Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair Price for Cape Dory Typhoon?

Default Re: Fair Price for Cape Dory Typhoon?

No doubt, multihulls are popular out here. And diving. The diving is spectacular. Visibility 100' or more underwater. Water so clear it looks like boats are flying. Last week I got approached closely (6' or so) by a giant manta ray on two different days while swimming along the reef.

As for the dangerous waters between here and Japan, I'll let Yeadon take the tiller for those stretches. It was his idea anyway.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

All right, my offer was accepted. Looks like I'll have my hands on the good ship Mango by the end of the month.

Yeadon, start packing for Japan! Bring your tiny high-tech desalinator and a VERY big bucket (cockpit is not self-draining).

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Congratulations on the new boat, Tom. Typhoons seem to have a very loyal following.

When I was a neophyte racer we had a fleet of South Coast 21's at our club, and I think that was an Alberg design. They had a fleet in Mobile, one in Shreveport, and I think somewhere like Austin. Similar in looks to a Typhoon and the first boat I ever got a trophy in. Ages ago now.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Thanks, Mickey. Carl Alberg certainly seems (seemed?) to draw pretty boats. It's funny, this "big" (volume-wise compared to my sail & oar Alaska) full keel sloop has a substantially shorter waterline and will probably be noticeably slower under sail. But it's by far my favorite boat out here.

Tom

www.tompamperin.com