Thread: Y'all going to love this!

Default Y'all going to love this!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Default Re: Y'all going to love this!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

The French creative company La Machine recently premiered their latest creation, a nearly 50-foot-tall robotic Minotaur, in Toulouse, France. The beast marched through the labyrinthine streets of the city’s old town accompanied by a 42-foot spider for the group’s latest production The Guardian of the Temple. The pair of machines performed an operatic interpretation of the myth of Ariadne, a Cretan princess who helped Theseus overcome the Minotaur, to live music. These impressive kinetic sculptures are La Machine’s latest project from their oeuvre of mechanical bestiary which has operating worldwide since 1999.

Bringing together artists, technicians, and show decorators, this unique group of enthusiasts and experts construct atypical show objects, and movement is the key factor for their awe-inspiring performances and creations. La Machine’s animal-like works turn the cities into dream worlds. “We always work on movement,” La Machine’s head of marketing, Frédette Lampre tells Colossal. “It’s our artistic line and we always use the fine material such as wood, leather, copper, or glass, and never use plastics.”
    The mechanical spider was constructed over the course of two years by a team of around 60 people. The mythical Minotaur machine is half electric and half combustion, and moves around the city with the help of 17 operators. Although this technical beast weighs over 10,000 pounds, it still has the capacity to move smoothly and realistically between the city’s large buildings and blast steam out of its large nostrils.

http://www.lamachine.fr/en/l-atelier/

Skip

I was just about to post this and thought, I better check Skip hasn't already linked to it.

Absolutely amazing, isn't it.
    'When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find. When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind...'

Yup, you were right. Love it!
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Le gardien du temple - La Machine - Toulouse 02 nov 2018 - Acte II scène 3 - La piqûre

Love it!

That is so wildly impressive! I'd love to see them "in the flesh", so to speak.
    Last edited by CWSmith; 11-08-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Skip,
    Thanks for the share, such things I would not know of if it weren't you and the rest of the bilge rats.
    Tom from Rubicon, WI
    The other Tom

Wow !

Those guys were in Liverpool back in 2008.

Then there was this..

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ants+Liverpool
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

Great stuff! Thanks.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green