Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253435
Results 1,191 to 1,215 of 1215

Thread: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

Can’t we go back to 1999 when the Northwest Passage was closed to foreign invasion? When Neodenticula seminae was absent for 800,000 yrs? When ice was Great Again.

And God, when God told the Grey Whale, “You May Not Pass!”

Damn you Liberals all to Hell!!

Cue the Stan Rogers. "Oh for just one time, I would take the Northwest Passage..."
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

"To find the hand of Exxon reaching for the Beaufort Sea.
    Drilling holes in the ocean, to keep this planet burning,
    And make sure there is gasoline for my big-a$$ SUV."

Blasphemy!
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I suspect Stan wouldn't mind. It is a good thing there is plenty of oil elsewhere, it looks like the Arctic seafloor is off the radar for awhile.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

I think I just heard Trump gave a waiver for Iranian oil? Not verified to my liking at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    I just don't get it, they celebrate the losing team.
    If Sherman had been given free rein, we wouldn’t have this problem.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Hell, if Reconstruction hadn't been abandoned and the fate of the south's black citizens left to those evil bastards the Redeemers we wouldn't have this problem.

What are you doing about it?

If Booth had been a worse shot. If the Hayes-Tilden election had not been so close. If Grant had been a more competent administrator. If, if, if . . .
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I think it took 2 generals.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Hell, if Reconstruction hadn't been abandoned and the fate of the south's black citizens left to those evil bastards the Redeemers we wouldn't have this problem.
    I agree.

The point is is that the US did a spectacularly bad job of winning that war, and TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT.

A lot of the problems we are dealing with today are directly the result of that failure.
    Rattling the teacups.

I agree.

The point is is that the US did a spectacularly bad job of winning that war, and TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT.

A lot of the problems we are dealing with today are directly the result of that failure.
    Well, there was a turnover of president in 1865, Johnson was a border president, a democrat. Lincoln's plan for reconciling the north and the south came to an abrupt end.

True

In Shiloh, Shelby Foote says (I paraphrase) that every boy who grows up in the south knows what it is to have been on the losing side of a war and it's a factor in shaping the southern character.

But for the sake of discussion, doesn't the south earn the responsibility for being the south at some point? It seems like a long time to hold it in.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

time for bbq

time for bed.

unum I'm whispering here, seems as someone went poof!

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    But for the sake of discussion, doesn't the south earn the responsibility for being the south at some point? It seems like a long time to hold it in.
    Yes indeed. Although it might have worked out differently, it didn't, and once union troops had left, the blame rests entirely with those who lived there. And anyone who' proudly' displays a Confederate flag today . . .
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    time for bed.
    Good night, birlinn

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Tell you what but, how can the Dems lay claim to being smart when they allow things like this to happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-supreme-court

r take Georgia, where the Republican nominee for governor, Brian Kemp, is the secretary of state and in that capacity has placed more than 50,000 voter registrations on hold, many from urban areas with high black populations. That is in keeping with Kemp’s privately expressed “concern” that high voter turnout will favor his opponent – Stacey Abrams, running strongly to be the first black female governor in US history.
    In 2012, Heidi Heitkamp, a Democrat,won a surprise victory in a Senate race by just 2,994 votes. Her two largest county wins were in the Standing Rock and Turtle Mountain Reservations, where she won more than 80% of the vote. Her overall vote margin in counties containing Native reservations was more than 4,500 votes.
    Observing that Heitkamp literally owed her seat to Native voters, North Dakota’s Republican legislature enacted a voter ID law that requires voters to present identification showing their name, birth date and residential address. There’s the rub: many Native voters do not have traditional residential addresses, so this law effectively disenfranchises them.
    Is it that hard to stop this kind of rotten BS?

After the 2010 census, the Wisconsin legislature (controlled by Republicans) drew a map for the state’s legislative districts explicitly designed to ensure they would retain control of the legislature even if they received a minority of votes. It worked: in 2012, despite receiving only 48.6% of the vote, they won 60 of 99 seats. Democrats won an outright majority of votes cast but secured just 39 seats.
    , a resident of Wyoming has 66 times the voting power in Senate elections as one in California. Thus, in 2016, the Democratic party got 51.4 million votes for its Senate candidates. The Republicans got 40 million. And despite losing by more than 11 million votes, the Republicans won a supermajority (22 of 36) of the seats up for election, holding their majority in the chamber.
    It just goes on and on.
    The Reps, clearly the minority of Americans at almost all levels, yet consistently maintain power. Not so dumb me thinks.
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

Stupid? Because they willingly vote for criminals --

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...bF1QqNcKniE1wY

One might even call them 'traitorous'...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

If the Dems can focus on 'the problems', they seemingly have a narrow window of opportunity - fix the gerrymandering in those states they now have influence, address the voter suppression. They need to shed that 'not an organized party' reputation.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

^Critical.

Aside: There are so many smart people here it's a blast to suffer the process with you all.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Stupid? Sure. Because far too many of them lap up lies like this one --

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...ESsNL1e-ezhmVk
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

How not - when there is example after example? Like this --

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Better dead than Democrat?