Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle Tennessee EBS

Default Middle Tennessee EBS

Pless will be in town on Saturday, January 12. I hear Lee G will be here too.

Keeping in mind that whenever two people gather in his name, they are sure to exaggerate and tell embarrassing stories about him, Paul and I therefore propose a WBF Middle Tennessee EBS on the above date. Unless you want to be the man who wasn't there about whom we will certainly be saying potentially unflattering things, we strongly urge you Volunteers, Rednecks, Tarheels and/or carpetbagging Yankees to attend as well. This means you Dunkirk, Vince B. and Anthony Z. as well as anybody else in the general vicinity. Oh and you too, Lee. Who have we missed? We won't know unless you speak up.

Nashville area location and time to be determined.

I will be there. Paul says he will too so all we need are eight more people for a minion or two more for bridge.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Default Re: Middle Tennessee EBS

Hmmmm... I've been looking for an excuse for a road trip... but Nashville is 1100 miles away.... a bit too long.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Hmmmm... I've been looking for an excuse for a road trip... but Nashville is 1100 miles away.... a bit too long.
    Hey now I came all the way up there so it ain't that bad.

But hey if you guys want an old soldier to visit with I'm actually there that weekend for drill. Makes me pretty much available after 4 or so.

Chad
    There are three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and my way.

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

Way cool Chad!
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Thanks for the invite and details - I will not be able to attend due to working in Charlotte that day - Please raise a symbolic glass for me

Rick

I will get a haircut! Btw Iíve always wondered, Is a Californian a yankee? I donít think so but curious of others opinions.

Hmmmm....... a bit too long.
    That's what she said.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    I will get a haircut!
    I'll one up you there. I will not only get a haircut but I will shave as well!

Chad

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

Cool. We're on.

We'll keep that 4PM thing in mind as we plan Chad.
    It will be fine to see you again Lee!

Sorry we haven't gotten together since last year. This has been a stressful Guard year for me with a lot on my mind. But I'm looking forward to getting together.

Chad

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

No shave, no haircut.. (-: - but if Dunkirk is Durnik, I might make it!

Yeah, that's it. Durnick! (embarrassment emoji). You should make it. Have any preferences regarding time or venue?

I'm a visitor to n-ville.. pretty much go along. I do recall a cool ethnic restaurant some friends in Brentwood took us to, I'll ask them the name.

I'm local so I have some ideas. If there are no strong personal preferences I can offer some options depending on head count. Any issue doing this mid to late PM to accommodate Chad?

I pretty much ignore clocks.. (-:

so y'all decide.

We'll do that anon.

bump
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I'll be there.

Am trying to think of a nautical venue near Nashville and cant.

There are none I'm aware of! Rarer than kosher restaurants in Franklin! Glad you'll be making it, Anthony! I'll suggest a venue this week as soon as we have confirmed that Vince is coming. You are coming, aren't you Vince?

By the way, we have guest quarters for anybody (room for one couple) that would like to spend the night here.

My impulsive idea to join y’all got vetoed.

Ill be in for next one. Atleast I got Maine squared away!
    A pictures is worth a thousand words but a challenging meme stumps the ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Zucker View Post
    I'll be there.

Am trying to think of a nautical venue near Nashville and cant.
    Anthony didn't you have that little cat boat up in Knoxville that John Bell and I went and looked at one year?

Chad

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

Anthony didn't you have that little cat boat up in Knoxville that John Bell and I went and looked at one year?

Chad

I wish you had taken her, Chad. You would have had a memorable cruise down river; through the locks, sliding into some of a hundred little coves on Watts Bar.

Instead, a commercial airline pilot got her. We took him and his plumb little wife(who looked unhappy/afraid) out for a perfect sail and he said right away that he wanted Opal. We explained about wooden boat maintenance and particularly her centerboard case leaks. He said he'd been reading about wb upkeep and had the time and desire to do it. So the deal was made and it wasn't until we got ashore that I realized that his wife was 8.5 months pregnant. This was to be their first child and he had no business getting into a 30 year old catboat but I thought it was too late to mention that since the deal had been made.

OF course he did nothing with Opal for months while my wife and others maintained the battery and bilge pump. Finally he got a trailer and we put Opal on it for him.

We had explained that we could best take her solid wooden mast out while she is afloat but he said he would work on her at the club. After she was on the trailer he decided to take her home and when we explained that she would have to go back in the water to pull the mast he took a chain saw to the mast and told us he would put it back together when he was finished.

Needless to say, the mast was the last straw. He let her fall apart on the trailer. We finally had to cut her up. I have one of the bronze portholes. Someone took the old Volvo engine.
    Last edited by Anthony Zucker; 01-05-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Looks like $161 to fly Boston to Nashville round trip. That’s not too bad, hmmm.

Thumbs up Re: Middle Tennessee EBS

Wish I could join you fella's.
    Paul and I know a good spot out in the middle of Lake Erie if ever you find yourself in North Central Ohio.
    Have fun.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Unfortunately, I'll be there the 10th and 11th.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyotes are whooping it up tonight. brilliant clear sky.

^Fabulous night here. We earned it after last week.

We have a plan.

Jan. 12, 3PM-6PM(ish) at Nobel's Beer Hall

That's in East Nashville and not very far from our place. If anybody wants to arrive earlier or leave later, our house is open for business as well. I believe our formal overnight accommodations (spare bedroom) may be spoken for but the rest of the house isn't. If anybody needs a place to sleep it off, we can help make arrangements.

Chad, I reckon you'll be getting there a little later but I thought this seemed like a good compromise time. If ya'll like the plan, I'll pull the trigger and secure a table. I think we have six rats so far?

Wish you guys....Kevin and Mr Sawyer.....could make it. Would love to meet you both. Ohio's a pretty long pull but I drove to to Cleveland this summer and it wasn't too bad at all until I got there. Just kidding! Had a great time....National Lotus Convention. Don't know what your excuse is Mr. Gentleman but I'm sure you have your reasons for avoiding us!

Damn it Vince, you're ignoring us!

I’m in!

S.A. Rules

PHOTOS !!!!!
    Or it didn't happen.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Your wish is our command, Joe!

We'll be there and looking forward to it.
    Will

Vince will be recuperating from some doctorial meddling in a private location and will not be able to ride or drive for several days, the which unfortunately span the 12th. I certainly appreciate the concern on this but I'm (at this point) only sure of the travel restrictions... not even sure of the severity of things for the long run and so am in "bated breath" mode.

SOMEONE TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES!!! Drink some good scotch and mumble a chantey or two.

L'Shana Haba'ah BiYerushalayim!

Cool Re: Middle Tennessee EBS

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Ohio's a pretty long pull but I drove to to Cleveland this summer and it wasn't too bad at all until I got there.

OK, my chops are officially busted.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Depending on what time I get released from duty on Saturday will determine what time I get there and if I'm in uniform or not. I hope to be able to go get checked into my hotel and change and make it over. If the timing doesn't work I may just come straight over once I get off duty.

Chad

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

Quote Originally Posted by willmarsh3 View Post
    We'll be there and looking forward to it.
    Nice! A welcome addition to the roster!