X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Montgomery
    Lurking since 1997
    • Sep 1999

High Crimes and Misdemeanors

I think subornation of perjury fits that description.

It is now alledged that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to congress: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-investigation
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.
  • Tom Montgomery
    Lurking since 1997
    • Sep 1999

Re: High Crimes and Misdemeanors

“The allegation that the President of the United States may have suborned perjury before our committee in an effort to curtail the investigation and cover up his business dealings with Russia is among the most serious to date,” wrote Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. “We will do what’s necessary to find out if it’s true.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...ssian-project/
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
      Lurking since 1997
      • Sep 1999

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Trump’s attorney, responded to the report by saying, "If you believe Cohen I can get you a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.”

But BuzzFeed says that Mueller’s office has more evidence than just Cohen’s testimony that Trump directed him to lie to Congress. Per the report, Cohen’s testimony is backed up by “interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.a66334385f32

Comment

• TomF
        Recalcitrant Heretic
        • Jun 2003

Feb 7 is gonna be fascinating.
        If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• RonW
          Banned
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by TomF
          Feb 7 is gonna be fascinating.
          It might even be insufferable....

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
            Lurking since 1997
            • Sep 1999

TRump's approval among his base is shrinking (https://apps.npr.org/dailygraphics/g...=storyredirect).

Feeling lonely, Ron?
            Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 01-18-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• cglynn
              • Feb 2016

Unfortunately, I fear that the R's in congress are so afraid of primary challenges, that they will continue to look the other way as the Donald continues to erode our democracy for the betterment of himself, family, friends, and debtors.

Take Mitch McConnel for example. Has he forgotten the reason that one of the jobs of congress is to check the power of the president. It would be nothing for him to allow a vote on a spending bill that would reopen the government. Sure, Trump would veto it, but then congress could simply override that veto.

If the congressional R's won't even propose a bill that Trump would veto, how on earth are they going to grow the stones to take actions that could (and should) remove him from office.

Anymore it seems more and more true that the Donald could actually "shoot someone on 5th avenue" and get a way with it.

Sad

Comment

• TomF
                Recalcitrant Heretic
                • Jun 2003

Could probably shoot someone in the Senate and get away with it.
                If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• David G
                  • Dec 2003

The situation has been clear for a long time. And still there are folks who defend Trump --

David G
                  Harbor Woodworks
                  https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• oznabrag
                    Historical Illiterate
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by David G
                    The situation has been clear for a long time. And still there are folks who defend Trump --

Splendid!
                    Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• Lew Barrett
                      Landlocked
                      • Dec 2005

Oy. Republican Evangelicals (which one imagines is most of them) sure are slow on the take up, proving faith trumps facts every time.
                      One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• John of Phoenix
                        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Tom Montgomery
                        TRump's approval among his base is shrinking (https://apps.npr.org/dailygraphics/g...=storyredirect).

Feeling lonely, Ron?
                        "White women without a college degree -24 points"

WHOA! Be careful grabbing those crotches donnie.

LMAO

Comment

• Bobcat
                          Formerly a Smallboat Guy
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by David G

I remember reading that when it came out....
                          What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

Comment

• Canoeyawl
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tom Montgomery
                            Rudolph W. Giuliani, Trump’s attorney, responded to the report by saying, "If you believe Cohen I can get you a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.a66334385f32
                            If we tell Rudy that "Yes, we believe Cohen" ...
                            Can we then demand that deal on the bridge?

Comment

• RonW
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2003

Does this mean that all hopes of removing 2 scoops by the way of the 25th. amendment is over with ?

Comment

Working...