Thread: Snow in Port Townsend

Default Snow in Port Townsend

Some areas of Port Townsend have recieved as much as twenty inches of Snow and more is on the way.
    Jay

Default Re: Snow in Port Townsend

Looks pretty! Enjoy, Jay!

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Greer View Post
    Some areas of Port Townsend have recieved as much as twenty inches of Snow and more is on the way.
    Jay
    Where is your picture taken from? I thought I knew Port Townsend but I'm stumped.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Orr View Post
    Where is your picture taken from? I thought I knew Port Townsend but I'm stumped.

Jamie
    Looks like it is looking straight down Water St from here
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch

Jay,

You and Annie are safe and warm in the Balboa Island house, aren't you?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MN Dave View Post
    Looks like it is looking straight down Water St from here
    Water Street, although I didn't know the name, was my first thought but the far shore looks more built up than I thought it was. The whole thing is incredibly foreshortened, maybe that's why it looks odd. Thanks.

That photo was published yesterday in the PT LEADER on last Wednesday. I think it was taken by a drone almost over C J's fish and chips cafe. In 1990 during the Arctic Freeze Anne and I skied from the top of Morgen Hill down to Water Street and hiked back after lunch at C J's. Being dubbed, "The City of Dreams", fits Port Townsend very well.!
    Jay

Here is another shot that shows much more than the other. It is also from the Leader. The Jefferson County Court House Tower is on the far left. Our friends Brian and Mona Dimic's Light house replica is just to the right of the trees on Washington street. At the top of Washington st. is the P.T. Post office that is still with its Victorian rest rooms. C J's in the center just across from the red motel building. Water St. on the far right. Check out our massive travel lift in the yard at bottom left. Photo compression makes our harbor look much smaller than it really is!
    Jay
    Last edited by Jay Greer; 02-11-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Brian and Mona Dimic have now built a new addition to the light house in the form of a home that complements the original light house. It can be seen to there right rear of the original building. There are five windows facing south.
    Jay