Thread: Big surprise - Michelle O does not like Donald T

Default Big surprise - Michelle O does not like Donald T

The woman is nobody's fool and she does not suffer fools easily:

Trump knocks Michelle Obama for saying she'll 'never forgive' him for promoting birther conspiracy

President Trump on Friday hit back at former first lady Michelle Obama after she wrote in a new book she'll "never forgive" the president for promoting the birther movement — chiding her husband, ex-President Barack Obama, for “what he did to our United States military.”

“She got paid a lot of money to write a book, and they always insist that you come up with controversy,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for Paris. “Well, I’ll give you a little controversy back. I’ll never forgive (President Obama) for what he did to our United States military by not funding it properly. It was depleted.”

The president said the military’s equipment was “old and tired.”

“I came in and I had to fix it and I’m in the process of spending tremendous amounts of money, so I’ll never forgive him for what he did to our military,” Trump said.

The president was responding to Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” in which she writes that Trump jeopardized her family’s safety by promoting the birther conspiracy theory, which claimed Barack Obama was born in Kenya, not Hawaii, thus making him ineligible to be president.

“The whole (birther) thing was crazy and mean-spirited, of course, its underlying bigotry and xenophobia hardly concealed. But it was also dangerous, deliberately meant to stir up the wingnuts and kooks,” Michelle Obama wrote, according to excerpts published by the Washington Post. “What if someone with an unstable mind loaded a gun and drove to Washington? What if that person went looking for our girls? Donald Trump, with his loud and reckless innuendos, was putting my family’s safety at risk. And for this I’d never forgive him.”

Trump teased that there are other things his predecessor did that “I’ll never forgive him for,” but told reporters he would discuss those actions “in the future.”

“What he did to our military made this country very unsafe for you and you and you,” the president continued, pointing at reporters.

Trump is spending the weekend in Paris for the commemoration of the 100 th anniversary of the end of World War I.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

So tell me, what did Trump fix?

Default Re: Big surprise - Michelle O does not like Donald T

Michelle doesn't like Trump?

I never saw that coming...

Jeff C

Oprah - Michelle 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Oprah - Michelle 2018
    They are both too smart (and self disciplined) for that.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Hush! It was a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Hush! It was a joke...
    (So is Trump/Pence)
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    (So is Trump/Pence)
    Actally no, that is real.

Bloody hell. Not a bad dream...?

Nope, and it is getting ugly down here.

The Michelle Obama that was never proud of this country until her husband was elected president, would you expect anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
    The Michelle Obama that was never proud of this country until her husband was elected president, would you expect anything different.

Still hanging your hat on Cal Thomas's scary and "Angry Black Woman"?

He's a real peach that one...

Quote Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
    Care to unpack "MAGA" for us?

Why is this news?
    Not a single person with a conscience thinks Trump is worth supporting. Not a single one. Even Donn and other Rpugs here have repudiated him. Why should Michelle Obama, a black woman, a woman of conscience, a woman who's fought for other women, a Democrat, a humanist, a lawyer who got her Harvard law degree to help others not help herself...
    How in goodness can it come as a shock that she doesn't care for a self aggrandizing, self absorbed, belittling, silver spoon in mouth, mouth breathing, nutjob?
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

The angry black woman stereotype is a trope in American society that portrays black women as sassy, ill-mannered, and ill-tempered by nature. Related concepts are the "sapphire" or "sassy black woman".
    The stereotype has not been studied to the same degree as the mammy and Jezebelarchetypes.[citation needed] Some scholars, e.g. Dionne Bennett and Marcyliena Morgan, suggest that the stereotype is less studied because researchers accept it as true.[1][unreliable source?][2]
    wiki

She makes a typically coherent and articulate statement based on a series of facts that are well known throughout the world.

He makes a typically, arrogant, petulant, ignorant, juvenile lie, which everyone throughout the news-reading world knows is a lie, and wallows in the attention.

W.A.A.
    Last edited by Jim Mahan; 11-10-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

Cool Re: Big surprise - Michelle O does not like Donald T

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

That's a great, historic shot. I didn't know there was such a photo of the two of them in dialogue. Really captures the intent of the thread title. Well done.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

A bit of photoshop to color that worm orange and it would make headlines...