Thread: EZPoxy w/ performance enhancer

Default EZPoxy w/ performance enhancer

How have users found EZPoxy to hold up with the enhancer vs. without?

I suppose this is a cross linker additive. Certainly would not hurt.

Trying to decide Interlux vs Pettit vs Epifanes. Tried them all except for Epifanes mono-u.
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

http://tinyurl.com/myboats

Default Re: EZPoxy w/ performance enhancer

EZpoxy is my go to finish. Ive never used the enhancer but have always been happy with the end product. Its durable, it looks good, easy to apply...
    My only beef is that it takes a while to fully cure but once cured its a great finish.

willin-
    thanks, I've liked it a bunch, too, even though they discontinued my fav. colors, teal blue and brightwork brown.
    It will be interesting to see if the enhancer works...if it is a true crosslinker than it certainly won't hurt.
    BTW, I am from Monroe originally. KNow it?
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

Downingtown Pa (S/V Andantino down in Rock Hall, Md)

I have used ezpoxy for about 20 years and used the performance enhancer for the first time on my Cape Dory 30 last spring. Here are my observations:

1) It does accelerate the set up time.
    2) The finished film is harder than the plain ezpoxy, but not a whole lot harder.
    3) After one year, I notice a slight difference in reduction of fading.... but I think I will have a better idea after several years.

The boat is kept in Rock Hall, Md
    There is a joy in madness, that only mad men know. -Nieztsche

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton B Chase View Post
    willin-
    thanks, I've liked it a bunch, too, even though they discontinued my fav. colors, teal blue and brightwork brown.
    It will be interesting to see if the enhancer works...if it is a true crosslinker than it certainly won't hurt.
    Just have to say that I used to go out with a gal from Stevenson (we lived in Westport at the time).

That being said, I'm a Brightsides user & can't answer your question.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton B Chase View Post
    willin-
    Yup. Lived in Newtown for 15 years. Too far from salt water though. Had to move closer to The Sound....

In my younger days I used to go crazy trying to get the perfect paint finish with the hardest two part paint. I used Devoe's Devran 229h for a while, then tried some Interlux Perfection. They were hard finishes, but I soon came to realize that no matter what I used, I needed to touch up the inevitable scratches and scuffs from docks, anchors, moor-ups, and the occasional rocks. Besides the issue of guessing exactly how much paint to catalyze for the job at hand, I realized trying to mix a couple ounces of 229h at the 9:1 ratio of paint to hardener was foolish. Now I use Petit Easypoxy almost exclusively, and in November when I de-commission the boat, I dip a brush in a can of paint and do my touch-ups. That being said, for the initial paint job on a boat I would probably use the enhancer IF you can touch up that paint job with un-enhanced paint. Let us know how it goes, Clint.
    Last edited by jim shula; 02-01-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: context

Jim, thanks for your thoughts. What I like about the EZ-poxy system is that the enhancer additive is optional. So you can do touch up with or without it.

I liked the System Three paints a lot....water based and 2 part using a cross linker. But they paint it tricky to use in a dry environment, like a shop in winter that is heated with a heat pump system!

I'll do a little test and report back out.
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine