Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how long till mueller is fired?

Default how long till mueller is fired?

televised hearing in the house to follow?

now the circus is really gonna begin
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: how long till mueller is fired?

I figure Mueller has 'till the new Congress is seated. Even Trump wouldn't make a recess appointment and have the new lackey fire Mueller now, IMO. But yeah, televised hearings will come pretty soon.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Hopefully Mueller has everything important on a few memory sticks so he can take up where he left off when the new Democratic house hires him

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Even Trump wouldn't make a recess appointment and have the new lackey fire Mueller now, IMO.
    You're giving Trump way too much credit for 'restraint'... he doesn't know the meaning of the word.

I suspect that he's going to try to purge Mueller before the new Congress takes over.

THIS could be a really, really big deal.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Goodbye U.S.A.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

Sweet Jesus.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I figure Mueller has 'till the new Congress is seated. Even Trump wouldn't make a recess appointment and have the new lackey fire Mueller now, IMO. But yeah, televised hearings will come pretty soon.
    Why on earth would he NOT do that?
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

The stuff will hit the fan.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Trump is scared sh!tless. Frightened narcissists will do things that more normal people wouldn't contemplate. He may think it's his only chance.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I'm not sure that they will fire Mueller, I think they might just pull his resources very quietly.

Sessions is out!
    Nosce te ipsum

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    I'm not sure that they will fire Mueller, I think they might just pull his resources very quietly.
    This.

If Mueller delivers his report now or after the House switches in January, the Democrats will still get the report.

Sweet Jesus I hope they don't move to impeach without a flaming bright set of proof of high crimes and misdemeanors. I hope they pick up the investigation wherever Mueller ends or is forced to end.

Any day now.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Leading Republicans are on record saying they will not tolerate firing Mueller.

So, when he does, what are they going to do? How will they justify it?

No doubt Flake will condemn it.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post

Were they're fingers crossed behind their back by chance? Only reason they said it was to make sure the dems didn't write a bill guaranteeing Mueller's job was safe.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post

You’re kidding, right? Republicans denying what they said is unusual you think?

Mitch is a weasel. Sadly, Lindsay has trended that way too. I have no hope that they would protect Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith

That was then. This is now.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

Originally Posted by CWSmith

That's the point, they don't have to justify it!

From Whitaker's mouth

Acting AG Matt Whitaker on CNN, July 2017: "I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment and that attorney general doesn’t fire Bob Mueller, but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt.”

Rosenstein has been summoned to the White House. This is our generation's Saturday Night Massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    From Whitaker's mouth

Acting AG Matt Whitaker on CNN, July 2017: "I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment and that attorney general doesn’t fire Bob Mueller, but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt.”
    Rosenstein has been summoned to the White House...
    Rosenstein's out.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

As a foreign observer, I am very struck by President Trump’s priorities.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Rosenstein has been summoned to the White House. This is our generation's Saturday Night Massacre.
    Quote Originally Posted by B_B View Post
    Rosenstein's out.
    Is this real or fake news? I can't find it in the Washington Post.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    This.

If Mueller delivers his report now or after the House switches in January, the Democrats will still get the report.

Sweet Jesus I hope they don't move to impeach without a flaming bright set of proof of high crimes and misdemeanors. I hope they pick up the investigation wherever Mueller ends or is forced to end.
    If they pull funding, we'll just start a go-fund-me account. The investigation will go on, the truth will come out, and it will be money well spent even if they don't find anything incriminating. The American people deserve to know for sure that our president is acting within the law and that justice is, in fact, for all.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

I believed then, and I believe now, Mueller should have issued a subpoena to Trump a month or more ago. That would have dramatically changed the dynamics
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I believed then, and I believe now, Mueller should have issued a subpoena to Trump a month or more ago. That would have dramatically changed the dynamics
    Hindsight often is 20x20!Looking for solutions is more important than blame!

Maybe Mueller hasn’t found any compelling reason to subpoena Trump. Maybe Mueller doesn’t need to subpoena Trump. Maybe Mueller didn’t want to take any steps to affect the midterm elections like Comey did. Maybe Mueller is smart enough to make sure his investigation will go on regardless of Trump’s interference. Certainly if Trump fires Mueller today or reduces his budget or any other steps which have been suggested here and elsewhere, then the House of Representatives will continue the probe, probably by hiring Mueller to work for a House investigative committee. Stop panicking.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I heard one opinion that if Mueller got messed with, the House could hire him to continue under their auspices.

The President said he could fire Muler and it would save you some money if he did, but he won’t. He’s got no reason to fear Muler, and he won’t.

Rosenstein is making a regularly scheduled trip to the White House, just like last time you guys freaked out at ‘breaking news: Rosenstein to White House’.

Muler doesn’t report to Congress. He reports to the AG.

All speculating on subpoena for tax returns should know, and remember for personal security, that revealing those types of documents, without authorization, is illegal. You wouldn’t want to participate in a crime, would you?
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    The President said he could fire Muler and it would save you some money if he did, but he won’t. He’s got no reason to fear Muler, and he won’t.

Rosenstein is making a regularly scheduled trip to the White House, just like last time you guys freaked out at ‘breaking news: Rosenstein to White House’.

All speculating on subpoena for tax returns should know, and remember for personal security, that revealing those types of documents, without authorization, is illegal. You wouldn’t want to participate in a crime, would you?
    Did you hear, the Pope is Jewish mdh?He said that because the Democrats wanted to pass a bill that would protect Mueller from what Trump has wanted to do for two years, FIRE HIM! McConnell promised or said the same exact thing and I don't trust that old POS one little bit.
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 11-07-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Ummmmm . . . no, it's not . . . reds really are stupid.

Congress Really Can Demand, And Get, Trump's Tax Returns. Here's How.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Who is muler does he investigate crime's?

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Ummmmm . . . no, it's not . . . reds really are stupid.

Congress Really Can Demand, And Get, Trump's Tax Returns. Here's How.
    I would advise you to re-read your link, or maybe have someone explain it to you.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)