Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: French chickens kill fox

Default Re: French chickens kill fox

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    ^ I have a feeling that 90% of the missing cat posters I see in my area are the result of bald eagles.
    Yeah. Or owls, hawks, fox, coyotes. It's a jungle out there!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Murder most fowl.

Henpecked to death - how many husbands identify with that fox?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    I've watched wild turkeys from a blind - and one the 'leader' goes down from a shot, the other turkeys all attack and peck/stomp the crap outta them. Didn't know the domesticated birds did that, too.
    Humans do it also, witness politics...
    Or a good argument here in the bilge.

[QUOTE=George Jung;5839245]I've watched wild turkeys from a blind - and one the 'leader' goes down from a shot, the other turkeys all attack and peck/stomp the crap outta them. Didn't know the domesticated birds did that, too.

Saw a falcon grab a squirrel in my backyard - and finished it off, on the ground. Very quickly, efficiently. So I'm still impressed by the idea a rooster could handle a hawk, which presumably is a larger bird. I have handled wounded hawks, gingerly, wearing gloves. Cover the head - the beaks, and the claws, are remarkable, and strong.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Once that hawk has landed, he becomes a little clumsy because his weapons are all geared for attacking from the sky against relatively helpless prey. Roosters spend their time on the ground, fighting other roosters.

I think that pound for pound my money's on the rooster.

This reminds me of the thing where the Romans used to pit lions against tigers at the Colosseum. They stopped doing that after awhile, because the tigers ALWAYS won.
    Rattling the teacups.

In the hawk v rooster incident, it should be noted that the hawk was on one of the hens, and the rooster therefore had the element of surprise in his favor.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.