Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R judge loses election... acts out

Default Re: R judge loses election... acts out

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Garret, I was responding to sllekwho posted a far longer sentence than Good for him! And the first and only noun I used was the Judge Lest's just say I misread it and make everyone feel happy, how does that sound?
    I knew what you were responding to & that sounds great! I do believe it's important to give credit where credit is due.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Garret, I was responding to sllekwho posted a far longer sentence than Good for him! And the first and only noun I used was the Judge Lest's just say I misread it and make everyone feel happy, how does that sound?

Lol, you cant even agree on the fact that we agree!

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Devlin and another Harris County juvenile judge, John Phillips, accounted for more than 20 percent of all youths sent to the state’s juvenile prisons last year, according to the newspaper. They also sent younger juveniles to prison, and for less serious offenses, than the county’s other juvenile court judge, Mike Schneider.

All three judges were defeated in a Democratic sweep of 59 Harris County judicial seats.

“The voters of Harris County clearly wanted a change in the juvenile courts, and Judge Devlin today is showing us why the voters may have wanted change,” said Jay Jenkins, a policy attorney with the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition.

WOW, 59 reds kicked to the curb. THAT is an ass whoppin'! And being judges makes it that much sweeter.

"The law isn't what the LAW says, it's what the JUDGE says the law is."
    Not quite a blue wave but a message has gone out. I sent an email to lying ted over a year ago just to let him know that it was not just the brown and black vote but this white greybeard was also energized to oppose him at every possible election.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    What do you expect when you elect rather than appoint on merit public servants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    I happen to agree with you there. Judges should not be elected, neither should county Sheriffs. Some things really should be merit based
    Electing public officials seems a guarantee of unfair and biased behavior, not the way we do it at all.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Electing public officials seems a guarantee of unfair and biased behavior, not the way we do it at all.
    I think that a debate that could be had... but I don't think it's a totally buggered notion...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    If sleek is amazingly, actually, defending this dingbat judge... someone please let me know. I'll be forced to take him OFF of the Ignore List... and put him, instead, onto a higher-level Super Secret Double Ignore List!!! <G> But even sleek wouldn't do THAT... would he?
    You don’t ‘get’ sleek.

No surprise there.

Hidebound ideology will blind you.

Sleek is welcome at my barbecue any time.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    You don’t ‘get’ sleek.

No surprise there.

Hidebound ideology will blind you.

Sleek is welcome at my barbecue any time.
    I get him. I just don't want him.

You see it as 'hidebound ideology' (and not ignorance or battheadedness or somesuch... on his part) when I reject such comments as --

I'm not of the opinion they are peaceful, nor are they trying to be. All my comments habeen based on if they use violence and force to gain illegal entry. (talking - without evidence to back it up - about the group of potential immigrants)

No, that wouldnt be right. I often think that if these immigrants were to stay and fight rather than flee, they wouldnt need to leave. Fix there own country not desert it. Im not leaving. Id stay. (also about immigration, in general)

I mean that as the planet warms, more wet water happens than frozen. That evaporates more as temps rise, elevating humidity and cloud cover, and clouds make rain, so it should be warm, and rainy.... (one of a number of half-true comments mansplainin' global warming for the silly scientists)

Because the government shouldnt confiscate without reimbursement for the actual value. Otherwise, thats just theft, and a government with a liscence to steal is ungood. (showing his misunderstanding of the reasons for and the mechanisms of... eminent domain)

https://redrightvideos.com/tyranny-begins-in-seattle-as-man-who-broke-no-laws-has-guns-confiscated/?utm_source=RRV newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber _id:392371&utm_campaign=Tyranny...(dingbattery from dodgy sources... which he 'wants our opinion of')

I have learned something here. I used to honestly think the left was dumb. The melting snowflakes that the right loves to portray. To me, it was so clear, from what i have been shown and heard, that the left is easily triggered, the left melts so quickly, i was shocked when i heard a left winger call a right a snowflake. It was repulsive to the mind as we rightys are so obviously NOT. What the hell?

I have read much and argued points on here to the point of actual exhaustion. And i learned a few things.

I have allowed myself to be a useful idiot. And i am ashamed. I try to be a free thinker but propaganda slipped by me. I learned that both sides has their snowflakes. Both sides have vicious attacks. But aside from those extremes, both side genuinely believe their points. And now I wonder, if both sides have opposite and equally legitimate points.

Are the opposing points often argued regionally true? Perhaps its a result of micro ecenomics. Perhaps some both sides are correct. Of course there is a lot of BS presented for political sway. However to label the entire left as fools, and the left to label the entire right as fools, because both sides think its so obvious they are correct, is... well... foolish. (Discovering... and buying into 'false equivalence' - in the name of becoming more enlightened)

If you take away all guns, the murder count via other methids will go up. What will your solution to knives, bombs, poison, vehicles, drowning, strangulation, claw hammers, be? (clinging to nonsense still)

I get him just fine. I know a lot of folks like him. Ignorant. Good-hearted. Fun Guy. Poorly educated, and thus susceptible to indoctrination. Wants to be fair... and works at it... but fails more often than he realizes.

Welcome at my bbq? You bet. I'd pull him a beer, serve him some ribs, shoot the breeze, and call him names along with the rest of the mob.

But he wouldn't get invited to the Chataqua... or the evening seminars on current events. (For the same reason he's on my Ignore List. And for the same reason I'd never hire someone in the shop with zero experience.) It would take too long to bring him up to speed - which would hold back the rest of the group, and pretty much turn their evening into a waste of time. Not his fault, mostly, he just has a lot of catching up to do. If you've got time to coach him up... then bless your heart.

But it seems that's what 'hidebound ideology' on my part looks like. I'd have never guessed...

Last edited by David G; 11-09-2018 at 01:26 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)