Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: De Blasio?

Default Re: De Blasio?

Well, Ann and I went to Amy Klobuchar's rally today when she announced she was running. Very, very Minnesota - outside, fifteen degrees and snowing hard, and a pretty big and very enthusiastic crowd. I think the plan was to have downtown Minneapolis in the background, but the snow was too heavy. I don't know whether she'd be the best candidate, but she's pretty good. She gave an impressive speech, progressive but very practical, maybe could use a little more Obama-style eloquence and fire.

I particularly liked this sign, in among a bunch saying 'Amy For America'.

Last edited by Keith Wilson; 02-10-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    Bingo. They are simply the 'sane', less hateful conservatives - still supporting the investor class and dropping peanuts to the working.

HRC infamously said "We can't afford to pay them $15"...
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Just FYI, Durnik didn't mention anything about Hillary or Bernie. You are seeing things that haven't happened.

Tom

If you want to tell me I'm delusional, you should feel free to start a thread about that.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    If you want to tell me I'm delusional, you should feel free to start a thread about that.

here's your post.

Originally Posted by Durnik

'vaguely..'

Fearful of losing votes?, they ran from President Obama. If they'd had his back, McConnell likely wouldn't have gotten away with threatening and burying the FBI info on iDJT.. and we'd not be in this situation. I wonder if people choose to not think that at least some Dems in Congress had the same info McConnell (& President Obama) had.

and very decidedly..
    If you want to b!t8 about Hillary/Bernie/Trump/Bogey-man-of-the-moment, please find the Bernie VS The World Thread.

Thank you.

What do you think of Andrew Yang?
    now can we stop the b.s.?

Bingo. They are simply the 'sane', less hateful conservatives - still supporting the investor class and dropping peanuts to the working.

HRC infamously said "We can't afford to pay them $15"...

Here's your post.

Rattling the teacups.

I was wrong--he did mention her. I'm not intending to annoy anyone or hijack the thread, or call anyone delusional. I was just wrong.

But I think the larger issue (Democrats not representing the progressive voter well) bears directly on the topic of this thread. Andrew Yang's platform looks good from my first readings.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

The basic universal income probably won't fly, politically, but I'm glad he's bringing it up.
    Rattling the teacups.

The basic universal income probably won't fly, politically, but I'm glad he's bringing it up.

Why not? That was a plank in Richard Nixon 1968 campaign that got him elected president.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

I agree. If universal health care will be an uphill battle, UBI is even more so. But as you say, it pushes the conversation toward the progressive side even if it doesn't happen.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Why not? That was a plank in Richard Nixon 1968 campaign that got him elected president.
    Too bad he didn't run on Universal Health Care.
    Rattling the teacups.

Your government has a debt in excess of $22 trillion , a sum that that can never be repaid as the US will can never grow fast enough in the economy to pay it off, let alone keep up with interest payments.

Where is the money coming from to pay for all the free stuff?

Finland has just finished its 2 year experiment with Universal Basic Income. Those suggesting it, should ask why Finland wont be rolling it out.

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    Your government has a debt in excess of $22 trillion , a sum that that can never be repaid as the US will can never grow fast enough in the economy to pay it off, let alone keep up with interest payments.

Where is the money coming from to pay for all the free stuff?

Finland has just finished its 2 year experiment with Universal Basic Income. Those suggesting it, should ask why Finland wont be rolling it out.
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...93#post5810893
    Last edited by oznabrag; 02-11-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    Rattling the teacups.

By the time Mueller has finished stripping the assets from all the people who have been in league with Vlad, we won't have any problem.
    Still delusional i see. Try taking a reality check. Not even Trump mentioned the debt in his SOTU address, have any of your "ideal replacements" come up with a plan to deal with it? Everything else is distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    Still delusional i see. Try taking a reality check. Not even Trump mentioned the debt in his SOTU address, have any of your "ideal replacements" come up with a plan to deal with it? Everything else is distraction.
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...93#post5810893
    Rattling the teacups.

Oh, come now. Deficits? Really? The Republican party's first and almost only consistent legislative priority for the last 30 years at least has been 'lower taxes for the wealthy' , and just about the only significant thing they've done during the Trump administration has been to increasethe deficit by passing an enormous debt-financed tax cut for the rich. The first thing we have to do is get Republicans out of power, then we can deal with the deficit like rational human beings, which will likely include raising taxes.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

BWHAHAHA.....

Ozna says "Mueller has already run his investigation in such a way that costs to date are half the money he has recovered from those who have conspired to defraud the United States.

The interesting thing about these charges is that one is just as guilty whether one was a witting or an unwitting participant in that conspiracy.

One may assert with a good deal of confidence that the wave of retiring 'Republican' Congresspersons in the runup to the midterms were motivated by a desire to stay out of prison.

As this house of cards collapses, those who defrauded Russia of all Her wealth, and proceeded to attempt to so defraud the US, will be stripped of everything they have stolen.

Because the fraud has so permeated the 'Republican' Party, not to mention Righties worldwide, the fines and penalties are going to total in the trillions.

No more deficit, no more debt.

No more Russian trolls."

Only in your wildest fantasies.......

Rattling the teacups.

Here's your post.

when you quoted my first, you responded.. you quoted a different one when you 'lashed out'.. one would almost imagine the quoting was meant to be illustrative.

Franken, eh? Indies will go for him.. but 'liberal' women (& some men) who don't research - but simply nod their heads to 'the news' - might balk..

still, if anyone can tear iDJT a new one.. _and_ be a good choice policy and administratively wise, Al's it.

. . . the quoting was meant to be illustrative.

Franken, eh? Indies will go for him.. but 'liberal' women (& some men) who don't research - but simply nod their heads to 'the news' - might balk..

still, if anyone can tear iDJT a new one.. _and_ be a good choice policy and administratively wise, Al's it.
    Franken got partially swiftboated, as you know.

I agree with him that his duty to the dignity of The Senate was to resign in the face of even the appearance of impropriety.
    Rattling the teacups.

Senate Intel Committee just reported "no collusion" on CBS...... trying to break it to you gently Ozna.....

De Blasio is a horse's ***

Thanks for sharing.

DeBlasio is doing beautifully.

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

DeBlasio is doing beautifully.

Meh.

About a 40 percent approval rating.

https://poll.qu.edu/

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Oh, I'm just yanking SB's chain. In fact, his post #125 somewhat improves my opinion of Mr DeBlasio, although anyone who posts 'Trump is doing beautifully' about twice a day is probably not a very good judge.

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    De Blasio is a horse's ***
    So THAT is where you emerged from!
    Rattling the teacups.