Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78

Thread: Notorious AOC

Default Re: Notorious AOC

If you think Cortez is stupid, that is a near-certain indication she has a genius IQ.
    Rattling the teacups.

Sophistry.

It can be so seductive.

And yet... ultimately... so unsatisfying.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Is this the same bobbys who was once so enraptured by Palin's sweaters that he thought she outwitted Biden in a debate? C'mon man, have not seen at least the clips of a University student AOC dancing dredged up and shared by Righties in an effort to "discredit" her? Sic transit gloria mundi.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

The funny thing is the same thing I brought up in the OP of this thread I started still holds true and was just exemplified by bobby’s Last post. The Trumtards keep trying to paint her has stupid, and usually the old trope of constantly repeating a lie will make it so. Unfortunately with AOC it seems to keep backfiring, her cross examine of Cohen just showed the world how much smarter she was than the screaming angry ignorant old white men on the Republican side are.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

That's hardly fair, Joe! The screaming angry old white men were defending the indefensible, whereas AOC simply asked Cohen the questions he was there to answer.

Let's see her try to spell Covfefe after a halfdozen cokes.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    If you think Cortez is stupid, that is a near-certain indication she has a genius IQ.
    Stupid or crazy smart?.

Turn down Amazon so the people in her district continue to have no jobs and depend on her to tell them how smart she is, the last thing she wants is jobs. .

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Stupid or crazy smart?.

Turn down Amazon so the people in her district continue to have no jobs and depend on her to tell them how smart she is, the last thing she wants is jobs. .
    Ha!

What you meant was: She was smart enough to realize NYC/ NY State was giving away the farm to get Amazon to move there & that the state would have had to cut services to the poor to pay for it.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

continue to have no jobs
    ??? Unemployment rate in NY is 4.3%. Doesn't sound like they are hurting too badly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Ha!

What you meant was: She was smart enough to realize NYC/ NY State was giving away the farm to get Amazon to move there & that the state would have had to cut services to the poor to pay for it.
    Now they can spend that 3 billion.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by robm View Post
    ??? Unemployment rate in NY is 4.3%. Doesn't sound like they are hurting too badly there.
    Is this trumps economy, you gotta think about this. .we are not clear when Obama's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    That's hardly fair, Joe! The screaming angry old white men were defending the indefensible, whereas AOC simply asked Cohen the questions he was there to answer.

Let's see her try to spell Covfefe after a halfdozen cokes.
    Pretty much all we have here is screaming old white men, the hit man chased off the women folk.

She's on the right track... but not precisely on target. I like that she's inspiring the discussion, though... as we're long overdue. The 'trifecta of inequality' is, indeed, perverse --

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...113510367.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Ha!

The "jobs" would have been an imported work force, techies, engineers, etc. minimum $150k per year.
    The speculators had already bought up entire blocks of local real estate expecting to make a killing on new condos, apts, etc.
    I don't think much if any of that money was going to the local work force...
    It's likely a good and healthy thing for the local community that it did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    She's on the right track... but not precisely on target. I like that she's inspiring the discussion, though... as we're long overdue. The 'trifecta of inequality' is, indeed, perverse --

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...113510367.html
    Who is ever "precisely on target"? She is arguing for us, for people like me. If she were old enough, I'd be backing her for president.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross