Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nancy Pelosi

Default Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi and Schumer. Yea or Nay? I don't dislike her in the least but I think we could use a change. Trump's endorsement is perhaps an additional reason to feel that way.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Default Re: Nancy Pelosi

Nay... Nay... Nay... Nay... Please, God, NAY!

nancy pelosi sucks and represents everything that is wrong with and broken in our political system
    that's also why she's the best person for the speakership and will undoubtedly get the job
    nobody else has the cachet, nor the cache for the job
    liberals suck
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Wanna see a weak leader, look at Paul Ryan.

Democrats need a strong leader that will keep the caucus in line.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

^
    Correct.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

Adam Schiff.

Nancy is a legend who has delivered another House Majority for her party. That makes two, I believe. She's a pioneer. She's the first woman House Majority Leader (twice) and has opened doors for many women to follow, to include several that won last night. Progressive as they come, representing San Francisco (no less), Nancy suddenly isn't "progressive enough" despite being used for years by Republican strategists to drag down Democrats in elections, precisely because of her liberalism.

Nancy has had a good run, and new blood is nice. But the idea that she's "what is wrong with the system" is dumb.

Maxine Waters.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

All of the wild-eyed crazies lost last night (except the ignorant loudmouth from NY). The message from last night for Democrats ought to be that the far Left whackadoos are not the flavor of the moment. That's not the path forward for Democrats, despite so many wishing it to be so.

The best thing Democrats could do to subvert the progress made last night would be to give the speakership to a far Left whackadoo. I hope they do it.

^ ur funny

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Adam Schiff.
    I like him too. I'm listening to Pelosi speak now and she's doing nicely. To be fair anybody in the party could do better than Trump just did but also to be fair sh's discussing issues not herself or the outcome. She knows the outcome.

I wonder how Fox will spin it.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    ^ ur funny
    It's funny even without a smiley.

Dunno. Pelosi is actually excellent - but she's a 'lightening rod'. Too much baggage, perhaps? If tRump endorses her (as a punching bag), that should/could be a red flag. But no thoughts on who might be better.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post

I wonder how Fox will spin it.
    rampant election fraud by brown people?

The Democrats need to caucus on what the agenda for the next two years is. If it is to legislate on issues and try to create momentum for the party, then Nancy should stay.

If it is simply to investigate and thwart Trump however and whenever possible, then new leadership is probably warranted.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    The Democrats need to caucus on what the agenda for the next two years is. If it is to legislate on issues and try to create momentum for the party, then Nancy should stay.

If it is simply to investigate and thwart Trump however and whenever possible, then new leadership is probably warranted.
    So, you don't want Trump investigated even by Mueller? I know why Trump is afraid but, why are you? Are you thinking the investigations may bear fruit?

I question the premise that Pelosi delivered the majority.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

To listen to Paul, you'd think the Democrats lost the House last night, not won it. Perfect is the enemy of good, eh?

I think the snippiness is tied to how badly wild-eyed Progressives fared last night. They were soundly rejected across the board.

just so

To listen to Paul, you'd think the Democrats lost the House last night, not won it. Perfect is the enemy of good, eh?
    bull****

rampant election fraud by brown people?
    This is a case where the truth isn't funnier than a fiction. Are you listening to her? She sounds great. The contrast is so stark.

My concern has been the youth vote and remains so. Millennials can suck too.

Nancy is doing nicely in her speech
    She really is. I like what I'm hearing.

Paul, what on earth are you so angry about? That the results last night weren't good enough? That the Trump coalition has not melted away?

Do you have a point of view to articulate here, apart from moaning and snippery?

^Paul feels liberals don't have a spine, they're old white people (something you probably agree with) and that they generally are too busy making laws about sorting garbage and recyclables to get anything real done. Of course, I'm paraphrasing.

I think we need the young people to understand what's at stake and get involved. I want Trump to initiate a draft.

Since I'm a proud Democrat these days, I'll roll with the flow.

I couldnít be happier with my home stateís electoral performance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    This is a case where the truth isn't funnier than a fiction. Are you listening to her? She sounds great. The contrast is so stark.

My concern has been the youth vote and remains so. Millennials can suck too.
    Pelosi will capitulate to Trump. She did for Bush. She will prove to be cautious and yet will take the Trump bait. She will not be able to daily fight. Trump now has Trumpified the Senate - Pelosi will be rocked as Trump wins on the 24 hour reality politics sideshow.

My view that the youth did not care enough and show. They aren’t taking responsibility for thier future. They really kicked the can down the road... the starkness of yesterday proves their future can be poached further.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

I couldn’t be happier with my home state’s electoral performance yesterday.
    Democrats are such a glass-half-empty bunch. It arises from an unearned sense of entitlement (but I digress).

The single best thing that happened for Democrats last night is that the Blue Wall appears to be forming back up, given the results in Michigan and Wisconsin. The Trumpies have to be very worried about the drift in those two states.

Orange County is no longer. It's Blue now. That's just unbelievable, if you think of it. California is now Blue for all coastal House districts.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Nay... Nay... Nay... Nay... Please, God, NAY!
    yip
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Adam Schiff.
    NO!
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

Pelosi doesn't have a winning strategy for 2020. That's going to be very evident when they start the new session, and all she's going to do is push legislation that will die in the Senate. Not that it shouldn't be done, but that's all she's going to be vocal about, when right now we need a House Speaker that sounds like they're going to indict everyone above them until they take the oval office themselves. There's always a time and place for cordial legislating, debate, and discussion. This isn't it. We have a president who only wants to make things hotter because he never fears getting burned. That fear needs to be taught. The people need to see laws actually being enforced on the highest and most lawless.

All of the wild-eyed crazies lost last night (except the ignorant loudmouth from NY)...
    I thought Peter King won?

^Pelosi, doesnít have to do that. That can be left to any number of House Committees. True, no legislation is gonna make from the House to Trumpís desk and into law; but the House can still be a voice of reason and statesmanship in place of the Senate where it will be sorely lacking. Further the House can be a preventative in any further erosion of rights by the conservative political machine. A check on the abuse of power by the executive branch is nice to have in place as well. Contrary to sky blues claims Iím pretty happy. And very happy to see. G home state come back to its senses where it will in no doubt play a very large role in the 2020 elections. I hope my new Dem governor and reps do well in the meantime. It would be hard for them to do worse then the men they are replacing.

That's the problem Paul, she's going to leave it to committee's, and not back up what they're doing. She'll be up there talking about an agenda that sounds nice but isn't going to go anywhere, without ever saying why it's dead in the water. She doesn't call people out, and she really shouldn't start at this point, because that's not the type of rep she has. Which is what makes her a liability going in to 2020. Statesmanship isn't going to win the Senate, or get rid of Trump. The 2020 cycle is going to put red state republicans on the defensive, other than Collins and Gardner, who are probably goners. The rest of them will be sitting in safe red states that aren't going to toss them out without a good reason screaming them in the face.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

All of the wild-eyed crazies lost last night (except the ignorant loudmouth from NY). The message from last night for Democrats ought to be that the far Left whackadoos are not the flavor of the moment. That's not the path forward for Democrats, despite so many wishing it to be so.

The best thing Democrats could do to subvert the progress made last night would be to give the speakership to a far Left whackadoo. I hope they do it.
    I agree. Ryan from Ohio looks interesting again.