Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,086 to 1,120 of 1218

Thread: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    As a Christian, can you describe for me your approach to repentance and forgiveness?
    No. I don't talk religion online if I can avoid it. It is not a good venue for discussing it.

Is it possible for an organization to have the same grace applied that one might hope applies to individuals?
    I know of nothing in the Bible that teaches that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    I don't think "the government" is capable of keeping significant wrongdoing secret for any real length of time.
    They have the "option" of taking people out who don't stay quiet, so yes, they are quite capable. Government is force.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Okay Sobell, why were the Branch Dividians armed?

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    Under the bed, watching you through your TV, everywhere.
    No. Please try to act like an adult. In the women's movement. In education. In non-governmental agencies. In the popular culture.

Government is force.
    Yes? So? They's about like saying the sun rises in the east; we give government the near-monopoly on legitimate force because the alternatives are far, far worse. Laws aren't suggestions. But there can be good government and bad government, and this kind of simplistic stuff sheds no light on the difference.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    No. I don't talk religion online if I can avoid it. It is not a good venue for discussing it. I know of nothing in the Bible that teaches that.
    If you'd talk religion, we might explore that.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

They have the "option" of taking people out who don't stay quiet, so yes, they are quite capable. Government is force.
    Again, I don't think they could keep that kind of thing quiet for 25 years. Clearly you hold a different opinion. There are medications and therapies that might help.

What are you doing about it?

No. Please try to act like an adult. In the women's movement. In education. In non-governmental agencies. In the popular culture.
    Commies! In the women's movement! In the schools! In Hollywood! They're coming for your precious bodily fluids!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah....

Government isn't force exercised by some "other;" it's you and me agreeing to play by a certain set of rules together. "With the consent of the governed" applies ultimately in each form a government may take, but most especially with representative democratic forms. BTW, have you voted yet Sobell? Was that an exercise of "force?"
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Again, I don't think they could keep that kind of thing quiet for 25 years. Clearly you hold a different opinion. There are medications and therapies that might help.
    You don't think that, huh. That doesn't make what you think true. As long as you imply people who disagree with you are in need of medication, your argument is destroyed.

Are arguments not destroyed by contradiction?

I'm trying to keep an open mind in this discussion, but it grows more difficult with each page.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Government isn't force exercised by some "other;" it's you and me agreeing to play by a certain set of rules together. "With the consent of the governed" applies ultimately in each form a government may take, but most especially with representative democratic forms. BTW, have you voted yet Sobell? Was that an exercise of "force?"
    Did you consent to torturing prisoners in Abu Ghraib? Government is often force that you and I have no inkling of.

No, I haven't voted yet.

So, there's an unholy but real alliance between Jihadists and the women's movement? Between leftists who work as educators and some NGOs which try to suppress or limit education? Can you not see that this is actually paranoid?

Because Randy was purposely set up by the federal government. He was purposely entrapped. His whole family paid for what the feds did. He was a lunatic survivalist? He is a human being. See, this kind of elitism -- diminishing someone's humanity because you don't like their beliefs or lifestyle (or what you perceive them to be) -- is one thing I cannot stand. . (He is not dead, btw. It is his wife and son that were murdered.) In everything I've read about this case, there has never been anything claimed about his hurting anyone before the feds got it in for him and murdered his family.

If you think it's okay for the feds to do that because he had "wrong politics" you are dangerously mistaken.

I know enough about El Salvador and Argentina -- and about humanity -- to know that no human authority is immune to the allure of that kind of power. If you don't see the danger of what happened in Waco, and the possibility of its leading to some horrific conditions in this country, I'm thinking your knowledge of El Salvador and Argentina are pretty much useless.
    Is it possible for you to post anything at all without constructing a straw man? Randy Weaver was indeed a lunatic survivalist, but how many times do I have to say that I do NOT think the way they handled it was right?

So agan, why do you post about his case, and not all the other people killed by law enforcement in the 25 years since? Why Randy Weaver and not Phil Castile?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Commies! In the women's movement! In the schools! In Hollywood! They're coming for your precious bodily fluids!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah....
    Is that the best you can do?

Better than any of yours!

You don't think that, huh. That doesn't make what you think true. As long as you imply people who disagree with you are in need of medication, your argument is destroyed.
    I don't think "people who disagree with me" are in need of medication. I do think you, as an individual, show signs of delusions and possibly paranoia in your public postings here, and I think there are medications and therapies that can help.

With the ignorance, lack of critical thinking, delusions, and paranoia you've put on display here? Yeah, pretty much. I mean, you wouldn't know a credible source if it bit you on the a55, and you don't appear to be capable of putting your preconceptions aside long enough to actually learn something, and you have yet to acknowledge being wrong about a matter of fact. Mockery is about all that's left.

Did you consent to torturing prisoners in Abu Ghraib? Government is often force that you and I have no inkling of.
    No, because I'm not American. But I did consent both to the processes which sent Maher Arar to Syria for torturing, and to the subsequent processes which acknowledged that horrific wrong and made such reparations as are possible to him and his family. It's been a truism since before Aristotle that Government happens with the consent of the people, because when the people withdraw their consent ... ultimately Government changes.
    No, I haven't voted yet.
    Well, chop chop, eh? What's the point of having a Constitutional Republic if you don't exercise your most fundamental citizen responsibility?

Oooooooh I have a good infographic for that!

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Don't get lost, folks, when you follow Connie deeper into the fever swamp. Just wait until the topic swings to the confed flag.
    SPEW! Thanks twodot!

Six far-Right activists arrested for suspected 'violent' plot against Macron

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-far-activists-arrested-suspected-134957726.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

What do you expect when you post total nonsense, like 'open borders'? If you won't engage honestly with what people here really think, then what's left but mockery?

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    I am an advocate of mockery for the deserving.
    I think I'm more into sarcasm.

Plenty of room for both.

(And how many pages ago did John T call this? Right as usual.)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Is it possible for you to post anything at all without constructing a straw man? Randy Weaver was indeed a lunatic survivalist, but how many times do I have to say that I do NOT think the way they handled it was right?

So agan, why do you post about his case, and not all the other people killed by law enforcement in the 25 years since? Why Randy Weaver and not Phil Castile?
    I've already answered that, but lemme type it real slow this time so maybe you will get it. Randy Weaver was purposely entrapped by the feds. The feds. It's tragic when people are killed by law enforcement, especially when it is deliberate, but in most cases, it has not been set up and planned for weeks. You may say you think it wasn't handled right, but you've telegraphed your actual motivation.

Besides, deploring oppression and murder 25 years ago doesn't mean not caring about what has happened since. They are not mutually exclusive, as you seem to think.

Plenty of room for both.

(And how many pages ago did John T call this? Right as usual.)
    Ample!The gas tank is empty but, the gauge reads full!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    What do you expect when you post total nonsense, like 'open borders'? If you won't engage honestly with what people here really think, then what's left but mockery?
    Because I'm not talking just about people here.

Post ~1165:
    Mind reading as well!
    No end to Sobell's talents.

I think that Sobell's actually talking about religion, but it's disguised as politics.

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    Post ~1165:
    Mind reading as well!
    No end to Sobell's talents.
    It IS impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Well, THAT pretty much destroys any pretense of credibility.
    To you. Maybe you should watch and read a variety of news sources. Ah, never mind. You don't wanna find out about any reality that will shatter your moonbeams and unicorn worldview.

To you. Maybe you should watch and read a variety of news sources. Ah, never mind. You don't wanna find out about any reality that will shatter your moonbeams and unicorn worldview.
    Why is it that you're the only person who disagrees with everyone else on the forum. What does that tell ya, seriously. sobell?

Well, chop chop, eh? What's the point of having a Constitutional Republic if you don't exercise your most fundamental citizen responsibility?
    Well, I thought I'd forego it this election, just to get you sadly mixed up people on this forum all wound up. /sarcasm

My transportation will be here 3:30 or 4 -- polls open till seven. Not that I owe you are any other dishonest chump on this forum an explanation.

Wound you, no! Just amazed that you can't post anything close to being the truth.I'm thrilled you're not voting, one more vote for Gillum, or one less vote for DeSantis.Amounts to the same thing.