Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BrianW Aussie EBS

Default Re: BrianW Aussie EBS

Quote Originally Posted by purri View Post
    If the tour of the district and traditional history is conducted by gubbahs I shall inform the Bandjalalung TOs and relevant authorities (LALCs etc) of the matter. Please advise. Your choice.
    How's that saying go?..

Two countries separated by a common language.

"Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

It sounds like the fruit cake has already arrived for the event.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    It sounds like the fruit cake has already arrived for the event.
    I understand where purri’s coming from. The name of the tour company may have given him the idea it was a tour of Mt Warning which is a sacred area.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

So what time do we want to meet at Tumbulgum Pub, 12 noon?
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    For an update, we are all set to be at the Tumbulgum Tavern on the 27th. Depending on the time, we'll probably do a river cruise earlier in the day on the Tweed itself.

Booked a motel down the road that night too.
    Spoke to Michael Simmons of Mt Warning Tours tonight and mentioned you might be doing the river tour.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    So what time do we want to meet at Tumbulgum Pub, 12 noon?
    We can be there by noon, no problem.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

We can be there by noon, no problem.
    Okay noon it is then...looking forward to meeting you.

Sorry I'll miss you guys, but I missed out on Christmas with the family last year due to an, errr, incident whilst mowing...
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Sorry I'll miss you guys, but I missed out on Christmas with the family last year due to an, errr, incident whilst mowing...
    It makes me feel marginally better you won’t be there, either.

I am still INSANELY jealous. Would I could shout you all one.

Peace,
    Up Here, Still...

It is very much so however Parks has improved access so the backpacker protohippies can have raves and night access. I did a study on cultural heritage options specifically TO ownership of Wollumbin and access of the traditional aspects and a limited generic history of the area. We don't care for the others to spout off and rip off!!
    I understand where purri’s coming from. The name of the tour company may have given him the idea it was a tour of Mt Warning which is a sacred area.
    Xanthorrea

It is very much so however Parks has improved access so the backpacker protohippies can have raves and night access. I did a study on cultural heritage options specifically TO ownership of Wollumbin and access of the traditional aspects and a limited generic history of the area. We don't care for the others to spout off and rip off!!
    Biggest problem is not so much the mashed avo crowd but the trail bike fraternity. They do far more damage than a bunch of crystal healers.

Biggest problem is not so much the mashed avo crowd but the trail bike fraternity. They do far more damage than a bunch of crystal healers.
    Politics thread is down the hall.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Politics thread is down the hall.
    Nothing to do with politics.

Rubbish. Old mate's comment is loaded with politics... and your statement is disputable. But, since you want at it here........

Tell me, which of these, in order, does the most damage in a forest environment: horses; four wheel drives; or, motorcycles? Oh, let's not forget (any) old mate lighting a bushfire either.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

ahh! Any view of history that explicitly doesn't exalt Captain Cook (even though he was actually a lieutenant), confirm Terra Nullis and justify the rape of the land for financial gain - is political in some quarters.

Welcome to Australia BrianW!
    Philip K. Dick — 'Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away'.

Rubbish. Old mate's comment is loaded with politics... and your statement is disputable. But, since you want at it here........

Tell me, which of these, in order, does the most damage in a forest environment: horses; four wheel drives; or, motorcycles? Oh, let's not forget (any) old mate lighting a bushfire either.
    Up here we don’t have Brumbies, in the national park near us it would be trail bikes. Bushfires tend to start on private land but they are not common...as in yearly. Remember Im talking local here.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Would I could shout you all one.
    It's still possible mate - just phone the East Sydney Hotel and ask to set up a tab.....
    Philip K. Dick — 'Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away'.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    It's still possible mate - just phone the East Sydney Hotel and ask to set up a tab.....
    East Sydney, you planning an EBS of one? Tumby pub is where it’s at.

Up here we don’t have Brumbies, in the national park near us it would be trail bikes. Bushfires tend to start on private land but they are not common...as in yearly. Remember Im talking local here.
    In the Royal National Park, across the road from me, its trail bikes. They really dig the place out.
    After that the mountain bike clubs from all round are always bashing out new trails and building ramps and 'burms' - even though its a $100k fine for going into the park with tools to intentionally cause damage.

Then there's pest plants, deer, and lately, so many rabbits!

East Sydney, you planning an EBS of one? Tumby pub is where it’s at.
    Slight correction; an EBS of one with a tab on Amish Rob.

Tumby pub, too far north, I'll be lucky to get to my local over Christmas.

On that note Cook was the captain of his vessel despite his Naval rank of LIEUT. Le Bouef du Tete is merely doing its usual expatriate "ethos" with the usual quasi "innerlectual" dialogue barbs. As for BrianW I surmise from his prior posts that his missis is a TO of her region and might have some knowledge of the issues of cultural appropriation (IP) of the colonial other for their financial gain. Now tell me of the monologue of the tour. Enquiring minds as I have seen many ripoffs by gubbahs in my many years in the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    ahh! Any view of history that explicitly doesn't exalt Captain Cook (even though he was actually a lieutenant), confirm Terra Nullis and justify the rape of the land for financial gain - is political in some quarters.

Welcome to Australia BrianW!
    Xanthorrea

On that note Cook was the captain of his vessel despite his Naval rank of LIEUT. Le Bouef du Tete is merely doing its usual expatriate "ethos" with the usual quasi "innerlectual" dialogue barbs. As for BrianW I surmise from his prior posts that his missis is a TO of her region and might have some knowledge of the issues of cultural appropriation (IP) of the colonial other for their financial gain. Now tell me of the monologue of the tour. Enquiring minds as I have seen many ripoffs by gubbahs in my many years in the field.
    Yerfullofit

^ To all other respondents on this matter and it is most unfortunate that once again : Res Ipso

Sorry Brian. Perhaps you and family may have a fine OZ experience free of assumed colonial imperatives.
    Xanthorrea

Yerfullofit
    Give it a rest.

^ To all other respondents on this matter and it is most unfortunate that once again : Res Ipso

Sorry Brian. Perhaps you and family may have a fine OZ experience free of assumed colonial imperatives.
    Good to see you man up, for once, and apologise.

You guys crack me up!

How about this one from today...

BCC3D00D-3198-4E39-B238-3C6A81D02BF2.jpg

I never realized it was tile...

C690B13B-B02D-4F0C-B122-18375A36AE5E.jpg

I never realized it was tile...

C690B13B-B02D-4F0C-B122-18375A36AE5E.jpg
    The "Bite Me" is quite appropriate.

Re the tile... I've always thought it underdone in some areas.... the old bare concrete stuff.

Eh, if you took a path to the old stone admin building you may have seen the bush tukka garden of local foods. I'm on the plaque as a local community contributor. BTW there is a subsumed bora ground nearby of traditional importance . Tribal Warrior mob do a great Harbour cruise on a Torres Strait design of abt 1900s pearling lugger. No ask, no info eh?
    You guys crack me up!

How about this one from today...

BCC3D00D-3198-4E39-B238-3C6A81D02BF2.jpg
    Xanthorrea

What time at the Tumbulgum Tavern on the 27th? I'd love to make it down if I can.
    Flat bottomed boats, you make the rockin' world go round.............

Eh, if you took a path to the old stone admin building you may have seen the bush tukka garden of local foods. I'm on the plaque as a local community contributor. BTW there is a subsumed bora ground nearby of traditional importance . Tribal Warrior mob do a great Harbour cruise on a Torres Strait design of abt 1900s pearling lugger. No ask, no info eh?
    For those of us who’ll never get down there, and are interested, maybe tell about the garden? Pictures? Sounds like my cup of tea, that.

Peace,
    Robert

I'd love to be there.

https://www.tumbulgumtavern.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    What time at the Tumbulgum Tavern on the 27th? I'd love to make it down if I can.
    Noon Johnno...would be good to see you.

OK, first site of colonial farming. Created in 1819. Main area of 72 acres and the associated portions all up being 130 acres plus associated attributions thus some say 300 acres. Wiki has a good entry under Sydney Botanic Gardens with good images. If you want to see where we live 5 miles away above an ocean beach find Coogee and Coogee Bondi walk on Utube. BTW the jacaranda and Murraya and jasmine are still in bloom/. 16C this morn, top of 27C with temps rising to 32C on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    For those of us who’ll never get down there, and are interested, maybe tell about the garden? Pictures? Sounds like my cup of tea, that.

Peace,
    Robert
    Last edited by purri; 12-23-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    Xanthorrea

Noon Johnno...would be good to see you.
    Seconded John.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead