Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32414243 LastLast
Results 1,436 to 1,470 of 1471

Thread: POLITICAL Memes

Default Re: POLITICAL Memes

Republicans are terrified that gun laws similar to what they think those in Australia look like will be forced upon them and they will be left unarmed and without their tactical penis extensions. The police were at my place at lunch time yesterday to make sure I was compliant with gun laws. They made a quick note of how my safe was secured and how the guns were stored. Then one called out the serial numbers of the guns registered in my name and the other crossed them off the list. Five minutes, a few laughs, a short chat about farming and they were gone. I'll get a letter shortly verifying that I am compliant with all requirements. I can legally own anything except military style assault rifles, semi automatics unless I'm a registered primary producer, or handguns unless I attend regular monthly shoots at a range, which I've done before and am not prepared to do again. It varies from state to state. There are only two things I don't like about our gun laws- firstly, I can't have a gun leaning against the wall behind the door like we all did in the past, and secondly, I can no longer display rare guns or those with sentimental value on a rack on the wall. Apart from that I'm happy with the setup as is. JayInOz

Seems a reasonable, sensible trade-off. One reasonable people could agree to. Wish I knew some.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Good one John!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

I haven't done the calcs and perhaps the KY incidents put cops 'back on top', but still.. it shouldn't even be close.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 09.15.35.jpg

Without friends none of this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    perhaps the KY incidents put cops 'back on top'
    I do not want to know about KY incidents with cops on top!

What are you doing about it?

^

If you suspect this chart of being faked because there no units of measure on the axes, read the statement by the organization that put it together, at the link.

http://politicsthatwork.com/voting-r...ethodology.php

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Some Australian Comedians started doing these 'Honest Government Adds'. Loos like its catching on.
    Very sharp IMHO

It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

[ Language Warning ]

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Some Australian Comedians started doing these 'Honest Government Adds'. Loos like its catching on.
    Very sharp IMHO

done by the same people as do the Australian ones, Juice Media.

thejuicemedia

6 days ago (edited)

We’re back! Welcome to our first Honest Government Ad of Season 3, which – so long as humanity doesn’t annihilate itself faster than expected - should run until 2025. So buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride. And to kick us off, I wanted to keep our promise to our friends in the US to cover $h!tf*©ery on their side of the world. (I was also planning an HGA for all our UK friends, but then sentient-ham Boris Johnson got booted out, so I decided to hold off. We'll get there!). As mentioned, I hope to make more international HGAs in Season 3. And don't worry Aussies, the Australien Government ads will be back soon and always be the focus of this series.I thought it would be fun to open this new season with a special guest cameo, so please give it up for our HGA guest-host – Pixelsmixel! Pix is a local Twitch streamer who covers Aussie and international news, engages in community education and sings like a frikking champion: https://www.twitch.tv/pixelsmixel I’ve had so many people writing to me saying, ‘have you checked out Pixel’s stream?’ so I did and when I realized she lives in our same town (Melbourne), I reached out to see if she’d be up for doing a cameo. So here we are. Huge props and respect to Pix for her awesome performance and for being a fearless badass by coming on the Juice Media to help us rip into the ****show that is the US Supreme Court. As I'm sure you've heard SCOTUS made some hefty rulings in June. But that's just the entrée: on the docket for the next term (which starts in October) there’s some massive ****f*©ery on the way as the Court has agreed to hear the case of Moore v Harper, which will rule on the theory of Independent State Legislature.If you've never heard of Independent State Legislature Theory, don't worry - most people haven't. That's why I'm dedicating this HGA to this topic.Truth be told, I'm still super pissed at SCOTUS for stealing the 2000 election for Bush - a decision that altered the course of history especially on climate policy. Which might explain why I care about this so much. Coz if SCOTUS embraces the doctrine of Independent State Legislature in 2023 (and there's good chances at least 4 Justices will), it could well determine the outcome of the 2024 presidential election, too. And as mentioned at the start, I would really like humanity to last to the end of Season 3.I hope you enjoy it. For those who'd like to know more, I've included References in the video description

Giordano

Last edited by Hallam; 08-01-2022 at 08:21 PM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

^ 1:48, eh, Hallam? (-:

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Some Australian Comedians started doing these 'Honest Government Adds'. Looks like its catching on.
    Very sharp IMHO

0:23 Lawrence Lessig agrees.

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJy8vTu66tE"

eta:

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    I do _not_ want to know about KY incidents with cops on top!
    ok, just saw this..

yep, thinking Imma with you on that. 0-:
    Last edited by Durnik; 08-02-2022 at 12:23 AM.

The video would have a better impact on more people without the foul language.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Cursing appears mandatory to some antipodeans and witty as it is to libs and progressives and lefties and such, even cleaned up it will not affect the minds or souls of those who have already sold out to the Big Lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    The video would have a better impact on more people without the foul language.
    While I'm not offended, I have to agree - especially as much of it seemed gratuitous.

Remember the origins of OZ. A place to dump convicts. As I understand, having a convict in ones fore bearers is a plus.. So likely swearing comes with the image.

Interesting read was 'The Secret River' about the early days.

A big heap of those who weren't convicts were screws, cops, politicians and English gentry. I'd rather be a convict And it was mighty convenient that when setting up a new colony, the poms managed to convict the exact number of stone masons, carpenters, wheelwrights, farmers, blacksmiths etc that they needed. Talk about a lucky coincidence. Anyhoo I have convicts and free settlers in my ancestry- both sides seem to have done OK. And I have many relos who don't swear at all. I try to make up for their failings JayInOz

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
    Remember the origins of OZ. A place to dump convicts. As I understand, having a convict in ones fore bearers is a plus.. So likely swearing comes with the image.

Yes. After our little fracas in the 1770s/1780s, our colony/state of Georgia was no longer available as a destination for transportation beyond the seas.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Yes. After our little fracas in the 1770s/1780s, our colony/state of Georgia was no longer available as a destination for transportation beyond the seas.
    Nor was Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post

I agree about the swearing in the video. It would have better reach without it and would put many offside. I still think the message is presented with a hard hit and their research especially the Oz content is excellent
    Regarding our convict origins, many were political prisoners. Also many shiploads of Irish girls were transported for no crime at all other than being orphaned by the greatest humanitarian injustice perpetrated in the British Isles, the so called Potato Famine, my great great grandmother being on of them. The famine brides. The records are intact, we know what ships we came here on etc…etc… The Brits firmly established themselves as the cruelest bastards imaginable. The cultural residue lingers.
    Last edited by Hallam; 08-10-2022 at 05:36 PM.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

People also conveniently like to forget that the search for a new penal colony ending with Australia, was prompted by the closing of the Virginian penal colony due to some upheaval around that 1776 period.

Bruce Cockburn

The attempted assassination of the Duke of Edinburgh by an Irishman in Sydney in 1868.

Bruce Cockburn

Last edited by Hallam; 08-10-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Bruce Cockburn

Bruce Cockburn

AND, If Musk gave everyone a billion, he's still have more than Bezos.

^I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to math, but if Bezos has 185 billion dollars that would mean he could give only 185 people a billion dollars, not one billion to every person on Earth. Correct?

And I believe the correct grammar is:
    "There are 7.8 billion people on Earth". Not "There is 7.8 billion people on Earth".
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Oops. I gotta be more critical when I see these memes. He'd lose eighty-plus billion if he gave everyone on the planet ten bucks. He could give eight point seven people a billion and still have more than Gates. The conclusion about taxing the rich is still on the right track. I shoulda been tipped off by the age of the young spokesperson who couldn't find the clue...