Thread: Cape Cod Builders Show the same weekend as the Maine Boatbuilders Show? Stupid!!!!!

Default Cape Cod Builders Show the same weekend as the Maine Boatbuilders Show? Stupid!!!!!

I wonder who the genius who thought it was a good idea to hold the Cape Cod Builders Show the same weekend as the Maine Boatbuilders Show? Very unfortunate. Portland Maine is a nice day trip from Boston and the same for Hyannis, but not on the same weekend. Me and my buddies would have attended both shows, spent money, bought tickets, bought food, booze and trinkets from both shows. Now, we’ll probably just go to Portland for the Maine Boatbuilders Show.
    " Be all that you can be"

Default Re: Cape Cod Builders Show the same weekend as the Maine Boatbuilders Show? Stupid!!!

Are you sure. The MBBS is ALWAYS on solstice weekend or right near it. CLearly the Cape Cod guys changed the date because it used to be Feb.

These sort of things do not help us in the industry. We have a hard enough time getting people out!
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

http://tinyurl.com/myboats

Default Re: Cape Cod Builders Show the same weekend as the Maine Boatbuilders Show? Stupid!!!

13th Annual Boatbuilders Show on Cape Cod

Friday, March 22, 2019 to Sunday, March 24, 2019

The show times for the 2019 Maine Boat builders are: Friday March 22, 10-6pm. Saturday March 23, 10-6pm. Sunday March 24, 10-4pm.

The seeds of this unfortunate conflict date back about a year and a half. There are a number of us who are working out how to do both. Friday on the Cape, then to Maine.

Ian, that's a lot of driving for one weekend, driving from Winthrop Mass to Portland Maine and then down to Hyannis on the Cape the next day. The distance to Portland Maine is almost 35 miles longer than driving to Hyannis, but since it's all highway, it's only five minutes longer.

Yeah. Easier for me starting Friday on the Cape and then drive up to Portland early Saturday.

Sometimes you just can't avoid schedule conflicts. When we placed the Maine Small Craft Celebration, we had to coincide with the MOFGA fair up in Unity. But, it is the middle of winter....there are plenty of weekends!
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

For any TSCA members heading to the MBBS if you're willing to man the TSCA/MSCC table for a few hours you can get volunteer passes for the show. Also there is still room for a couple of small owner built boats at the show. Free admission, you just have to be willing to be there to chat about your craft.
    Steve B
    Sjogin IIIa
    PAYTON 13' Pea Pod

RIVUS 16' Melonseed

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White

I don't mind having the two shows on the same weekend, but I'm lucky to have friends to stay with. I'll spend the night with them in Massachusetts, drive down to the Cape for Friday with one or both of the couple, back to their house and up to Portland on Saturday. They may come stay with us on Saturday night then drive or take the bus back on Sunday. It'll be fun and saves two trips for each show.

Quote Originally Posted by rbgarr View Post
    I don't mind having the two shows on the same weekend, but I'm lucky to have friends to stay with. I'll spend the night with them in Massachusetts, drive down to the Cape for Friday with one or both of the couple, back to their house and up to Portland on Saturday. They may come stay with us on Saturday night then drive or take the bus back on Sunday. It'll be fun and saves two trips for each show.
    RB, glad you are going to both! I hope all our prospective customers are too! That is my perspective, everyone needs to think about that. If we are going to keep the small boat market alive we need people and we need them to go to the shows. It seems to me that the Cape Cod guys have to reconsider for next year.

I'd consider coming as an exhibitor if it were in April.
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

If there was a combined-show, discounted admission ticket it might encourage folks to attend both.

Yes, it's very possible to attend both shows in the same weekend, but time wise, not as enjoyable as if they were two or three weeks apart.

Discount offers from Portland Yacht Services ending soon. Better deals than Hamilton's 20% off during the Maine Boatbuilders Show: https://www.shopportlandyacht.com/?f...OWvkMRqcy_JQWQ

I am planning on hitting Cape Cod show on Friday morning and making Portland for a Friday night lobster dinner and beer crawl. Frank will be with me. If anyone wants to join us, I will get a bigger car, Van or SUV.

Could be back to Boston by Sunday night or Monday morning.
    A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man. My feature suggests an excellent side kick of good index.

A plan coming together.