Thread: Bug in the bulletin board editor

Default Bug in the bulletin board editor

Not sure if this is the right place for bug reports, but for a while now there has been a bug in the forum editor that replaces some "r" word endings at the end of the line with a thumbs-down emoticon. Like if I used the word interior.

at the end of a line. Not sure why? Of course I can't replicate it now but see http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...48#post5843848

Default Re: Bug in the bulletin board editor

Could it be a New England thing?

Ayuhbr/>

It's the code: 'r' plus '<' make

interiobr/>
    ...leave a [space] between them, you get
    interior <br/>

Hope the voyage is a long one.
    May there be many a summer morning when,
    with what pleasure, what joy,
    you come into harbors seen for the first time...

Ithaka, by Cavafy
    (Keeley - Sherrard translation)

Quote Originally Posted by scottmacc View Post
    Could it be a New England thing?
    Ayuh, if you hovah ovah the thumbs down () emoji in the inseaht an emoji box, it will show you the text that generates the emoji. If you follow an ah with a less than symbol, you get a thumbs down, like this: ah<, except is doesn't woahk in Yankonics. If you inseaht a space between the ah and the symbol, like this, r <. It doesn't happen and if you capitalize it, R < it doesn't do it but that causes other problems

While on the subject of glitches, if you use 'Go Advanced' to preview the post and the above sentence ends with a period, everything after 'down(' disappears when you click Preview Post, but only if the R< is the last thing typed When this paragraph ends with a period, everything after 'down(' disappears If I take out the space between R and < in the sentence above, it does it again
    Last edited by MN Dave; 03-19-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch

...just to be clear, I have been getting it without using the less than (<) character at all. I suspect that the editor first converts line returns to the <br/> tag and then parses the text for the emoticon pattern, resulting in the errant thumbs down icon. But good point about adding a space at the end. That should solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    ...just to be clear, I have been getting it without using the less than (<) character at all. I suspect that the editor first converts line returns to the <br/> tag and then parses the text for the emoticon pattern, resulting in the errant thumbs down icon. But good point about adding a space at the end. That should solve it.
    The problem that I described was with the use of R < following ( r < ) anywhere in the post. If I copy and paste this sentence without the extra spaces, this happens: Only if there is a period after R < and without words after it

The problem that I described was with the use of R< following (r

Edit: I copied the first sentence then pasted it and deleted the extra spaces. Apparently R< following , only if is in parenthesis causes anything after () to be deleted R< and after several trials, it does not happen if there is a space following this text, and the presence of a period at the end doesn't seem to matter(a period here causes it though) If you copy this and post it without a space after the final period, it will truncate it after (r.
    Last edited by MN Dave; 03-19-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch

This is a test of the editor
    the edito
    Hm. Still not the problem I have been running into but no matter. It's not that critical.