Thread: Is this Oughtread's Acorn?

Default Is this Oughtread's Acorn?

Screenshot_20190227-092255.jpg

It's so beautiful, I want to build it. Thanks.

Default Re: Is this Oughtread's Acorn?

Puffin

I think judging by the centerboard thats an Oughtred Guillemot. Very nice too. Wolstenholme Mallard is similar but a bit beamier/ longer.

The image name is PuffinFrontPic.jpg, so let's assume it is a Puffin.

"The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
    Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.

@Thorne- Thanks. I tried that on my phone but it didn't work, so I assumed it was some sort of hard-coded banner. I think I like the size of the Tammie Norrie better.

Quote Originally Posted by chollapete View Post
    @Thorne- Thanks. I tried that on my phone but it didn't work, so I assumed it was some sort of hard-coded banner. I think I like the size of the Tammie Norrie better.
    It was protected, but I hacked through several layers of html and forwarding to find that image name. When you work in IT, some things become more of a challenge than a request...
    "The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
    Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.

Oughtred changed the names a bit which is really annoying. I built his acorn skiff years ago. Much more slender., Wineglass transom. Whitehall type. A available as 11' or 15' And then there's the more traditional burdensome dinghy, which I think was called an Acorn but he changed that to Puffin. 8' or 11' roughly. I'm building one of those now. Well I started 7 years ago, and have temporarily stopped. But I plan to finish it one day.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Phil Y; 02-28-2019 at 09:12 PM.

The top photo, first photo, in the thread looks slightly more slender in the bow, like an Atkin Vintage - might be a camera angle thing.
    This is an Acorn 10 below, next to a Mirror. Also called a Puffin. The stations can be moved and spread to make a boat from about 7' to 15'
    That blue hulled one above sure looks an Acorn as well. This 10 footer rows great, so I imagine a longer one would row very very well. I wish I had made it longer.

This photo below is from the same trip. Revisiting the photos it looked like such a nice photo that I thought I'd include it for inspiration.

Last edited by southseas; 03-02-2019 at 02:34 AM.