Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I got to say it took every ounce of my strength to get in and out of that place, by the time I got to sign in I was shaking so bad I was just able to sign my name and I was really beginning to wonder if they might have to help me back to the car, but by golly I gotter done.
    Good for you bobby, well done!

I got to say it took every ounce of my strength to get in and out of that place, by the time I got to sign in I was shaking so bad I was just able to sign my name and I was really beginning to wonder if they might have to help me back to the car, but by golly I gotter done.
    For that, I thank you.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

I am determined to not be part of the problem.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

We voted by mail last week. Straight Democratic. In fact, I can't see voting for a red ever again in my life. Unless maybe Jesus ran... but after two scoops and reds gleefully separating the kids and parents, I can't see that he'd consider being a red.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Now THAT'S a patriot! <SALUTE>
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

We voted this morning at 7:00. It was pouring rain. The line stretched around the side of the Elementary School that is our polling place.

A neighbor and friend on mine who is always an election volunteer said there had been people lined up at the door when the polls opened. She said so far it looks like the largest turn out since 2008.

Another election official came out and apologized for the long line and stated "We have been having problems with the voting machine."

Boy, doesn't that give you confidence. We use optical scan ballots and the machine that reads them was having "issues".

I vote in one of the few solidly Democratic Voting precincts in the county. --- I'm just saying..... hhhhhmmmmm ......are they having problems countywide??? I don't know.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

FYI: there is no early voting in Virginia except for absentee voting.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

I vote in person, sending it by mail, although usually the mail system works fine but, I was expecting my monthly bill for my healthcare provider and didn't receive it in Oct. for Nov. Called the provider, they said it was sent on 10/10. Didn't get it. Called back, told me it was sent 1/22. It's Nov. 6 and I still haven't got it. Due date was 11/1. Threat in bold letters read on the top of the bill, always reads,, If we haven't received your check by 11/1 you will be cancelled.

Our voting place (the gym-atorium at the community center) was buzzing at full capacity at 6:15am.
    I mean it was easily 3x busier than most elections. Even when the $5m new fire station was on the ballot the place was only at half-capacity.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Seems to be a lot of voting activity this round, it should be interesting to see the out come.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

In the morning at 6:45 am. I with my wife will be in line at the polling place, a straight Dem ticket and out the door. It may not change anything, but I my wife two daughters and son in law will do what we can. Jus so ya know We are not the craziest of the crazy Okies.
    It is really good to have you back buddy.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

mdh, you wanna know what party line I voted or you wanna make a guess.
    You made that clear in your first post. I was just curious of your take on the question. It was advertised and named for victim’s rights, but reading it, it removed rights of the victims family, and restricted information about the status and location of the perpetrator from the victim.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Well the people have spoken, I don't feel too bad because a good number of folks got out to vote. I have always believed in a majority rules kinda thing, whether I agree or not. If it is not the way I see it, I should change or do something to change it. So right now I will do a shot of Jose and a Busch beer, that is the best I can do.