Thread: Neptune class racing sailboat?

Default Neptune class racing sailboat?

I made a new friend on Facebook this week, and he is an advocate for the Neptune class, an older 15 square metre class of boat designed and built in Sweden. There is an very nice example on Yachtworld right now for around $15K US. Very Dragonesque, but an even sleeker profile. Anyone have any contact with this class or sailed on one? I am sure my new buddy would like to swap stories if you have any.

Many of you know that I dedicated about eight years of my life to trying to re-establish the Dragon class in North America, with some success, but with a lot of frustration along the way. I know how tough it is, and if I can help out a kindred spirit I want to do what I can. And this is a beautiful class of boat.

If you do a google search you are going to have to specify Neptune class sailboats Sweden (although there are apparently many spread around northern Europe). There are many boats labeled 'Neptune'.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Default Re: Neptune class racing sailboat?

The listing is here.
    That style of boat is, to my eye, what a sailboat should look like. I dont know this class but it has the typical skerry-cruiser style.
    I do now regret selling my 22sqm, despite its frequent impracticality. And it would likely be even more impractical now - but id give it a go if the current owner would sell.
    I wish your new friend the best of luck as he takes on this Don Quixote role.

Yes, that is her, Chris. Thanks for posting. She is quite beautiful, eh?

I really need to get my wooden Dragoni going.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

The site www.neptunkryssare.se has a nice renovation report in english at http://www.neptunkryssare.se/wp-cont.../Report-GB.pdf as well as other material in swedish. Google translate works.

thanks - that's a very comprehensive renovation - more like a rebuild.
    which makes the current sale price something of a bargain.