Thread: Bodrum Cup

Default Bodrum Cup

As we Turks are just like closed secret wooden box. Last month there was famous Turkish traditional wooden yachts race . I said famous but famous only İn Turkish border ! Bodrum Cup, is a traditional wooden Turkish yachts race. In fact these boats are not Turkish, Mediterranean boats. But still produced in Turkey Bodrum and Greece mostly.

It was really long race approximately 400 Nautica miles İstanbul to Bodrum includes some Greek islands such Lesvos , Samos , Limnos.

[IMG][/IMG]

The purpose of this race take an attention to wooden traditional boats. Organisation was really perfect except advertisement. Even Turkish news channels did not informed ! Typical Turkish organisation ! everyting ok. But nobody knows what they did.

Default Re: Bodrum Cup

Thanks for the pictures! I spent some time in Bodrum about 20 years ago (was it really that long ago?) & thoroughly enjoyed it. We were on a gulet for much of the time & I was disappointed at how we motored 99% of the time - but I guess that's what the tourist boats do.

The people, the history, and the water were all fantastic!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

The small Yellow and Blue sails boat is my friends boat. In fact she is not fully wooden. But she is Baba 30 and she seems so traditional and included to the race.

Thanks for the photos! Looks like you had a good turnout!