Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 67

Thread: Insanity of the NRA

Default Re: Insanity of the NRA

Climate change will see to that BS, but in the meantime will the US disintegrate in actuality if not in name?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    I don't know, man. I go to this gym, it's loaded with young, yoked-up dudes, inked and very right wing, if their T shirts are any measure. There are tons of them, all of them with a very big chip on their shoulder, all of them pro-gun. There is a definite air of activism about them. They're "woke."

I get the idea you have no exposure to young people like this.
    Bloody hell Mate, When the highly trained men in their Black Nomex suits coming bursting through the door and double tap the first armed "Inked up Gym junkie" the rest will urinate down their trousers and beg to be spared. It takes a special type to be able to challenge and then fight against trained men. they will say anything, do anything, give up their mothers for torture just so they can survive.

You are vocalising your fantasies S.B.

Where is the control, the planning, the logistics, both material and personell. Where is the transport, the heavy weapons, the air superiority. The state will have these elements and they will be ruthless in their application.

Remeber, We have a memeber who could give you chapter and verse on the capabilty of the Apache attack helicopter in the supressing of urban revolt. reduce a suburban block to a sterile wasteland in a single pass.

We won't talk about the armour capabilites of a bradley in the hands of a pissed off marine, or an M1 in the hands off a pissed off soldier.

I can see it, your gym member hiding behind a fence with his semi-auto 5.56 SKS knock-off an down the street comes a Humm-Vee with a 20mm six barrell gatling gun locked and loaded..... with a soldier who has been trainimng for a year just itching to pull the trigger.

Lordy..lordy, I need to go put on some popcorn, this is gonna be fun

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBarney View Post
    Bloody hell Mate, When the highly trained men in their Black Nomex suits coming bursting through the door and double tap the first armed "Inked up Gym junkie" the rest will urinate down their trousers and beg to be spared.
    If the junkies are veterans and the guys in the suits are junkies in training, well, there's you're well-regulated militia, in the words of our Constitution.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Can't fight destiny!
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey

Destiny who?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Destiny? Lovely woman…………….

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Destiny who?
    Oops. Supposed to be a reply to:

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    I believe our decline has taken us into a form of interregnum in precipitation of the next great civilizational catastrophe. The NRA advertisement is but a symptom, a signpost along the way.
    The picture of Destiny makes it all worthwhile, though. Thanks, Skuthorp.

remember, this has happened before. General McArthur made short work of the WW 1 vets known as the "bonus army". These were military vets, trained and strong, routed by the Military under General McArthur when they camped on DC demanding money during the depression.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.55394972895c
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Chris249 View Post
    Please stop lying. No one was salivating. It was a simple point about the fact that the armed forces have firepower on their side.

Why do you have to lie in such an obvious way? Anyone who reads the post you were referring to in an objective manner will see that you're a liar. How does it help your cause to lie in such an obvious way?
    Because he is conforming to his Dear Leader's Mendacity
    Last edited by Art Haberland; 02-07-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: I hate typos!
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Needs a poll - and ol’ Ron needs a prod.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris249 View Post
    Are you careless, or a liar? None of those reports says that they have "hundreds of millions in off shore accounts."

One of them claims $69 million is offshore. Others only have the detail of a few million in offshore accounts,but nothing like "hundreds of millions". Several, perhaps most, of the links are merely repeats.

Given that you either careless about the truth or dishonest, why should we believe the other things you say?

So which is it - did you lie, or are you careless?
    Perhaps because the SCOTUS says political lying is OK, RonW could not care less about lies? After all his POTUS does it daily.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Hey Brian. I've been thinking about my comments and I think I've been a little harsh. I apologize. Your friendship matters. Hope you understand.
    It's a subject you felt important, it's okay to be committed.

Look forward to bending an elbow with you and Lindy again in the future!
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

John Dingell just died.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-rep...023008641.html

One of the last pro-gun, liberal democrats. Sat on the NRA board for a number of years, rated A+ in their election guide. Today, the NRA wouldn't let him in the door, though his views on guns hadn't changed. He would be too liberal on social issues. And a Democrat.

From wiki:

Dingell was generally classified as a moderately liberal member of the Democratic Party[27] and throughout his career he was a leading Congressional supporter of organized labor, social welfare measures and traditional progressive policies. At the beginning of every Congress, Dingell introduced a bill providing for a national health insurance system, the same bill that his father proposed while he was in Congress. Dingell also strongly supported Bill Clinton's managed-care proposal early in his administration.[27] In October 1998, President Clinton began a Roosevelt Room appearance "by thanking Senator Rockefeller and Congressman Dingell for their steadfast support of Medicare and their participation in our Medicare Commission."[28]
    On some issues, though, he reflected the values of his largely Catholic and working-class district. He supported the Vietnam War until 1971.[29] While he supported all of the civil rights bills, he opposed expanding school desegregation to Detroit suburbs via mandatory busing.[30] He took a fairly moderate position on abortion.[31] He worked to balance clean air legislation with the need to protect manufacturing jobs.[32]
    An avid sportsman and hunter, he strongly opposed gun control, and was a former board member of the National Rifle Association.[33] For many years, Dingell received an A+ rating from the NRA.[33] Dingell helped make firearms exempt from the 1972 Consumer Product Safety Act so that the Consumer Product Safety Commission had no authority to recall defective guns. Dingell's wife, Representative Debbie Dingell, introduced legislation in 2018 to remove this exemption from the law.[34]

Dingell in the 1990s

Michael Barone wrote of Dingell in 2002:
    There is something grand about the range of Dingell's experience and about his adherence to his philosophy over a very long career. He is an old-fashioned social Democrat who knows that most voters don't agree with his goals of a single-payer national health insurance plan but presses forward toward that goal as far as he can." 'It's hard to believe that there was once no Social Security or Medicare', he says. 'The Dingell family helped change that. My father worked on Social Security and for national health insurance, and I sat in the chair and presided over the House as Medicare passed (in 1965). I went with Lyndon Johnson for the signing of Medicare at the Harry S. Truman Library, and I have successfully fought efforts to privatize Social Security and Medicare'. Whether you agree or disagree, the social Democratic tradition is one of the great traditions in our history, and John Dingell has fought for it for a very long time.[21]
    On December 15, 2005, on the floor of the House, Dingell read a poem sharply critical of, among other things, Fox News, Bill O'Reilly and the so-called "War on Christmas".[35]
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...596.pdf#page=3

(text of poem in bottom middle column)
    Last edited by Bob (oh, THAT Bob); 02-07-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

By the way, the NRA leadership isn't insane, it's corrupt. An NRA member said that.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Those who worship Trumpian Autocracy do not have standing to use the phrase 'authority lovers' as an insult.
    Nor do they have the right to complain about overseas investments.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Something I've learned from this thread is that if you want to see your topic go over ten pages, speak the truth about the NRA. The Red bulls give it wings.

Donn, how nice to see you in top form on my thread.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Cool, Brian.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

So about this imminent civil war thing.

Pending the delicious glory of revenge carnage that madmen fantasize about, the U.S. already leads the world in gun deaths.

Does that bother anyone, or is that just the price of Second Amendment freedoms? Or is it just good guys with guns mowing down bad guys with guns? Or do we just not care at all?

The NRA says the answer is to arm everyone. We seem to be moving in that direction. When should we expect to see a reduction in gun deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by c. Ross View Post
    so about this imminent civil war thing.

Pending the delicious glory of revenge carnage that madmen fantasize about, the u.s. Already leads the world in gun deaths.

Does that bother anyone, or is that just the price of second amendment freedoms? Or is it just good guys with guns mowing down bad guys with guns? Or do we just not care at all?

The nra says the answer is to arm everyone. We seem to be moving in that direction. When should we expect to see a reduction in gun deaths?

usa! Usa! Usa!

And what shall we make of this, a fully legal conceal and carry handgun owner who murders a school bus driver in a road rage incident?

Minnesota DOT releases video of school bus driver getting shot in head: report - Fox News https://apple.news/Adv8Gk2AZQW2961hvACrvnw

A Muslim person with a gun is a terrorist who deserves to die. A brown person with a gun is a gangbanger who deserves to die. A white male mass shooter is mentally ill. What about a white guy with road rage?

Wow- is he one of those jacked up Proud Boy gym rats with a MAGA hat? Is this the “shot heard round the world” in the much dreamed about Trump-inspired civil war we’ve read about here?

Or were we just missing a good guy with a gun? Would it have been better if another driver pulled over and opened fire? Or maybe two or three?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    Or were we just missing a good guy with a gun? Would it have been better if another driver pulled over and opened fire? Or maybe two or three?
    clearly all school bus drivers should be armed

a riot pump and an ar in a rack should be standardized equipment on all public school buses

VP248_330_1.JPG
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    clearly all school bus drivers should be armed

a riot pump and an ar in a rack should be standardized equipment on all public school buses

VP248_330_1.JPG
    Wouldnt a gunner on top with a 50 cal be better? The gunner would have a clear line of sight to front, rear and sides.

Only if the school bus drivers are white, Paul.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I see that he was a security guard in uniform but scanning all of the news stories I can find no mention of his being licensed to conceal carry. Do you have a source?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    And what shall we make of this, a fully legal conceal and carry handgun owner who murders a school bus driver in a road rage incident?

Minnesota DOT releases video of school bus driver getting shot in head: report - Fox News https://apple.news/Adv8Gk2AZQW2961hvACrvnw

A Muslim person with a gun is a terrorist who deserves to die. A brown person with a gun is a gangbanger who deserves to die. A white male mass shooter is mentally ill. What about a white guy with road rage?

Wow- is he one of those jacked up Proud Boy gym rats with a MAGA hat? Is this the “shot heard round the world” in the much dreamed about Trump-inspired civil war we’ve read about here?

The best helping hand you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Only if the school bus drivers are white, Paul.
    Not sure, but that sure sounds like a racist claim to me. Why do liberals and dems always have to make everything out to be racist.?

I think the southern democrat party is regretting their wild racist labelling with quite a bit of blowback being exposed upon none other then themselves.

Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.