September day.

When I got to Port Townsend I hailed Boat Haven on the VHF to see if there was any room and they found me a place to stay for the next few nights. So here we are!

I haven't been to the PTWBF since I was a kid. I'd have to check the log of my parents' boat, St. Brendan, to confirm but I expect it was 1981 or 1982. I'm looking forward to seeing a few boats and maybe even meeting some people that I have only met virtually until now.
    - Chris

Have a good time. I am not going to make it this year.

I, too, am not keen to anchor off PT
    Last edited by Bobcat; 09-08-2022 at 01:30 AM.

My wife and I are going to drive over for the day on Saturday, hope to see you there, and oddly enough, we were at Bell Harbor Monday afternoon for a touristy sailboat cruise that my sister arranged. Had I noticed Skookum Maru I would have said hello. Great trip report and pictures as usual.

Very nice, Chris, for her to be there in the company of such a fine collection of kindred boats.

This is tempting me to jump on my motorcycle and ride down to PT for the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by RobK View Post
    My wife and I are going to drive over for the day on Saturday, hope to see you there, and oddly enough, we were at Bell Harbor Monday afternoon for a touristy sailboat cruise that my sister arranged. Had I noticed Skookum Maru I would have said hello. Great trip report and pictures as usual.
    Thanks Rob! I'll be there with Tory and Dash on Saturday. Will look out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by _QB_ View Post
    Very nice, Chris, for her to be there in the company of such a fine collection of kindred boats.

This is tempting me to jump on my motorcycle and ride down to PT for the weekend...
    That would be great if you can Paul. It would be nice to see you. I will be there Friday and Saturday but I have to head back on Sunday to get home for meetings on Monday morning. Skookum Maru isn't in the actual show though (I realize that I might not have been clear on that point in my earlier post). I didn't think I would have the time to come up at all until just a couple of days ago so it was a spontaneous decision to go. She'll be at Boat Haven through Saturday.
    - Chris