Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Trump meltdown

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: Trump meltdown

Originally Posted by C. Ross
    ...His medical exam last year revealed that he had an elevated coronary calcium level, which is common but serious, and he doesn't seem to have moderated his diet or exercise regime as recommended by Dr. Jackson. I think pro-Trumpers ought to put his physical health above Mueller as a danger to his presidency.

Trump says he's the healthiest person to hold the office of president than ALL other presidents. If he wants to believe that, I doubt he'd take anyone's advice on health issues.

No President has presented himself for questioning by the Press as you saw yesterday. It was a stunning, unprecedented show of respect for the 1st Amendment, quite frankly.

Trump should consider ending these pressers entirely. Starve the breast for awhile. Decredentialing Acosta is an excellent first step.

No president has presented himself for questioning by the press? Really?
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

In his first year Trump held 1 press conference.

In his first year Obama held 11 press conferences.

Yep, unprecedented for sure.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    No President has presented himself for questioning by the Press as you saw yesterday. It was a stunning, unprecedented show of respect for the 1st Amendment, quite frankly.

Trump should consider ending these pressers entirely. Starve the breast for awhile. Decredentialing Acosta is an excellent first step.
    Maybe! After all he lies to then, turns and lies to Huckaliar and then, she lies to the media! Then, the media reports the lies they hear and Trump complains that the media lies. I'm sure that makes sense to end the press conferences SB. It is to you it appears.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

No President in our history has been spoken to or treated this way by the press.
    Oh please. What a snowflake excuse. Your memory cannot be so bad.

Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush: https://www.boston.com/news/politics...with-the-media

Obama: https://www.cjr.org/analysis/the_pre...ampaign=buffer

The only difference is the how a President responds. Among recent Presidents, who only get into office with a certain amount of psychopathy, Trump stands out as the one with the thinnest skin, the most combatative atttitude. His narcissistic psychopathy is and will be a thing of legend.

Poor little Donny snowflake! The press is so MEAN!!!

The election didn't go well for SB, he's using what arrows he can find in his quiver.

Does anyone have any video of Acosta going after Obama in a similar manner? No?

Uh-Bye-Bye

Complete and utter ahistorical BS.
    An excellent next (not first) step towards totalitarianism.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Do you have any video of Obama giving Acosta cause in a similar manner? No?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Ordinary Americans see the difference between the compliant press treatment given Obama versus the kind of garbage we saw yesterday. They can draw their own conclusions as to whether the CNNs of the world are conducting themselves in the people's democratic interest or not.

None of you have even mentioned the substance of Acosta's enquiries. The reality is that you don't even remember what Acosta was asking about.

Ordinary Americans see the difference between the compliant press treatment given Obama versus the kind of garbage we saw yesterday. They can draw their own conclusions as to whether the CNNs of the world are conducting themselves in the people's democratic interest or not.
    Obama didn't lie all the time, Trump does! Very simple explanation SB.

None of you have even mentioned the substance of Acosta's enquiries. The reality is that you don't even remember what Acosta was asking about.
    We got the gist, Trump interrupted him too much!

Uh-Bye-Bye
    Youre joking, right?

And SB comes back with, "Was that Accosta?"

You haven't asked about the substance of Acosta's inquiries, so we haven't described them. FWIW, Acosta challenged the President about his xenophobic and inflammatory late-campaign trope that the "caravan" of poor unarmed folks walking towards America was an "invasion." Both because US law enumerates legit "due process" for people to present themselves lawfully at a port of entry and apply (hence, not invading), and because in any case these people were still 1,000 miles away from crossing the border at all - legally or illegally.

Chris, Ol' Blooie won't watch the video - the first face he sees on it scares him.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Uh-Bye-Bye
    In fact, yes. The questions were similarly aggressive. Compare the responses.

https://dailycaller.com/2015/11/16/c...astards-video/

He refused to take on anything that remotely resembled a hardball. He ducked and evaded, called out one question as racist and in general made himself look the petulant child he is.

As for nasty treatment, 47 got it in spades. Selective memory and revisionist history is just par for the course when propaganda is employed to drown the truth. I watched Laura Ingraham on Fox as she ignored the House flip and the Democratic gubernatorial pick ups and called the Dixie wins a great victory. The dishonesty is boggling.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

I think SB is having a meltdown.

Not true. Post #67.

Acosta asked one good question about demonizing Democrats, which Trump mostly avoided. I think Acosta would have been within his rights to follow up on that. He didn't...he veered into other subjects and was a grandstander. But reporters do that. Only churlish and immature people respond as President Trump did.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    In fact, yes. The questions were similarly aggressive. Compare the responses.

I watched the clip. You're joking, right?

Cris, if you want to be taken seriously, you'll need to do much better than this.

Cris, if you want to be taken seriously, you'll need to do much better than this.
    Im not joking, and I think I'm taken relatively seriously here.

Acosta asked both Presdients difficult questions about hot international issues. Trump boiled over. Obama kept cool.

IF YOU want to be taken seriously SB, don't lie, don't give falsehoods, don't try to misdirect, heck don't do anything that you do in every one of your posts.

Another Acosta hostile question to Obama.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._midterms.html

I think I'm taken relatively seriously here.
    Sure. You're within the consensus. I'm not. You appear to want to discuss this with me. So being taken seriously by me is the issue, not what the bunch thinks.

The two relevant episodes are not in any manner comparable on the part of Acosta's conduct. It's ridiculous to suggest they are.

Sure. You're within the consensus. I'm not. You appear to want to discuss this with me. So being taken seriously by me is the issue, not what the bunch thinks.

The two relevant episodes are not in any manner comparable on the part of Acosta's conduct. It's ridiculous to suggest they are.
    Why not, I expect reasons! Not opinions SB.

You seriously believe that? Imagine if Acosta had asked Trump whether his party had rejected him.

Sorry, but I can post video after video of presidents being confronted, and I don't think you're ever going to accept that Trump is being treated the same. The difference really is in your boy, not the press.

Consider Nixon, on the eve of his resignation, tussling with Dan Rather. Can you imagine what Trump's response would have been?

Not true. Post #67.

Acosta asked one good question about demonizing Democrats, which Trump mostly avoided. I think Acosta would have been within his rights to follow up on that. He didn't...he veered into other subjects and was a grandstander. But reporters do that. Only churlish and immature people respond as President Trump did.
    I disagree. He was stymied by avoidance on one question so moved to another. The press have a tough job to do in remaking the lame approach they took prior to the election, but they do have a responsibility to ask the hard questions. Trump is as slippery as an eel, and about as well informed and it showed yesterday. As usual Trump displayed his petulance by striking out instead of answering the questions, and not only as respects Acosta. Revoking Acosta's access instead of answering any questions may play to the base, but as we see, that's not going to work long term. He deserves the tough questions and his failure to answer is very telling.

One other comment. If he was hoping for Democratic cooperation in the upcoming sessions, he blew off any opportunity for that with his bi-polar behavior. My cat behaves much the same. She'll lick you once or twice and when your guard is relaxed grab your ankle and bite down hard. I can forgive her because she's a cat and it's in her nature. I just wouldn't suggest electing her to public office.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Or Nixon after his defeat in 1960, "Nat least I don't have the media kicking ME around!" Not necessarily the actual quote but, you get the meaning SB.

It's okay for a president to grope women but it's not okay for a reporter to block a microphone from being snatched away.

Rick

Remember when one of the Legislators shouted "You Lie" during an Obama speech?

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    It's okay for a president to grope women but it's not okay for a reporter to block a microphone from being snatched away.

Rick
    he should have given her a Trump Handshake!

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post

Rick
    And Trump says it's OK for a GOP candidate to body slam a reporter. Trump and his minions are truly despicable.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.