Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow

Default Tomorrow

In the morning at 6:45 am. I with my wife will be in line at the polling place, a straight Dem ticket and out the door. It may not change anything, but I my wife two daughters and son in law will do what we can. Jus so ya know We are not the craziest of the crazy Okies.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Default Re: Tomorrow

Vote early, vote often. ;D
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Not going that early, no rush here, never a line but, I am going tomorrow morning. Probably wait until C'dog gets up! She tends to sleep in!

Well my wife has to be at work at 9:30, I don't drive any more and if I want to get there we have to go before her work time.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

I'll be there even if I have to stand in the rain, get soaked and have to go back home to change clothes afterward.
    Will

Go for it Bobby!

Mr. Sku, I can do this.

We have mandatory vote by mail but I kind of miss the old polling place. It was always a short visit but you just felt you were part of something.

I'll probably be there about 8AM and then I might treat myself to breakfast before going to work. If things go badly, I won't feel like eating later...

Unlike some the condition of this world and where it is going is of great concern to me. The hatred that is being revealed by this new world, read American order is more than bothersome to me. I never thought I would see so much hate for our brothers and sisters as I am seeing now.

I would love to see Dave Brat kicked to the curb!

It will be a close run thing, but we will do out part!

"I'm with stupid!"
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Vote by mail for us. We turned in ballots for the whole family at our neighborhood branch library a week or so ago. They make it so easy here... which explains why Oregon is one of the top states in terms of voter turnout. The top is still Minnesota. You go LAKERS!!!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/82/3b/9b/8...2f796e9b72.jpg
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I was going to go early since the wife is away for work but my daughter asked me if I’d go with her when she gets out of work at 3:30. Can’t say no to that. Maybe we’ll swing by the brewery afterwards.

Just doit.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    I would love to see Dave Brat kicked to the curb!

It will be a close run thing, but we will do out part!

"I'm with stupid!"
    the fact that it’s close is already amazing enough. . .we both voted weeks ago.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

I'm voting a straight Dem ticket as well.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Oh... and HOORAY for the Tulsmanian Family!!!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Washington, just north of Oregon, is also a mail in state. Sit at home, grab a beer, do some research if you need to, take as long as you want. It's so much nicer than going out in the rain, finding parking, and standing in line.
    Michigan seems like a dream to me now.

I don't know why all states simply don't do what Washington state does - vote by mail. It saves the state money, does not inconvenience voters, and provides a paper trail for votes. What is not to like?
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    I don't know why all states simply don't do what Washington state does - vote by mail. It saves the state money, does not inconvenience voters, and provides a paper trail for votes. What is not to like?
    Ya then hand them to Republican volunteer vote counters! Great idea!
    PaulF

In California a mail-in ballot is treated as a provisional ballot and not counted unless it is needed.
    I receive my ballot by mail, fill it out at my leisure, then on election day I take it to the polling place and put it in the box...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    In California a mail-in ballot is treated as a provisional ballot and not counted unless it is needed.
    I receive my ballot by mail, fill it out at my leisure, then on election day I take it to the polling place and put it in the box...
    Every vote in Wa is mail in.
    PaulF

I'm going to vote in the AM, then I'm going to the barbershop and to get a haircut. ( Though the topic of discussion is guaranteed to be the election). After that, kids are off from school ( since school is a polling place) so we'll figure something to do.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

What a schemozzle! No wonder the process is so open to manipulation.

The problem is, here in Oklahoma, the only dim that has any chance is Edmondson, for governor. The family has been prominent in politics here for decades. He was promoting hiliary in ‘16, so i don’t look for him to succeed. Bob’s got it wrong though , dimocrats are supposed to vote Wednesday.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Bob’s got it wrong though , dimocrats are supposed to vote Wednesday.
    Pathetic.

Jeff C

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    Pathetic.

Jeff C
    Truth. The kind of pathetic that should get you perma-banned from this place.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Unlike some the condition of this world and where it is going is of great concern to me. The hatred that is being revealed by this new world, read American order is more than bothersome to me. I never thought I would see so much hate for our brothers and sisters as I am seeing now.
    As a country of immigrants in a country with freedom of religion, There are a lot of people who seem to forget where they came from and the rights of others.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Voting done and back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Voting done and back home.
    Care to disclose which way you went on the victom’s rights question?
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

I was sixth in my precinct to cast my ballot this morning. Had a new poll worker who could not find my name. The supervisor came by and saw right off she was looking on the wrong page.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Care to disclose which way you went on the victom’s rights question?
    Yes on that.

mdh, you wanna know what party line I voted or you wanna make a guess.

You do know I was taught to never ask a woman her age or to ask anyone how much money they made or how they voted.. I figger that is why they have those little booths they want you to go in.

I got to say it took every ounce of my strength to get in and out of that place, by the time I got to sign in I was shaking so bad I was just able to sign my name and I was really beginning to wonder if they might have to help me back to the car, but by golly I gotter done.