Thread: October Nor'easter here in Maine

Default October Nor'easter here in Maine

40-50 (even 60) knot gusts all along the coast. https://www.windy.com/-Wind-gusts-gu...06,8,m:eSgaee6

Calming down now. Few reports of damage, except for this locally: https://lcnme.com/homepage/lobster-b...ristol-bridge/
    If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, eventually they would find me attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by rbgarr View Post
    40-50 (even 60) knot gusts all along the coast. https://www.windy.com/-Wind-gusts-gu...06,8,m:eSgaee6

Calming down now. Few reports of damage, except for this locally: https://lcnme.com/homepage/lobster-b...ristol-bridge/

We had that storm through here this morning. Lots of trees down Nd power outages. Big tides and coastal flooding.

Its dead calm now, so take heart that thing is a fast mover.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Default Re: October Nor'easter here in Maine

Very nasty up here too. Glad I got the melonseed hauled on Friday with only 25kts of wind. What a difference a year makes, last year at this time we were boating in shorts. Good news is that there aren't a lot leaves to rake, they've been blown away.
    Steve B
    Sjogin IIIa
    PAYTON 13' Pea Pod

RIVUS 16' Melonseed

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White

Quote Originally Posted by SBrookman View Post
    Very nasty up here too. Glad I got the melonseed hauled on Friday with only 25kts of wind. What a difference a year makes, last year at this time we were boating in shorts. Good news is that there aren't a lot leaves to rake, they've been blown away.
    Cooling down and blowing here in Florida but not like you guys are getting.

Steve B. Do you know of a Hinckley Plot 35 that was out of Blue Hill named William P? Wondering if it's still around.

We Had about 3-4' extra tide during the storm, on top of 7 1/2' tide. Also 6' rollers from NE.. Got a bit of water in the cellar. About 6 inches.
    \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Pretty awesome storm from the video I have seen. Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Quote Originally Posted by BillP View Post
    Cooling down and blowing here in Florida but not like you guys are getting.

Steve B. Do you know of a Hinckley Plot 35 that was out of Blue Hill named William P? Wondering if it's still around.
    I never saw it if it was here. Just about all the pleasure craft are hauled, only the lobster boats in the bay now.
    Steve B
    Sjogin IIIa
    PAYTON 13' Pea Pod

RIVUS 16' Melonseed

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White

A big pine in my back yard dropped a 70' limb on a shed I built last year here in W. Ma. Insurance guy on his way . . .