Page 1 of 14 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasty little white boys

Default Nasty little white boys

A CBC news item about a group of high school boys mocking an elder taking part in an event at Lincoln Memorial. Watch the video and you can see Trumps influence on them. Their parents must be so proud.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/indige...mock-1.4985493

Default Re: Nasty little white boys

If only Sobell were here to advise them on razor choices.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Covington Catholic High School boys wearing MAGA hats in DC to protest against abortion. Teenage Catholic boys protesting abortion. Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...mpression=true

The images in videos that went viral on social media Saturday showed a tense scene near the Lincoln Memorial.

In them, a Native American man steadily beats his drum at the tail end of Friday’s Indigenous Peoples March while singing a song of unity urging them to “be strong” in the face of the ravages of colonialism that now include police brutality, poor access to health care and the ill effects of climate change on reservations.

Surrounding him are a throng of young, mostly white teenage boys, several wearing “Make America Great Again” caps, with one who stood about a foot from the drummer’s face also wearing a relentless smirk.

Nathan Phillips, a veteran in the indigenous rights movement, was that man in the middle.

In an interview Saturday, Phillips, 64, said he felt threatened by the teens and that they suddenly swarmed around him as he and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave.

Some of the teens in the video wore sweatshirts from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Ky., which sent students to Washington to participate in Friday’s antiabortion March for Life event, according to an archived page of the school’s website that was taken down Saturday.

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Sweet Mother of God reds are hateful.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Students from an all male high school visiting Washington trying to influence what women can do with their bodies.

Yes - and nasty adults who have helped get them to this point.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Phillips, who was singing the American Indian Movement song that serves as a ceremony to send the spirits home, said he noticed tensions beginning to escalate when the teens and other apparent participants from the nearby March for Life rally began taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd.
    A few people in the March for Life crowd began to chant “Build that wall, build that wall,” he said.
    “It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’ ” Phillips recalled. “I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.”
    So, he kept drumming and singing, thinking about his wife, Shoshana, who died of bone marrow cancer nearly four years ago, and the various threats that face indigenous communities around the world, he said.
    “I felt like the spirit was talking through me,” Phillips said.
    Why ?

It's news around the World.

Truly appalling. Will someone please stop this?
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Typical white folks colonial agendae. No more, no less
    Xanthorrea

Boys will be boys

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

The smug little pr!ck standing in his face with a stupid grin may outgrow his teenage stupidity and arrogance.

Or not.

High school kids are stupid by nature. Where are the teachers or chaperones? They’re the ones to blame.

Last edited by C. Ross; 01-19-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Remembering Paladin...

Nathan Phillips

Mitakuye-Oyasin

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    The smug little pr!ck standing in his face with a stupid grin may outgrow his teenage stupidity and arrogance.

Or not.

High school kids are stupid by nature. Where are the teachers or chaperones? They’re the ones to blame.

I so wish I could have been there. A single additional adult to back up Phillips might have had that smug grin walking away.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Those little sh$tes are from my hometown. Ashamed.

As should be the archdiocese of Covington, Kentucky ... and Covington Latin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Why were they chanting 'build the wall?' Did they think that would keep Native peoples from being in America? Who teaches these kids history?

Several comments about how close the boy was standing to Phillips. But at least one video shows that it was Phillips who approached the teenager. That the teenager just stood there, when Phillips approached, and beat his drum inside what most folks would consider their personal bubble, is actually pretty cool.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mar.../status/1086681831804674048

Phillips deviated from his march walked uncomfortably close to that kid, and beat his drum within inches of his face.

What kind of crap is that? And you guys think the teenager is the bad guy?
    Last edited by BrianW; 01-20-2019 at 01:56 AM.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Several comments about how close the boy was standing to Phillips. But at least one video shows that it was Phillips who approached the teenager. That the teenager just stood there, when Phillips approached, and beat his drum inside what most folks would consider their personal bubble, is actually pretty cool.

Phillips deviated from his march walked uncomfortably close to that kid, and beat his drum within inches of his face.

What? All of this excuses his and their behaviour how exactly?

Rewind a bit Brian: "It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’ ” Phillips recalled. “I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.”

The guy is just walking and banging his drum, singing a song of about peace and love, and these little ar$e-wipes block his path and hurl abuse at him.

Your defence of these $hits is untenable and disgusts me completely. It puts YOU on their level. What kind of twisted and stupid logic are attempting here?

As Betty Bowers said, "It amuses me that this week’s #RightToLife march was all all about our vaginas, but will only be remembered for their a$$holes."
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

The gubbah was out of his moral, social and philosophical league. Res ipso?

Xanthorrea

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    What? All of this excuses his and their behaviour how exactly?

Rewind a bit Brian: "It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’ ” Phillips recalled. “I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.”

The guy is just walking and banging his drum, singing a song of about peace and love, and these little ar$e-wipes block his path and hurl abuse at him.
    That kid wasn't blocking his way. The kid never moved, Phillips was doing all the moving. Turns out Phillips has a history with young students...

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/nati...sed-as-indians

He knows how to play the crowd, and it's working.

Phillips was the adult in that situation, but he wasn't acting like it. He also had fellow adults with him standing right behind him, none of which appeared to be heading up to the memorial.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Your defence of these $hits is untenable and disgusts me completely. It puts YOU on their level. What kind of twisted and stupid logic are attempting here?

As Betty Bowers said, "It amuses me that this week’s #RightToLife march was all all about our vaginas, but will only be remembered for their a$$holes."
    As you can't see the obvious in the video, I can't really care about your thoughts on the issue.

That kid wasn't blocking his way. The kid never moved, Phillips was doing all the moving. Turns out Phillips has a history with young students...

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/nati...sed-as-indians

He knows how to play the crowd, and it's working.

Phillips was the adult in that situation, but he wasn't acting like it. He also had fellow adults with him standing right behind him, none of which appeared to be heading up to the memorial.
    You're quote Faux? Figures...
    Even from that story the little pr!cks he talked to were racists.

As you can't see the obvious in the video, I can't really care about your thoughts on the issue.
    I'm completely contemptuous of yours. You're defending racism. Poor showing. Very poor!
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

You're quote Faux? Figures...
    Even from that story the little pr!cks he talked to were racists.

I'm completely contemptuous of yours. You're defending racism. Poor showing. Very poor!
    Ha! When all else fails, throw out the racist card.

Another view...

https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/Qmbot8P...B5nPf2LFF4bUW9

...just because it got even weirder.

Brian W seems to be creating a rather nasty smell today.
    And posting too much.
    Last edited by birlinn; 01-20-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joe (socal) View Post
    boys will be yobs
    ftfy.
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    Brian W seems to be creating a rather nasty smell today.
    And posting far too much.
    Leave it to Brian to defend these prats.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...52871674368001

Catholic diocese offers apology
    The Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School issued a joint statement apologising to Mr Phillips and said they would take "appropriate action, up to and including expulsion" against the students involved.

"We extend our deepest apologies to Mr Phillips," the statement said.

"This behaviour is opposed to the church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person." - ABC News

Brian might like to show his `evidence' to the Catholic Diocese since he thinks these idiots have been so unfairly treated.

Rick

Ha! When all else fails, throw out the racist card.
    What the hell do you think we're discussing here? Friggin' golf handicaps?

Geezuz wept!
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Yes, Brian, the kid in the MAGA hat is the "bad guy". One would presume most of those boys have parents forking over big bucks for a "good catholic education".

The "We apologize" sounds a lot like "thoughts and prayers", as far as being too little too late.

The descendants of illegal immigrants yelling at a native to build the wall, LOL, plus I don't think most MAGA people like Catholics much more than they do Jews, Muslims, Blacks, or Latinos.

There is a growing illness in my country.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Catholic diocese offers apology
    The Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School issued a joint statement apologising to Mr Phillips and said they would take "appropriate action, up to and including expulsion" against the students involved.

"We extend our deepest apologies to Mr Phillips," the statement said.

"This behaviour is opposed to the church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person." - ABC News

Brian might like to show his `evidence' to the Catholic Diocese since he thinks these idiots have been so unfairly treated.

Rick
    The school has everything it needs, no need to investigate here and what appropriate actions are the school taking? It shouldn't take much time to come up with expelling these kids, that is the appropriate actions the school needs to take.

You're not wrong in the idea that there was counter antagonism. But to be critical of Phillips' antagonism is like being critical of you if you stepped to someone who walked into your proximity and started antagonizing your family. Do you really think those boys were there in good faith? I get it, you think you're the voice of reason in the room . . . you're not. There are not good people on both sides, one side expects to project dominance to the other side's protest to their own marginalization. There is a group in the right here and you picked the wrong one.

I think you need to get out of your pseudo-intellectual echo chamber and actually think for a bit. Right now, you're supporting filth. It's, again, disappointing. This calls into question my own ability to recognize good character because I thought you had it.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross