Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing migrant children in "christian" hands

Default Missing migrant children in "christian" hands

[IMc - Another example of the Trump administration's corruption and twisted "christianity".]

Missing Migrant Children Being Funneled Through Christian Adoption Agency
    FEBRUARY 5, 2019
    BY MICHAEL STONE

The Trump administration says it can’t reunite missing migrant children with their families; instead, many of the children are being shipped to a Christian adoption agency with ties to Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

Earlier this week the Trump administration told a federal court that it would require too much effort to reunite migrant children with their parents. Associated Press reports:

The Trump administration says it would require extraordinary effort to reunite what may be thousands of migrant children who have been separated from their parents and, even if it could, the children would likely be emotionally harmed.
    According to the Associated Press report, the Trump administration is also concerned that reunification would “present grave child welfare concerns” because the children would be removed from their “sponsor” homes:

Jonathan White, who leads the Health and Human Services Department’s efforts to reunite migrant children with their parents, said removing children from ‘sponsor’ homes to rejoin their parents ‘would present grave child welfare concerns.’ He said the government should focus on reuniting children currently in its custody, not those who have already been released to sponsor homes.

The entire situation is horrific. Commenting on the horror, and expressing the feelings of many, Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley tweeted: "This is what evil looks like."

As for the fate of the thousands of children the Trump administration does not want to reunite with their parents, Progressive Secular Humanist previously reported that many of the migrant children ruthlessly separated from their family by the Trump administration are being shipped to Bethany Christian Services, a Christian adoption agency with ties to the family of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

Last year Rewire News reported on the condition of some of those children separated from their parents, linking the migrant children to Bethany Christian Services:

Migrant children in Michigan who have been separated from their parents by the Trump administration are attending “a special school” run by Bethany Christian Services, an anti-choice organization with a record of coercive adoption practices that has yet to receive instructions about how to reunify these children with their detained parents.

Fact checking website Snopes confirms the well established links between the DeVos family and Bethany Christian Services:
    The links between the extended DeVos family and Bethany are undeniable. Tax filings archived by ProPublica show that between 2001 and 2015, the Dick and Betsy DeVos Foundation (the philanthropic organization run by DeVos and her husband) gave $343,000 in grants to Bethany Christian Services.

Between 2012 and 2015, Bethany received $750,000 in grants from the Richard and Helen DeVos Foundation, which is run by the Education Secretary’s father-in-law, the billionaire founder of Amway Richard DeVos, and his wife Helen.

Furthermore, Brian DeVos — a cousin of Betsy DeVos’s husband Dick — was the Senior Vice President for Child and Family Services at Bethany as recently as 2015, and Maria DeVos — who is married to Dick DeVos’s brother Doug — has served on the board of Bethany.
    Democratic Underground explains the nefarious methods of the “radical Christian adoption trafficking mill” being run by Bethany Christian Services, noting:

They have no intention of trying to find, much less uniting parents with their children. It’s a radical Christian adoption trafficking mill.
    In fact, there is already in place a huge and thriving business in the trafficking of children via Christian adoption agencies like the DeVos connected Bethany. In her 2013 book, The Child Catchers: Rescue, Trafficking, and the New Gospel of Adoption, Kathryn Joyce documents this alarming trend of conservative Christians adopting children removed from their natural parents via nefarious means to feed the business of Christian adoption and serve the agenda of Christian theocracy.

Bottom line: The Trump administration says it can’t reunite missing migrant children with their families; instead, many of the children are being funneled through Christian adoption trafficking mills like the DeVos connected Bethany Christian Services.

To repeat Senator Merkley: This is what evil looks like.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...2oTX5OI2P1XQ6w

Default Re: Missing migrant children in "christian" hands

Christian (?) version of Boko Haram

Sadly, for many of our conservatives, it's the "Christian" thing to do. Definitely Christian extremists at work here.

Is the fate of Nguyễn Văn Lém too good for these people?
    Rattling the teacups.

Well, there's your human trafficking right there.
    Nosce te ipsum

If true it is state sponsored kidnapping and child trafficking.

However, it is not a new thing https://www.wgbh.org/news/post/force...sed-13-minutes
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

"Too much effort? TOO MUCH EFFORT?" THIS IS UNEFFING UNBELIEVABLE? And SB, RonW and O(whatever) still back this POSPOTUS!
    Last edited by Nicholas Scheuer; 02-09-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    "Too much effort? TOO MUCH EFFORT?" THIS IS UNEFFING UNBELIEVABLE? And SB, RonW and O(whatever) still back this POPSPOTUS!
    Yup, just when the outrage fatigue had beaten a lot of folks into apathetic resignation, this crap pops up.

Between the human trafficking and the tax scam coming to light, we may see impeachment after all!
    Rattling the teacups.

^ Nah. There might be a little bit of traction of the tax scam, but I doubt it, and the people that will care about the children never voted for SFB in the first place. Business as usual.

Big Orange is going to make it to 2020, and he'll run in 2020 too. He might even win. Again.
    Nosce te ipsum

Migod. Migod.

These execrable lumps of "humanity" should be sued till they bleed. Till spent, they stop bleeding.

Cannot express my outrage and disgust strongly enough.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    ^ Nah. There might be a little bit of traction of the tax scam, but I doubt it, and the people that will care about the children never voted for SFB in the first place. Business as usual.

Big Orange is going to make it to 2020, and he'll run in 2020 too. He might even win. Again.
    That's true enough, but there were about 100 million who did not vote last time around.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    That's true enough, but there were about 100 million who did not vote last time around.
    I sincerely hope every last one of them is paying attention.
    Nosce te ipsum

Has everyone forgotten about the enquiries into institutional child abuse in the US?

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...car.2380020412

Can't reunite families?
    They farked it up,they get to fix it.

Ask the kid his name and age and his parents names. Write it down and take a photo.
    Make a public announcement to parents with missing kids to email their names and the names of the kids and a photo if they have one,to a secure website.

Then force some civil servants to match them up.

It cannot be that difficult to match 80- odd % of the kids to parents who are looking for them.
    Non-verbals and kids who don't want to be found are a bit different,but that would be a MUCH smaller problem than adopting them all out to some fundies.
    Sleep with one eye open.

Yup. Then DNA samples should do it for the 20% or so who aren't old enough to speak. The parents know how old their kids were when they were separated
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

This is a clear case of institutional child abuse by the trump administration. All guilty parties should be rounded up and prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Yup. Then DNA samples should do it for the 20% or so who aren't old enough to speak. The parents know how old their kids were when they were separated
    I have a nephew who is working on the China/Mongolian border building a DNA database to match up kidnapped children (mostly girls) recovered by the government with their parents in Mongolia.

I am somewhat speechless.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

I'm ashamed of my country.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I was concerned that this was getting no traction with the likes of the BeeB, so I Googled. Amongst several hits this came up: https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/b...ical-adoptions

I got banned for 90 days for posting that I bet that I wasn't the only one who would be pleased to see a certain thing happen to Trump. No one came to my defense. I bet I'm not the only one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Etheridge View Post
    I got banned for 90 days for posting that I bet that I wasn't the only one who would be pleased to see a certain thing happen to Trump. No one came to my defense. I bet I'm not the only one now.
    It is not just Dolt 45. Remember "Obeying orders" is no defence if the orders are illegal. This corruption is carried out by "ordinary" American public servants. Employees like any other US wage earner.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    It is not just Dolt 45. Remember "Obeying orders" is no defence if the orders are illegal. This corruption is carried out by "ordinary" American public servants. Employees like any other US wage earner.
    No argument - but I have to wonder just how many were aware of the plan?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    No argument - but I have to wonder just how many were aware of the plan?
    Could it be a different problem? Not lack of awareness. Sandy Hook and this could be an indication that the average US citizen simply could not give a damn about other peoples children?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Could it be a different problem? Not lack of awareness. Sandy Hook and this could be an indication that the average US citizen simply could not give a damn about other peoples children?
    At it again, are we?
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    At it again, are we?
    How do you explain it then? Got a better idea?

I have an opinion, based on 22 years working in child protective services, foster care, juvenile justice, and child psychiatric care: The government's practices are harmful to children, and violate a law that is only a year old.

So, if the government is bringing these cases to court, and placing them for adoption, the kids are not really missing...."Too much effort" to reunite the families the government has torn asunder. The government is not meeting the standard of "reasonable efforts to prevent removal" and "reasonable efforts" to achieve the priority goal of foster care planning, which is return home.... They are violating a law Trump just signed a year ago....https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...now-it....This makes me puke.
    "George Washington as a boy
    was ignorant of the commonest
    accomplishments of youth.
    He could not even lie."

-- Mark Twain

This is truly vile behavior. I wonder how much of it is a result of right-wing Evangelical desires to "save" heathen babies.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    This is truly vile behavior. I wonder how much of it is a result of right-wing Evangelical desires to "save" heathen babies.

Tom
    These kids would all be Catholic...does that count as heathen?
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    These kids would all be Catholic...does that count as heathen?
    For Evangelicals, it most certainly does! The pope IS the Antichrist, after all.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

And the excuse for this horror? It would be too much work and cost a great deal. To make matters even worse, the number of children is vastly greater than previously reported by the .

What a vile pile of steaming chit. All while Trump's minions and idiot followers are busy pointing fingers and celebrating over the state of the union speech and pointing fingers at Northam.

Lee Gelernt, the lead attorney representing families separated under zero tolerance and deputy director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, said, "This policy was a cruel disaster from the start. This report reaffirms that the government never had a clear picture of how many children it ripped from their parents. We will be back in court over this latest revelation."

America's new conservatism, the "gift" that never stops taking.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

I plan to live another 50 years. I won't forget this, or the people who cheered while it happened.

Betsy was raised in the Christian Reformed Church which gained infamy with its Indian Schools in Navajo country. Cut hair, speak english, worship christ. Turn them into citizens. Most ended up as servants and farm laborers.
    "Many a time freedom has been rolled back - and always for the same sorry reason: fear." - Molly Ivins

Time for some enterprising soul to corner the market in pitchforks, that's what time it is!

RIPPiN' RATFREAKERS, BATMAN!!!
    Rattling the teacups.

^^ and for all of christianities claims of love for its fellow man and following a gawd of love, servants and laborers for the privileged is why it exists.