Thread: How would YOU treat a child brought here by his parents?

Default How would YOU treat a child brought here by his parents?

I'm sure if someone is caught speeding or driving drunk, etc. and has a small child in the back seat, you'd not in any way hold that child responsible for his father's actions

Why would you think differently if the parents sneaked into the country with his kids?
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Default Re: How would YOU treat a child brought here by his parents?

Compassion? For illegal immigrants? HAH! (Sarcasm, this is.)

What I would do? Look at the good and harm that would result; much good from making them citizens, very little harm. It's the proverbial no-brainer.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

But... but... but... they're BROWN! And they might not speak English!

(And worst of all, they might vote Democratic!)

What are you doing about it?

I suppose you could always burn them to death. That was the answer for the children (probably some innocent women too) of criminals here.:

waco-fire-hero.jpg
    Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Oh, for the love of God! What does the fiasco with the Branch Davidians have to do with anything? Why not bring up the Albigensian Crusade, the massacre at a Wounded Knee, or the execution of prisoners at Fort Pillow? Bob, with all respect, this is Really, Really, Dumb.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Oh, for the love of God! What does the fiasco with the Branch Davidians have to do with anything? Why not bring up the Albigensian Crusade, the massacre at a Wounded Knee, or the execution of prisoners at Fort Pillow? Bob, with all respect, this is Really, Really, Dumb.
    The immigrants crossing illegally are criminals. The Branch Davidians were accused of being criminals.The children in both cases are considered innocent. That's what this has to do with it. Personally I wouldn't want to separate a child from the parents, I wouldn't burn them to death either.

Mahatma Gandhi

One bad deed does not justify another.

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    One bad deed does not justify another.
    True.The most important point, as it applies in the Bilge is, one incident is concurring under a president that is despised here, the other was under a Democrat. This thread was not started to be about the treatment of children, rather hatred of Trump.

Mahatma Gandhi

Bob, you seem to think that the Waco incident was handled improperly. Please explain how you would have gone about protecting the children from the abuse that was thought to be happening, and how you would have prevented the Branch Dividians from starting the fires that killed them.

This thread was not started to be about the treatment of children, rather hatred of Trump.
    No, sir. You are 100% dead wrong. The hatred of Trump - and yes, I sometimes find myself hating him, despite my best efforts - is a direct result of his actions. The fact that people find his actions loathsome is the cause of the hatred, not the result of it.

Richard Feynman

We will have to agree to disagree. Personally I do not hate Trump. Do I think he is an incompetent buffoon? You bet. So many here seem to spend most of their time publishing new posts to reinforce their hatred. Almost EVERY thread, regardless of subject, will have an anti-Trump or Trump smearing comment contained within it. I'm ashamed and sorry I wasted my time pouring gasoline this one. It was a mistake, I just couldn't help myself.

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I'm sure if someone is caught speeding or driving drunk, etc. and has a small child in the back seat, you'd not in any way hold that child responsible for his father's actions

Why would you think differently if the parents sneaked into the country with his kids?
    If a person is caught doing a crime and they have a child with them what does the Government do?

1. They arrest the person and put them in jail.
    2. They try to find a legal guardian of the child and send the child go to that person.
    3. If they can not find a legal guardian then hold the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Bob, you seem to think that the Waco incident was handled improperly. Please explain how you would have gone about protecting the children from the abuse that was thought to be happening, and how you would have prevented the Branch Dividians from starting the fires that killed them.
    Do you think it was handled properly? They were going nowhere, they should have continued to contain them until they surrendered.

Mahatma Gandhi

I. for one, am pretty sick of the accusations of political 'hate'... because they are so disingenuous. We should stop pussyfooting; yes, many of us DO hate Trump... because of the things he has done, and the things he says. I don't recall any right winger every denying that they hated Obama, for precisely the SAME reasons... do you think all those chants of 'lock her up' weren't an expression of hate? 'Hate', in this context, is a perfectly normal reaction, and it's completely non-partisan. If you think Trump is 'an incompetent buffoon', then, for all intents and purposes, especially political, you DO hate the guy.

We see a LOT of threads and posts here criticizing Trump... for perfectly valid reasons.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    Do you think it was handled properly? They were going nowhere, they should have continued to contain them until they surrendered.
    Yes, the incident was badly handled... a case of poor judgment... NOT a case of criminal behavior.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

We will have to agree to disagree. Personally I do not hate Trump. Do I think he is an incompetent buffoon? You bet. So many here seem to spend most of their time publishing new posts to reinforce their hatred. Almost EVERY thread, regardless of subject, will have an anti-Trump or Trump smearing comment contained within it. I'm ashamed and sorry I wasted my time pouring gasoline this one. It was a mistake, I just couldn't help myself.
    I wish Trump was an incompetent buffoon. He's much worse than that--he's an evil con artist who has cheated and lied his way through life, and there are probably much worse discoveries yet to be made about him.

Please also remember that President Trump was directly implicated in two felonies during Michael Cohen's guilty plea--and his plea as written was agreed to by all representative parties in that case--both side's attorneys, and the judge. Think about that--the language in that plea agreement would not have been agreed to by all parties based just on Cohen's word ... there had to be corroborating evidence implicating both Trump and Cohen for it to be accepted as it was.

By the way ... I'm somebody who likes you and values your presence here--but the Branch Dividian comparison is ridiculous, IMO.

Jeff C

Do you think it (the Branch Davidians) was handled properly?
    Of course not. And that has as much to do with the subject of the thread as the Fort Pillow Massacre.

Richard Feynman

You haven't answered my questions. That's interesting, and informative.

LOL
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    The FBI gave the parents plenty of chances to bring themselves and their children out of the buildings. The parents chose to let their children burn to death. How is this the fault of some Democrat?

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

What you are really asking is how should we treat illegal aliens who were brought here, in all innocence, as minors?
    I would say a corollary question is, how should those children act when they reach 18?

Quote Originally Posted by genglandoh View Post
    If a person is caught doing a crime and they have a child with them what does the Government do?

1. They arrest the person and put them in jail.
    2. They try to find a legal guardian of the child and send the child go to that person.
    3. If they can not find a legal guardian then hold the child.

Not much attention was paid to your step no. 2.

And you forgot the step that requires that records be kept on the whereabouts of the parent and child, so that reunification might be possible. It was criminal that children were shipped of (doesn't matter even if they were shipped to somewhere "nice") without a record being kept that would allow communication between the parent and child and possible reunification.

And as to step one -- most criminals are allowed bail or some form of supervised release. Here folks were effectively convicted of crime without trial, jailed, and their kids shipped off to go knows where. Convicted violent criminals, murderers, drug pushers, etc. (non-immigrant, of course) and their children are treated better.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I'm sure if someone is caught speeding or driving drunk, etc. and has a small child in the back seat, you'd not in any way hold that child responsible for his father's actions?
    Not being responsible does not mean that the child does not feel the consequences. An adult who cannot afford bail for a speeding charge may lose his job and no longer be able to support his family in the manner they were accustomed to. Being homeless and then not going to a decent school might follow. No chance for college.

If you are going to claim life is difficult for some innocent children, perhaps you should consider a wider range of children.
    Life is complex.

I. for one, am pretty sick of the accusations of political 'hate'
    It's the only reasonable conclusion in the context of the subject of this thread:

Obama separated kids and held them in cages; you said nothing.
    Obama used teargas on the border; you said nothing.
    Obama deported millions; you said nothing.

Now, all of a sudden, Democrats have developed a conscience on these issues. It's B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Boy View Post
    The FBI gave the parents plenty of chances to bring themselves and their children out of the buildings. The parents chose to let their children burn to death. How is this the fault of some Democrat?
    Good question. I'm still waiting for Bob to answer.