Thread: Sunset on the Georgia marsh

Post Sunset on the Georgia marsh

I was on the coast with friends a couple of weeks ago .It was clear and cool :a nice weather window . Two days later it was blowing 30 knts from the North and I was back in Atlanta. .

There's clay under the mud which shows at low tide where bluffs are eroded .That or something else creates a bit of an oily sheen on the surface deep in the marsh . When it's mirror smooth like this the passage of the boat at low speed seems to stretch and distort that mirror rather than forming a typical bow wave .Looking forward in these conditions it's like you're cutting through an immense and exquisite watercolor painting of clouds and sky .

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Sunset on the Georgia marsh

Nice!
    "The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
    Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.

Great! I've sailed the Georgia coast and love it.

Beautiful!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Very nice, thanks for that! I once photographed a sunset over water every 2 minutes for almost an hour with the amazing subtle color changes each image. My grandpa called them Sky Pink Waters, a take-off from the old Hamms beer commercial:"from the land of sky blue waters". Sunsets can be magnificent in winter as well but now that February is here I'm ready for winter to be ending. First another 8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow to add to yesterday's 8 inches then back into the well below zero deep freeze again.

Bruce

Great photos. We lived in Savannah for twenty years and really enjoyed the creeks and marshes like that. Spending the night with the kids in our open motor boat under the stars listening to dolphins blowing all around and then the warm sun breaking was simple magic.