Thread: new compressor

Default new compressor

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 10.46.57 PM.jpg

Looking for a new compressor. I like the reviews this California Air has received, primarily because of the decibel level.
    Anyone have experience with this one?

Default Re: new compressor

No experience, but I like the idea of a rust-free aluminum tank. Keep salt air out of it!

Looks like a generic Chinese oil free compressor. I have one on a Hookah I made. Works fine. I think they have Teflon coated rings which can wear out pretty quick if they get hot. I've only got a few hours on mine. Too early to make a call on that. It is nice and quiet.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

have had bad luck with diaphragm compressors in terms of noise and longevity. I would make sure that the intake has a pipe thread that you can connect to so you can put all the pipe and mufflers you want on it to quiet it down, possibly routed outdoors..

Ken

I have that exact one and like it a lot mainly because of the quiet. But my use is very minor. Mainly a couple of brad nailers in my shop. So Iím not sure my review is worth much when it comes to durability or longevity.

Wait. Correct that. Mine is the same brand but smaller. So my review has even less value for you.

I’ve got a nice little twin tank aluminum one that I’ve had for years. I don’t use it much anymore since I’ve got battery powered nailers now.

I donít see a CFM rating. Looking at what specs I could find, it looks like itís about a 1 CFM machine. THis might run a small nailer but is wholly inadequate for a DA sander (5 CFM) or a spray gun.

We had central air installed in August (Train XLi-14 heat pump) by a Train certified contractor. The system worked for less than 10 hours altogether in a cooling mode. When I turned on heat first time yesterday, only cold air was blowing. Upon inspection, the tech told that the compressor is not working, they are going to replace the compressor tomorrow. I am worried about long term reliability of the system if the compressor goes out after 10 hours of work. Thanks God, it has 10 year warranty!

Last edited by Dabera; 01-24-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabera View Post
    We had central air installed in August (Train XLi-14 heat pump) by a Train certified contractor. The system worked for less than 10 hours altogether in a cooling mode.
    That's probably why the last time I took the Coast Starlight, we got stuck in McCloud for several hours