Thread: Gaps in your WB collection?

Default Gaps in your WB collection?

I have spare copies of WB from number 64 to 241. Not every issue, there are gaps, but if you need any or all... Pickup in Essex VT. Free of course.

Default Re: Gaps in your WB collection?

Where'd you get those Grant?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Where'd you get those Grant?
    These WB mags are from my friend Garret plus a few duplicates that I had. From the original batch that Garret passed on to me I was able to fill in at least 20 that I was missing. I also found an issue that featured Geoff Kerr's Caledonia Yawl which I will drop off at his shop in case he would like to have an extra copy. BTW Garret gave me these months ago and yesterday I finally went through them.... at SWMBO's insistence.
    Thanks Garret, and I hope someone will find the remainder (50 or more) useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldad View Post
    These WB mags are from my friend Garret plus a few duplicates that I had. From the original batch that Garret passed on to me I was able to fill in at least 20 that I was missing. I also found an issue that featured Geoff Kerr's Caledonia Yawl which I will drop off at his shop in case he would like to have an extra copy. BTW Garret gave me these months ago and yesterday I finally went through them.... at SWMBO's insistence.
    Thanks Garret, and I hope someone will find the remainder (50 or more) useful.
    Why do you think they went to your house?

Glad you filled some gaps, please say hi to Geoff for me, & I hope some one can use 'em!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I have a collection going back about 35 years. Not sure why I still have them, but can't seem to give them away....
    Elect a clown expect a circus

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I have a collection going back about 35 years. Not sure why I still have them, but can't seem to give them away....
    The best reason why I like my nearly complete set, starting with No. 1, is the ability to pull an issue out of the file and read up on another builders experience. For example, when I built my version of Ninegret the collection was invaluable.

It's really something to own and reread all those issues from time to time. It makes me feel so fortunate to have lived my adult life (I was 22 in 1974 when the first issue was published) during this era of wooden boat revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post

I will drive to your house and load them up myself if you want them gone. I've got about 1/2 of the collection.
    There's the plan, then there's what actually happens.

Ben Sebens, RN

15' Welsford Navigator Inconceivable
    16' W. Simmons Mattinicus double ender ​Matty

Ben, I am re reading them currently. Once I am done I will let you know if I want to part with them
    Elect a clown expect a circus

I'm still looking for about 4 or 5 of the earlier ones. Like 2-8 (some not all of those) and 33 or something. Anybody got some of the early one? I'd pay for shipping as well as the magazines. Been trying to round out my collection for years now.
    If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
    -Henry David Thoreau-

My collection was spotty, especially the earliest copies and then I saw an ad on Craigslist. A man in Maine had purchased a house on the coast and with it came a complete collection up to the late 1990s. He wanted a dollar for each issue. Drove to Maine, got the mags, had a delightful visit on the coast and when I got home began to patiently go through each one, putting them in order. The man who originally owned them died 9 11 when the plane he was in was flown into the World Trade Tower.
    If anyone is interested, I still have half a box full of duplicates.... time to start your won collection....free...
    Last edited by Oldad; 02-03-2019 at 10:37 AM.