Thread: 2019 Maine Boatbuilder's Show EBS 3/23/19

Default 2019 Maine Boatbuilder's Show EBS 3/23/19

Come one, come all. The MBBS is Friday March 22 - Sunday March 24. The WBForum Elbow Bending Symposium is Saturday night, March 23. Here at our house, just a couple of miles from the Show location. PM me for address and directions. I'll supply dinner, if you feel like bringing something maybe a dessert or your favorite libation.
    Rumor has it some out of town Forumites will be here this year, maybe even some international travelers!
    See you then!

Default Re: 2019 Maine Boatbuilder's Show EBS 3/23/19

Damn. Haven't missed it for years, but I'll be out of town. Your get together is always a highlight of the season.

Hi to your better half!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Finally I can go this year - this will be a great 2019 spring highlight. I have already bought my tickets to Boston - I fly in on Wednesday late afternoon. I get in around 6 pm. Frank FF from Netherlands (he has never been to the states before!) will be joining me on this weekend escape. To do the distance I am going to get an appropriate car - most likely a SUV or a minivan. My plan is to stay in or near Boston on Wednesday night with a visit to the on Thursday morning to the USS Constitution and then begin to head on out. I am hoping we can meet up with Ian on Thursday night. We could go to the Cape cod boat show on Friday morning https://www.woodenboat.com/13th-annu...-show-cape-cod a bit more then continue on to Portland on Friday night for a inner at the Bauers and a followed by brew pub crawl. The next day I plan go to the show and then the Bauer's big fiesta that night. Planning on a leisurely Sunday and more. We will get up early on Monday for the drive back on Monday to catch the flight or train out.

If that sounds like something you would like join in on - let me know. Glad to help put the rolling WBF circus in motion and for the Bauer be so generous in their hospitality. If you want me/us to pick you up along the way - it may be possible as well.

A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man. My feature suggests an excellent side kick of good index.

And this one of Russ, Paul and Mini Ian:

87B18851-E670-4C67-BC56-18C6640BC16F.jpg

Thanks Steven! I almost gave you a shout last Saturday. I'd left the new Hamilton's at just about drink o'clock & was heading home. If it hadn't been for the snow forecast, I would've seen if you guys were up for one.

Next time!

Thank you Steven and Mary. Looking forward to it as usual.

Yahooo.

This is shaping up to be a very good weekend. We will have to appear proper for Frank, a misguided Dutchman who believes we hold secrets of American woodboating. Also those with yankee accents may have to speak slower and anunciate clearly so those with regional dialect differences can understand difference between the slander and jeering. Moreover I will ask that those practiced in epicurian lobstery be prepare to share the melted butter with those less fortunate.

New Englander language primer. https://newengland.com/today/living/...england-slang/

this is going to be one of those events which pulls all of this forum together.

In a post script -
    i am still holding out hope for Paul to come. I’ll burn a candle today for him.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 03-06-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man. My feature suggests an excellent side kick of good index.

Discount offers from Portland Yacht Services ending soon. Better deals than Hamilton's 20% off during the show: https://www.shopportlandyacht.com/?f...OWvkMRqcy_JQWQ

Thanx for the link,just what I need Ted, and looking forward to meet you guys. Frank

I currently have rented a Ford Edge AWD for the weekend so we can roll on in comfort and safety. I have begun creating a road sound track which I will begin to post and ask for suggestions in the bilge. I am planning on getting a cheap cooler to store beverages and favorite road food. a thermos for coffee will also be included. Anyone who joins this merry prankster ride will be provided with good fun and interesting conversation. Let me know if you want to join us. As of now - Frank, Ted and I am hoping Ian - we have room for more. Paul?...

images.jpg
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 03-15-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Car looks Wunderbar! Still snow in Maine?

There is still snow on the ground, we got an inch or two more the other night. But it was 50f today and the sun is getting stronger. Mud season is on its way.

Thanks Steven, I better come with outdoor shoes instead of my elegant Italian loafers.

The forecast looks almost good for the loafers but the outdoor shoes would be smarter, mind not style.

See people there...look fwd to hearing how the mis-scheduled CCBB Show is...now that I can't do it and the MBBS which has been on the same weekend...forever (I'm not bitter)
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

http://tinyurl.com/myboats

Elegant Italian loafers would make you stand out at the Maine Boat Builders Show.

At least those that ride with me will be well dressed.

E5E4B90A-6689-4294-887F-2A174EC7384A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by David Cockey View Post
    Elegant Italian loafers would make you stand out at the Maine Boat Builders Show.
    I see, David, my barber said this morning he'd better give me a 'Republican haircut', so I hope coming to America will go smoothly. When I am in I can adapt further , with the Bilge Rat outfit.

The Maine Boatbuilders Show is the place where we long haired aging hippies celebrate the end of winter. There is no political need for a "Republican haircut", whatever that is.

See you soon however shorn you may be.

Not shorn, trying to be respectable. Sort of. Ideal type of son-in-law. Doing my best to blend in. And at Customs I will have the story ready about my dad living in Detroit in the 20ties, my grandfather working for Ford, met my granny at a big party where she singled him out by wistling very shriekingly on her fingers. She was from Swedish- German stock and has been to the circus of Buffalo Bill, liked catch-as-catch-can fights. Later grandpa decided he couldn't stand the weather in winter so I am dutch. I am almost as 'Murican' as Apfelstrudel but with a passport from a country thats almost as bad as China.
    ps gave up working on my New England accent. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by FF View Post
    I see, David, my barber said this morning he'd better give me a 'Republican haircut', so I hope coming to America will go smoothly. When I am in I can adapt further , with the Bilge Rat outfit.
    I'm currently at a conference (the one that's making me miss the show) with a bunch of Dutch attendees. They're the same mix as usual - all the way from looking like bankers to ponytails. The ponytailed ones are generally more interesting...

So - what exactly is a 'Republican haircut'?

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    I'm currently at a conference (the one that's making me miss the show) with a bunch of Dutch attendees. They're the same mix as usual - all the way from looking like bankers to ponytails. The ponytailed ones are generally more interesting...

So - what exactly is a 'Republican haircut'?
    HA HA need you ask? Just look at Donnie...

Republican haircut: Boring. I am in Amsterdam now with my son the skipper and he googled it. It fits my description.
    Ted, my eta is 14.20 hour. Flight LH 422, when do you arrive, flightnumber? Is there a meeting point? Are other forumites there also, Paul or Ian? Frank

I'll see you guys Thursday on the Cape. Or even Friday.

The Cape show runs on Friday from 1400 to 1900.

Iceboating for the last three days in Maine with more Wednesday. March is great. I'll be hanging at the TSCA table on Saturday probably bring down a SOF for show and tell.
    Ben Fuller
    Ran Tan, Liten Kuhling, Tipsy, Tippy, Josef W., Merry Mouth, Imp, Macavity, Look Far, Flash and a quiver of other 'yaks.
    "Bound fast is boatless man."

En Route from Oakland. I am leaving a day earlier due to bad 737 planes grounded. I have all morning in Boston. USS constitution anyone

I think Frank and I are heading up Tomorrow night to Portland. We have the ford edge, space and I love singalongs!

14D5D918-CDF2-4E65-97E0-E2EC9BC2E2FB.jpg