Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer season should be extended, magazine capacity unlimited, auto weapons allowed

Default Deer season should be extended, magazine capacity unlimited, auto weapons allowed

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: Deer season should be extended, magazine capacity unlimited, auto weapons allowed

And silencers.

Also tactical night-vision equipment, hand grenades and weaponized drones.

Forget ‘the caravan’, deer are a bigger threat.
    Rattling the teacups.

Default Re: Deer season should be extended, magazine capacity unlimited, auto weapons allowed

This is a Cunning Plan to eliminate Trump voters, right?
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Our poor Explorer takes a beating.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    Our poor Explorer takes a beating.
    Looks like you have one side ready for the retractable machine gun installation.

Maybe the the bathroom is done?
    Rattling the teacups.

plastic is light and easily replaced. I remember a roommate getting a deer in his old 80's Camaro. It destroyed the bumper, hood, and headlights on the one side. NJ deer are tiny too!
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

This was a sizable deer. Flipped up from the fender. Broke the windshield. Smeared deer **** on the door handle(bastard). Apparently kicked both drivers sides doors. Then tore the rear fender valence. I came to a stop and looked in the rear view mirror. He got up slowly. Shook it off. Gave me the finger. And trotted off into the cornfield.

The damage is much more painful if you're on a motorsickle.
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

The repair bill will be deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    This was a sizable deer. Flipped up from the fender. Broke the windshield. Smeared deer **** on the door handle(bastard). Apparently kicked both drivers sides doors. Then tore the rear fender valence. I came to a stop and looked in the rear view mirror. He got up slowly. Shook it off. Gave me the finger. And trotted off into the cornfield.
    Door handle? At that point, you kick out the driver side window and General Lee in and out.

Peace,
    Smart Feller

do you have a road kill scavenge law there?

we have one here in Oregon now. haven't hit anything edible yet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    do you have a road kill scavenge law there?

we have one here in Oregon now. haven't hit anything edible yet myself.
    Thinking I should add brush guard and wench and take the explorer up north next year for elk season.

We have - and it's a beaut.

Can't take anything you hit - but you can take it if struck by someone ahead....

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    The repair bill will be deer.
    Gonna cost a lot of doe.

That car did a good job of protecting you eh, imagine if it was before laminated screens.

i ate a fair amount of roadkill as a teen in Montana. the highway through the Swan in the winter could keep a family of 4 in meat.

you gotta cut around the really mangled parts, they dont taste so good.

What sort of deer was it, as a matter of interest

Thinking I should add brush guard and wench and take the explorer up north next year for elk season.
    You'd need a lift, bigger tires, and some armor before a winch . . . but then, yeah, get a winch. Brush guards suck, in many cases, when you hit something besides brush, they do more harm to the truck than good. When you get a lift, put some heavy duty coil-overs on and get a full guard steel bumper, then you have something to mount your winch to.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

. . . oh wait, it's a ford, it's a uni-body, it sucks for off-road. . . Get a 4Runner.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

I take it this will be an atypical mount?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I came to a stop and looked in the rear view mirror. He got up slowly. Shook it off. Gave me the finger. And trotted off into the cornfield.
    This happened to my brother in law once. He was so mad at the deer wrecking his truck that he grabbed his hunting knife off the front seat and ran off after it into the woods. Tasted pretty good actually.

Really? The deer walked away from that? Good for him/her. We've bagged two deer in our lives, one by me, the other by my wife. About $1000 damage each time. One deer killed outright, the other the game warden had to come and finish off.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    I take it this will be an atypical mount?
    it's just how they roll in Hell.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Thought you already had a wench.

A Subaru? You're lucky to be alive!

yikes! damn automobiles messing up things.

Speaking of deer season this is the second time I’ve been in Tennessee when deer season starts. Last time when it was time for rifles and around 5:45 am I hear a whole bunch of shots go off in succession from one rifle, maybe 7 rounds in five seconds. I guess folks like to warm up their rifles.

Could be worse. Could have been a moose.

A lot of moose crossing signs on the highways hereabouts. I've only seen one once, thirty years ago, but an acquaintance had the roof of his sedan peeled halfway off by one. He was lucky! It just missed his head. Both taller and heavier those largest of the deer clan!

The push is on here to change the definition of feral deer from 'game' to 'vermin'. The hunting fraternity do not agree, but I think it will happen.

Anybody ever heard of "Roo-bars"?

Think they are now banned in the UK.
    Not too friendly for human pedestrians.

Oh. My. God. Deer have fingers? That means they can operate an AR 15. We're in trouble.

Pless needs a nice raised 4X4, with a cowcatcher on the front. 'course, if ya hit a moose, won't help - those critters are tall. Right through the windshield.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I got one with a Fiat Spider once. Fender, headlight & hood - flipped it right over the car & scared the crap outa me.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I've heard a common scenario where a car hits a moose that makes hitting a deer seem like nothing at all.

The car clips the moose's legs out from under it and the moose passes over the car hood and through the windshield. The tick-infested animal falls into the front seat, sometimes killing the passengers, and the shock causes it to defecate into the car. Then the moose regains consciousness and begins to struggle.

All told, I prefer a deer.

And then... the murders began....