Thread: Ledger: a gift, indeed

Default Ledger: a gift, indeed

I've been the silent observer... just popping in occasionally to catch up.

But I have to echo the sentiment. A gift, indeed.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just don't please.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Default Re: Ledger: a gift, indeed

I too have been a quite observer and was very surprised to see the ugly belt on Mr Ledger's thread. To me, Jim Ledger's posts have been a great source of education and inspiration. Hopefully he will have the thread unlocked and resume posting once he is through with the preparation of his home for winter.
    Steamboat

I get by with the judicious use of serendipity.

Someone messed with Jim? Idjit.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    Someone messed with Jim? Idjit.

Kevin

You don't tug on superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
    And you don't mess around with Jim

Firbeck, Notts/South Yorks border, England

Come on folks, let us get back on an even keel here. We seem to have a storm in a teacup that is being brewed up out of all proportion. I have spent a little time looking across a number of previous posts contributed by Chippie and he does not seem to be the vitriolic man he is being made out to be. On the contrary, he has his own brand of humour...Breakaway, you were congratulating him last year on his wedding anniversary and the thread was quite amusing.

I believe that Chippie is just as enthralled by Jim Ledgers craftsmanship as the rest of us but a little impatient to see a completion. OK, he may have strung his words to appear gritty but let's be honest, the man who has taken least offence is Jim himself.

Please, please, could we have this thread locked...or better still...DELETED! and reopen Jim's classic build. I am quite sure that this is what we all want...including (I dare say) Chippie himself.

Does this mean I have to take DavidG off ignore?

What Don said

I was thinking of starting a similiar thread here, but left it alone. I believe Jim has a thick skin and is Ok with this. He simply locks the thread every now and again to get it back on track. I made a silly comment a while back about clocking the slots on screw heads. It went off in a silly direction and Jim locked things up for a while just to get the thread back on track. A wise man, that Jim Ledger.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

I’m with you, Don. The mob is enraged easily, it seems.

Finest work, Jim, which would be an inspiration if I had any hope of emulating you!

Regards,
    John.

Its more of a sign of people like David G taking things out of context and attempting to make a mountain out of a mole hill, for reasons only one can imagine. There was no sign of Jim getting miffed at anyone, and anyone who has read stuff posted by Chippie should no he means no malice. Agent provocateur sounds about right.......

I must be missing something here. Who is Jim Ledger?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ledger View Post
    Does this mean I have to take DavidG off ignore?
    Never a good idea to put him on ignore... one misses out on SO much
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by jamo View Post
    I must be missing something here. Who is Jim Ledger?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Scott View Post
    Come on folks, let us get back on an even keel here. We seem to have a storm in a teacup that is being brewed up out of all proportion. I have spent a little time looking across a number of previous posts contributed by Chippie and he does not seem to be the vitriolic man he is being made out to be. On the contrary, he has his own brand of humour...Breakaway, you were congratulating him last year on his wedding anniversary and the thread was quite amusing.

I believe that Chippie is just as enthralled by Jim Ledgers craftsmanship as the rest of us but a little impatient to see a completion. OK, he may have strung his words to appear gritty but let's be honest, the man who has taken least offence is Jim himself.

Please, please, could we have this thread locked...or better still...DELETED! and reopen Jim's classic build. I am quite sure that this is what we all want...including (I dare say) Chippie himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwyl View Post
    What Don said
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinian View Post
    I’m with you, Don. The mob is enraged easily, it seems.

Finest work, Jim, which would be an inspiration if I had any hope of emulating you!

Regards,
    John.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    Its more of a sign of people like David G taking things out of context and attempting to make a mountain out of a mole hill, for reasons only one can imagine. There was no sign of Jim getting miffed at anyone, and anyone who has read stuff posted by Chippie should no he means no malice. Agent provocateur sounds about right.......

Jim locked his Catboat thread in response, it appears, to a bit of criticism. I started this thread to encourage Jim to unlock his Catboat thread. That is all.

Nowhere in it did I denigrate Chippie, nor try to inflame the issue, nor attempt to make more out of it than was strictly required to offer that encouragement and appreciation. Sheesh, people.

Meantime - Jim has unlocked the thread in question - so this one becomes redundant.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks