Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dem. Schumer & Dem. Pelosi sets new record on length of time for a gov. shutdown.

Default Dem. Schumer & Dem. Pelosi sets new record on length of time for a gov. shutdown.

Or actually it will be a new record at midnight tonight..

Today is 21 days which ties the Clinton shutdown in 1995 for 21 days.

Next in line is the Jimmy Carter shutdown of 1978 for 17 days.

And behind that we have the Obama shutdown of 2013 for 16 days .

And another Carter shutdown in1977 for 12 days.

And then the Carter shutdown of 1979 for 11 days , and he even had 2 more shutdowns for 8 days each

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/10/gove...all-fight.html

It would seem as if the dems don't get their way, then they want everyone to suffer..Sad, very sad, doesn't say much for their governing stance.

Default Re: Dem. Schumer & Dem. Pelosi sets new record on length of time for a gov. shutdown.

jaft

Default Re: Dem. Schumer & Dem. Pelosi sets new record on length of time for a gov. shutdown.

Does one ever get dizzy from all that spinning?

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

^ Nice one. As Trump continues to keep millions of Americans economic hostages, because he can't make Mexico pay for the wall (as he promised), and he can't persuade the Democrats to force Americans to pay for the wall. He's painted himself into a corner.
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H. G. Wells

Fire hose from the fever swamp.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

I wanted some data on the effect of government shutdowns on tax revenue but the office was closed by a shutdown.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Must have been fake doctored video when Trump said, “Yes, if we don’t get what we want, one way or the other — whether it’s through you, through a military, through anything you want to call – I will shut down the government, absolutely. . . . And I am proud — I’ll tell you what, I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it."

TRump never said RonW would not blame the Democrats for the shut down.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Tribalism is family and extended family.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    TRump never said RonW would not blame the Democrats for the shut down.
    Ron never got the memo
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H. G. Wells

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Must have been fake doctored video when Trump said, “Yes, if we don’t get what we want, one way or the other — whether it’s through you, through a military, through anything you want to call – I will shut down the government, absolutely. . . . And I am proud — I’ll tell you what, I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it."
    ^ This

And this: https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/68430...ngest-in-histo

The polls show Americans blame President Trump, as he requested.

The polls lie!!!!
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    Literally LMAO !

The shutdown will end soon,Trump holds the record now.Maybe he is a winner maybe.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

If the poll isn't from Rasmussen, it's fake news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hubbard View Post
    If the poll isn't from Rasmussen, it's fake news!!
    What Poll ? There is no poll. Just facts on the dems shutdowns..

I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country donít want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. Iím not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didnít work. I will take the mantle of shutting down.
    Guess who.

Facts? Facts???

RonW don't need no stinking facts!
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

It needs some emphasis:

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didn’t work. I will take the mantle of shutting down."
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

There is a meanness there.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    And as others have noted, quite a bit of jaft and smogras, too.

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Not much of a (civil) servant...

Ron, it is better to keep quiet and let people think you are a bit stupid, than to open your mouth and prove you are very stupid.
    A2

Doesn't stop Trump- why should it stop his followers?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
    Ron, it is better to keep quiet and let people think you are a bit stupid, than to open your mouth and prove you are very stupid.
    A2
    I take it you didn't click onto the link in post #1 before showing the standard Liberal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by icyb View Post
    The shutdown will end soon,Trump holds the record now.Maybe he is a winner maybe.
    that would be perversely funny if he ends it because he made a new record.

Quote Originally Posted by RonW View Post
    I take it you didn't click onto the link in post #1 before showing the standard Liberal behavior.

Trump said it’s his shutdown. He said it straight up on national tv sitting between Schumer and Pelosi. You’re jaft.

Ron sure likes to push our buttons! Makes me chuckle.
    Ron, Has any Republican ever, ever made a mistake? Judging by your original post, I feel you find them quite infallible.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Ron sure likes to push our buttons! Makes me chuckle.
    Ron, Has any Republican ever, ever made a mistake? Judging by your original post, I feel you find them quite infallible.
    Actually the vast majority of them are low life two face chicken chit back stabbing lying weasels..

This message is hidden because RonW is on your ignore list.

Don't see any link.

History shows whose on the right side. Anyone remember the Clinton and newt Gingrich shutdown. Gingrich wanted to cut Medicare, and Bill Clinton said no. We had a balanced budget and newt wanted old people to pay more. Well the republicans caved because they knew they were wrong. With last year's economy our national debt should have shrank. How can anyone call themselves a conservative, and go on a spending spree. I guess the debt only matters when them Democrats are in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    It needs some emphasis:

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country donít want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. Iím not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didnít work. I will take the mantle of shutting down."
    No good Norm, it's still not clear enough..

sadly, Ron is not the only one thinking that way, He is only a small percentage of the populace at large
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama