Thread: When Democrats win - should Pelosi return as Speaker of the House?

Default When Democrats win - should Pelosi return as Speaker of the House?

She is effective but I say too much baggage!

what say you?
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: When Democrats win - should Pelosi return as Speaker of the House?

Depend on who runs against her.

No, we need new leadership.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Don't count your chickens……………………. it can lead to embarrassment……….

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Don't count your chickens……………………. it can lead to embarrassment……….
    I'm personally not optimistic about tonight's outcome.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    No, we need new leadership.
    Could be as bad as Trump, just different party!The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Could be as bad as Trump, just different party!
    Somehow, I doubt we could do much worse than Trump.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Somehow, I doubt we could do much worse than Trump.
    Heck, I didn't think he could ever be elected but, he was!

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

I think they would be better of with new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    I partially agree but, I don't like burning my bridges without know the consequences.

She may step up, then turn over the gavel.

I too am ready for new blood.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    She may step up, then turn over the gavel.

I too am ready for new blood.
    on local radio - she says she is the best and most qualified. Her job will be to help women in politics. She wants to return to how she did it in the past.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

If the dems win the house, it's pretty much a sure thing Nancy Pelosi returns as Speaker, she doesn't have any strong competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-Mi View Post
    If the dems win the house, it's pretty much a sure thing Nancy Pelosi returns as Speaker, she doesn't have any strong competitor.
    Maybe, but once Trump and Pence have been removed for treason, do you really want President Pelosi?
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Maybe, but once Trump and Pence have been removed for treason, do you really want President Pelosi?
    You've got to be joking, nobody could actually believe that.

...only if they want to hand Trump the victory in 2020
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-Mi View Post
    You've got to be joking, nobody could actually believe that.
    Nobody believed such a career criminal as DFT could actually be elected, and now you don’t want to believe that he will be indicted, convicted of treason and sentenced to hang by the neck until he is dead.

This is is a very large and very strange world, ol’ son.

Brace yourself.
    Rattling the teacups.

No.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

What Figment said.

Unfortunately, Pelosi will try to help fellow conservative women like Kirsten Gillibrand, not centrists like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or live wires like Sharice Davids - who I admit is new to me.. but new, right now, is good.

But don't worry Rep and Dem conservatives.. the good cop/bad cop team of Dems/Reps will continue to ensure the poor get poorer, the middle become poor, and the rich get richer - 'cause nothing says Democracy© like 200 million working class poor slaving & starving to support ridiculous wealth for a few lucky souls.

Go Team!

I reckon the winds of change will wash past many old hands of both sides and Biden et al will not be the candidates of the future. Maybe the Dems will still try an old hand like Joe, and lose in 2020. Inertia is hard to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    Agreed
    Tom

Schiff?

No to Pelosi and Schiff. Please, no.

The way I look at this is no matter who democrats vote to be speaker they will be villified by Trump and blamed for everything from bone spurs to whatever. So, given this, I think democrats need to elect a strong speaker who can control 229 democrats and get them all moving in the right direction. Running a caucus and navigating the House takes someone with lots of savvy and experience and in spite of what you think of Pelosi she is in fact a no nonsense leader that can control the caucus.

She would not be a bad choice in my opinion.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"