Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: De Blasio?

Default Re: De Blasio?

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    On to the ignore list with you.
    I wouldn't. Tom has some interesting things to say, and he's no kind of a wacko, very far from it in fact..
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe;5804914
    [B
    Deblasio goes nowhere beyond the boroughs.[/B] West coast has thier own Californian versions of faux progressives viable enough to suck the oxygen out of any serious and expensive progressive agenda Deblasio offers.
    OK, so no de Blasio for you, and no Harris, either.

Castro was the youngest mayor of S'antonio, and served three (?) terms.

I heard his announcement on NPR the other day, and was immediately convinced he will not win.

In fact, I really don't give a rip who beats the spit out of the Trumpian Morons, just so long as they are relatively sane, intelligent, and committed to working to restore our tattered democracy after the ravages of 40 years of 'Republican' sedition.

Once again, de Blasio is the only one I have seen so far that looks like he can carry the ball for the win.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I wouldn't. Tom has some interesting things to say, and he's no kind of a wacko, very far from it in fact..
    He needs to take his issues elsewhere.
    Rattling the teacups.

On to the ignore list with you.
    Huh? He said "It's nice to see some common ground". What's your problem with that?

I'm cornfused.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

He needs to take his issues elsewhere.
    Yeah, but one might say that about most of us.

In fact, I really don't give a rip who beats the spit out of the Trumpian Morons, just so long as they are relatively sane, intelligent, and committed to working to restore our tattered democracy . . .
    Exactly. I agree 100%; any one of 'em would be so much of an improvement that the distinctions between them are utterly insignificant.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Huh? He said "It's nice to see some common ground". What's your problem with that?

I'm cornfused.
    I don't HAVE a problem with that.

If he wants to go on about 'she who must not be named', he can do it here: http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...e-VS-The-World.

I started this thread to explore the idea that it will take a particular personality to gain the White House, for the Ds.

So far, the only one I have seen who has a shot is de Blasio.

Who do YOU think can carry the ball?
    Rattling the teacups.

The scarce commentary on the thread subject is most revealing.
    Rattling the teacups.

I second the Blasio.

He was totaly convincing on the Bill Maher show.
    Don't worry I'm happy

"The law is what we have to live with.
    Justice is sometimes harder to achieve."

Sherlock Holmes

One might keep an eye on what Gov. Gavin Newsom of California does, too.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    One might keep an eye on what Gov. Gavin Newsom of California does, too.
    Excellent!

Can you post a clip of Newsom pitching the Progressive agenda?

Thanks.
    Rattling the teacups.

While I think DeBlasio would be OK (even if he does eat pizza with a fork ) - I am another one who doesn't see him getting support beyond NYC or maybe the tri-state area. Especially after this last New Yorker.

Especially after this last New Yorker.
    this one?

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

While I think DeBlasio would be OK (even if he does eat pizza with a fork ) - I am another one who doesn't see him getting support beyond NYC or maybe the tri-state area. Especially after this last New Yorker.
    Oh, Dear God!

Rattling the teacups.

Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    this one?
    You sir, are a troublemaker. However the lady in your post spent her early years in Chicago & is a transplant New Yorker.

Excellent!

Can you post a clip of Newsom pitching the Progressive agenda?

Thanks.
    Wait till he starts. He will move center. He has homeless initiatives. How he handles the PG&E bankruptcy will be his defining political moment up to date.
    i am just a clown and the world is a joke.

Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Wait till he starts. He will move center. He has homeless initiatives. How he handles the PG&E bankruptcy will be his defining political moment up to date.
    Please post a clip of Newsom pitching the Progressive agenda.

That way 'when he starts' I'll have a point of reference.

Thanks!
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Where should I start?

https://www.google.com/search?client...ressive+agenda.
    Rattling the teacups.

Nobody here should take credit for being anywhere first. I don't want to be 'welcomed aboard' a ship I'm already crewing. I think that's not a winning attitude. We need cohesion coupled with the free and open exchange of ideas and that is all we need right now.

It doesn't mean spit to me who is more or less progressive than I am or even if the person anointed is my ideal candidate as long as they bring integrity, education, experience and ability to the game. I want to elect a decent Democrat to the position, and to every position. Nobody is that pure that they won't anger somebody already posting to this thread.

But I don't care about pure. I want decent and competent and an end to the current nightmare.
    Last edited by Lew Barrett; 02-05-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    But I don't care about pure. I want decent and competent and an end to the current nightmare.
    You won't get much disagreement from any of us, I think.

Richard Feynman

Certainly not from me! Oz may have purity requirements though.

So, given the theoretical choice between Blasi/Casi 2020, and Putin/Trump 2020, you'd be a Blasier.

See what I mean?

The idea that we could run any competent small-town Mayor, and beat the spit outta Mr. 30% leaves a lot of questions to answer.

Seriously, Keith. What percentage of likely voters would vote for a ham sandwich over Treason Boy?
    Rattling the teacups.

Certainly not from me! Oz may have purity requirements though.
    I'm pretty omnivorous, actually.
    Rattling the teacups.

Oh . . . is this all? . . . pfft, I'll see myself out.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Newsom speech to the California Teachers association.

He has the wife and family that would appeal to white male voters too. He would already get the women's vote based on Hollywood looks.

i am just a clown and the world is a joke.

Nobody here should take credit for being anywhere first. I don't want to be 'welcomed aboard' a ship I'm already crewing.
    You're right, Lew. But that bit of snark about "welcome aboard" was directed at oznabrag, not you, and was, I think, more than earned by his attacks of similar arguments on previous threads, and now his sudden posting of a thread promoting the very ideas he was attacking before when Garret, McMike, and I were the ones posting them.

My comment about being glad to find some common ground was, and remains, sincere. I've posted consistently that I think running a candidate with a progressive agenda would be a smart strategic move for 2020. It now appears that oznabrag agrees. I think that's great.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    You're right, Lew. But that bit of snark about "welcome aboard" was directed at oznabrag, not you, and was, I think, more than earned by his attacks of similar arguments on previous threads, and now his sudden posting of a thread promoting the very ideas he was attacking before when Garret, McMike, and I were the ones posting them.

My comment about being glad to find some common ground was, and remains, sincere. I've posted consistently that I think running a candidate with a progressive agenda would be a smart strategic move for 2020. It now appears that oznabrag agrees. I think that's great.

Tom
    An unfortunate exchange on this thread prompted my reply.

We all hope to avoid a repeat of 2016, a year of significant mistakes and setbacks for our agenda. We should recognize that we're in the same boat but arrived by different paths, at different times, from different directions. We need to be what the forces of regression are not: thoughtful, considerate, informed, willing to hear others, flexible enough to consider alternative views, strong and smart enough to advance our agendas without acrimony towards our allies. We need to be united. I have every confidence in your decency and judgment just as I do in John's. I read your comments and contributions and mull them over just as I do his, frequently agreeing, rarely if ever angered by them.

I believe this is THE season in which we must unify or we can be assured that we will be torn apart to suffer alone.

I didn't take your comment personally since I know we agree on so many things. I did think you retracted the olive branch just as you were extending it. We're all rubbed raw by the vitriol we sense daily. But what matters is that we are united, that we are not the ones to pay disingenuous lip spittle to unity as Trump did last night. We have a common foe to defeat at the polls. I'm cool with any number of outcomes as we go forward while we manage that.
    Last edited by Lew Barrett; 02-06-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

An unfortunate exchange on this thread prompted my reply.

We all hope to avoid a repeat of 2016. We can recognize that we're in the same boat but arrived by different paths, at different times, from different directions. We need to be what the forces of regression are not: thoughtful, considerate, informed, willing to hear others, flexible enough to consider alternative views, strong and smart enough to advance our agendas without acrimony towards our allies. We need to be united. I have every confidence in your decency and judgment just as I do in John's. I read your comments and contributions and mull them over just as I do his, frequently agreeing, rarely if ever angered by them.

I believe this is THE season in which we must unify or we can be assured that we will torn apart to suffer alone.

I didn't take your comment personally since I know we agree on so many things. I did think you retracted the olive branch just as you were extending it. We're all rubbed raw by the vitriol we sense daily. But what matters is that we are united, that we are not the ones to pay disingenuous lip spittle to unity as Trump did last night. We have a common foe to defeat at the polls. I'm cool with any number of outcomes as we manage that.
    I agree with you Lew, but there are some of us who need to remember that attacking fellow travelers is not the best way to ditch Trump.

I agree with you Lew, but there are some of us who need to remember that attacking fellow travelers is not the best way to ditch Trump.
    You should be aware that there is a thread about Bernie VS the World that was specifically opened to make a place for such talk.
    Rattling the teacups.

No thanks to another New Yorker.

Hickenlooper/Harris.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

You should be aware that there is a thread about Bernie VS the World that was specifically opened to make a place for such talk.
    And you should be aware that I was speaking of you. Why do you insist on arguing with & attacking people who agree with you on 99% of the issues facing us today?

Never mind, I'll just shut up.

I've had the pleasure of meeting you, Tom and Oz in person. We're far more unified in our views of how things should be than one would surmise from recent discussions here.

I've had the pleasure of meeting you, Tom and Oz in person. We're far more unified in our views of how things should be than one would surmise from recent discussions here.
    Absolutely! That's what's so disappointing.

And you should be aware that I was speaking of you. Why do you insist on arguing with & attacking people who agree with you on 99% of the issues facing us today?

Never mind, I'll just shut up.
    Rather than 'just shut up', how about you name the potential candidate for 2020 who you think can carry that ball into the end zone, which is the topic of this thread?
    Rattling the teacups.