Thread: Pilothouse build on a 26'

Default Pilothouse build on a 26'

1988 Intrepid. My buddy loves this hull so hes repowering it with twin Suzis .. new tank, and new pilothouse. Im doing the house for him

The old console and Alum T top was about 650 lbs probably more. It was beast. The new cabin is 51 inches wide, 20 degree forward tilt windows, 64 high and 6 foot long with an extra foot overhang.

The total finished weight of the cabin is approximately 310 lbs saving him 350 lbs already.

pretty cheap to build outside the Wynne window. 6.00 for 50 inch glass... %0.00 a gallon epoxy from Merrit (ebond epoxy) and the MDO from harbor sales... the MDO is really really nice stuff. At 52.05 delivered to my garage in half inch it cannot be beat. If I had to do it again Id laminate twin 1/4 sheets of ply to make the roof bend. Using the jack was interesting though. Glassing the panels laid out on saw horses is very nice and easy... ill never even glass something vertically that could have been done using gravity.

Its cold so Ive been preheating the panels up and then glassing them as they cool down. works nice

a couple photos

Dave Cecil county Md DavidNolan600@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Pilothouse build on a 26'

the roof will be totally glassed except the tab edges and painted before going on
    Attached Images Attached Images