Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21303132 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,085 of 1218

Thread: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Mull, Scotland
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    Yes, lies. I identified them.
    Please delete reference to jest, post #1095.
    Methinks I detect a slight persecution complex somewhere.

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    I think all hate and violence should be exposed. As context, I consider myself a conservative, but view the nativism, Nationalism, and trade and fiscal policies of Donald Trump as radical, not conservative.

    But I'd also say the work you propose has been at least started by the Republican-controlled Congressional Research Service and the RAND Corporation, which I cited. They looked at all politically motivated violence in total, and conclude that violence from right wing extremists is the biggest risk.

    Yes, sometimes the inciter is the government. I see President Trump and people like Rep. Steve King, former sheriff Joe Arpaio, and others as our current inciters.
    I was thinking more of the FBI that incited Randy Weaver to saw off a shotgun 1/4" too much and then went after him for that "crime", laid siege to him and his family, and sniper Lon Horiuchi shot his wife in the head and Bill Degan shot his son in the back. In the head and in the back.... Horiuchi didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist.

    Horiuchi showed up again at Waco where the feds laid siege to the Branch Davidians for weeks, tortured them, shot several of them, and then set their "compound" (evilization word) on fire. (One thing the feds have never explained is, if they wanted the people to come out, why did they shoot at anyone who tried to?)

    I've had no respect, I mean zero, for the BATF and the FBI since then.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    35,176

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    "Compound " is an "evilization word"? It is a particular American term perhaps, but I first heard it respecting the Kennedy family's place on Cape Cod. Then a Bush family property. Seems to me that "compound" in this context means a set of buildings on a property where there is some kind of security around the perimeter. Like a gated community, but for a particular family or group.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    Sobell;
    If you have never said that Trump can do no wrong, please list what, in your view, he has done wrong.
    With your views it should surely be a short list.
    Our lists showing just a few of the many items have already been posted.
    I've already stated I didn't agree with shelling Syria. Although the horrific attack on Kavanaugh made me support his candidacy, I would have preferred Amy Coney Barrett get the nominee.

    The list that started this thread though, is full of lies. First, lies about what he did/said, and then lies about his supporters.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    50,299

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    OK, I will agree that law enforcement sometimes screws up, uses excessive force, and gets very trigger-happy. Whether it's done by the feds, the states, or local police, it's a Very Bad Thing, and should be avoided when possible, and punished when it happens. But but incident with Randy Weaver was in 1992, and the Branch Davidians in 1993. That's 25 years ago. Why do you talk about them, and not, say, Phil Castille? How many innocent people have been killed by law enforcement since then? Those shot by police unjustly are far, far more likely to be young African-American men than white right-wing wackos. (This very accurately describes both the Branch Davidians and Randy Weaver, BTW, and does not justify killing them.) Why do you bring up these two particular incidents 25 years later?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    17,811

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Jesus, Keith, 25 years is nothing in the RWW long-nursed-grievance game. Why, some of these folks are still fighting the Civil War!

    (And the sad thing is, they've been reasonably successful, too...)

    What are you doing about it?




  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    58,560

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    I've already stated I didn't agree with shelling Syria. Although the horrific attack on Kavanaugh made me support his candidacy, I would have preferred Amy Coney Barrett get the nominee.

    The list that started this thread though, is full of lies. First, lies about what he did/said, and then lies about his supporters.
    But,But,But, even Grassley called Mrs. Ford credible, You calling Grassley a liar now sobell?Did he say, Cravenaugh credible? I don't recall he ever did!Why didn't he have the FBI talk to, or investigate those who knew Brewski who weren't his good drinking buddies in high school?
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 11-06-2018 at 08:25 AM.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    To the Branch Davidians, it was a religious retreat. It was not gated and there was no fence around it. It was given that term by the government to conjure up visions of fortifications, like the Davidians were some kind of dangerous paramilitary outfit. The feds and every law enforcement agency involved handled it wrong beginning to end, and it appears the wrong handling was deliberate. It was a test case to see how besieged civilians would react to (and resist) military force, and it was a test to see how gullible the American public would be when civilians are besieged, tortured and murdered by the government and military. It is one of the saddest and most horrific episodes in U.S. history.

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    OK, I will agree that law enforcement sometimes screws up, uses excessive force, and gets very trigger-happy. Whether it's done by the feds, the states, or local police, it's a Very Bad Thing, and should be avoided when possible, and punished when it happens. But but incident with Randy Weaver was in 1992, and the Branch Davidians in 1993. That's 25 years ago. Why do you talk about them, and not, say, Phil Castille? How many innocent people have been killed by law enforcement since then? Those shot by police unjustly are far, far more likely to be young African-American men than white right-wing wackos. (This very accurately describes both the Branch Davidians and Randy Weaver, BTW, and does not justify killing them.) Why do you bring up these two particular incidents 25 years later?
    Because not one person responsible for the torture and murders has been indicted; thus, the people murdered by the government and their families have never got justice. And because, in the case of the Davidians, they were beseiged and tortured by the government and the military. If you are unable to see the difference between that and trigger-happy cops, I have to wonder about you. The government's purpose at Waco seems to have been sending a message to Americans that it can do anything to anybody and cannot be held accountable. Waco was a step down the slope of taking this country to a state of civilian torture like that which occurred in the civil war in El Salvador or Argentina's Dirty War. I'm not sure how we escaped that.
    Last edited by Sobell; 11-06-2018 at 09:01 AM.

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    But,But,But, even Grassley called Mrs. Ford credible, You calling Grassley a liar now sobell?Did he say, Cravenaugh credible? I don't recall he ever did!Why didn't he have the FBI talk to, or investigate those who knew Brewski who weren't his good drinking buddies in high school?
    Why don't you ask him, Ancient Mariner? Mr. Grassley was stating his opinion. I think he was dead wrong.

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Jesus, Keith, 25 years is nothing in the RWW long-nursed-grievance game. Why, some of these folks are still fighting the Civil War!

    (And the sad thing is, they've been reasonably successful, too...)
    If 25 years is how long justice has not been done, those victimized need to be remembered (as do their victimizers). What? If 25 years goes by, their lives didn't matter?

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    3,727

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    I'm not sure how we escaped that.
    Because Algore and hiliary lost?
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Too far inland.
    Posts
    8,842

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    Although the horrific attack on Kavanaugh made me support his candidacy....
    I've heard this from a few other folks as well, and I find it curious.
    He wasn't worthy of your support until he was attacked?

    To decry the attack without supporting the nomination seems perfectly legitimate to me. To support because of the attack seems more tribal than ideological.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    so ‘left’ = politically radical, Socialist, and revolutionary.
    Sounds like Fascist propaganda, to me.

    Are you sure Goebbels isn’t running Thesaurus.com?
    I think he's dead.

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I've heard this from a few other folks as well, and I find it curious.
    He wasn't worthy of your support until he was attacked?

    To decry the attack without supporting the nomination seems perfectly legitimate to me. To support because of the attack seems more tribal than ideological.
    Well, it doesn't seem that way to me. It wasn't a case of not supporting him until the attacks. It was a cause of supporting someone else more.

  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Because Algore and hiliary lost?
    Very likely. Also possibly because, despite the attempts to suppress news coverage, it got out.

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,435

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    I think he's dead.
    Goebbels’ methods are alive and well and serving the ‘Republican’ Party very, very well.

    So well that the Moron Horde yearns for the liberal genocide with quivering anticipation.
    Rattling the teacups.

  18. #1068
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    17,811

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    I stand by putting the Islamist murderers on this list because of the informal but real leftist-Islamic alliance in the United States.
    This is well beyond ignorance and speeding deep into farce territory. You have got to be kidding. Nobody can really be that misinformed... can they?

    What are you doing about it?




  19. #1069
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    17,811

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    If 25 years is how long justice has not been done, those victimized need to be remembered (as do their victimizers). What? If 25 years goes by, their lives didn't matter?
    The case that justice has not been done is not well-supported; the Branch Davidians who survived were convicted and imprisoned. As for the federal agents who survived:

    "Several civil suits were brought against the United States government, federal officials, former governor of Texas Ann Richards, and members of the Texas Army National Guard. The bulk of these claims were dismissed because they were insufficient as a matter of law or because the plaintiffs could advance no material evidence in support of them. One case, Andrade v. Chojnacki made it to the Fifth Circuit, which upheld a previous ruling of "take-nothing, denied".[32]"

    What are you doing about it?




  20. #1070
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    58,560

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    I think he's dead.
    Too bad, Trump would've likes in Media Conference room, an excellent replacement for Huckaliar!

  21. #1071
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Over and over, Sobell engages in courageous combat with phantoms of her own imagining. 'The informal but real leftist-Islamic alliance'? The terrible menace of industrial sabotage by the IWW! The deadly campaign of bombing in Los Angeles by California Separatists! The collapse of the US electrical grid! The huge federal surplus! The advocates of open borders! The plague of feral unicorns destroying crops in Kansas!

    Listen, I am sure you have real disagreements with those on your left. Talking about them, even arguing about them honestly might possibly be beneficial to all of us. But when you make up stupid stuff and attribute it to those you disagree with, you are being dishonest. It helps no one, and makes you look ridiculous.


    The leftist-Islamic alliance IS real. I've never said anything here about any of the other stuff you mentioned, although there are advocates of open borders.

    I don't know what's destroying crops in Kansas, but it isn't unicorns. They're foragers.

    Maybe nobody here will own up to what I disagree with, but believe me, there are leftists who do and they are everywhere.



  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sharon, MA
    Posts
    20,698

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    The leftist-Islamic alliance IS real.
    Well, THAT pretty much destroys any pretense of credibility.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."







  23. #1073
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Northern California Mountains
    Posts
    12,843

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Well, THAT pretty much destroys any pretense of credibility.
    What. Yours?

  24. #1074
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    58,560

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    [/COLOR]

    The leftist-Islamic alliance IS real. I've never said anything here about any of the other stuff you mentioned, although there are advocates of open borders.

    I don't know what's destroying crops in Kansas, but it isn't unicorns. They're foragers.

    Maybe nobody here will own up to what I disagree with, but believe me, there are leftists who do and they are everywhere.


    [/COLOR]
    Duh! That's what Keith said in his post you copied sobell.

  25. #1075
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Mull, Scotland
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    [/COLOR]

    The leftist-Islamic alliance IS real. I've never said anything here about any of the other stuff you mentioned, although there are advocates of open borders.

    I don't know what's destroying crops in Kansas, but it isn't unicorns. They're foragers.

    Maybe nobody here will own up to what I disagree with, but believe me, there are leftists who do and they are everywhere.


    [/COLOR]
    Under the bed, watching you through your TV, everywhere.

  26. #1076
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    35,176

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    ...I've had no respect, I mean zero, for the BATF and the FBI since then.
    As a Christian, can you describe for me your approach to repentance and forgiveness? Is it possible for an organization to have the same grace applied that one might hope applies to individuals? Particularly when the people in the organization at all levels of the relevant positions are certainly different 25 years later?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  27. #1077
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    50,299

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    If you are unable to see the difference between that and trigger-happy cops, I have to wonder about you. The government's purpose at Waco seems to have been sending a message to Americans that it can do anything to anybody and cannot be held accountable. Waco was a step down the slope of taking this country to a state of civilian torture like that which occurred in the civil war in El Salvador or Argentina's Dirty War. I'm not sure how we escaped that.
    Excuse me? People killed unjustly by law enforcement are just as dead whoever pulled the trigger, and whoever gave the order. Why do you bring up these particular cases rather than the many, may others that have happened since? Why do you bring up Randy Weaver, who died in 1992, as an example, rather than, say, Phil Castile (to give one example that happened near where I live). Why bring up a lunatic survivalist holed up in the mountains shooting at federal agents 25 years ago (and I agree with you 100% that the federal agents should not have done what they did), rather than a completely innocent guy driving along with his girlfriend, and shot by a cop for no reason at all? Both bad, both should not have happened, but you use one as an example that you think demonstrates something, and not the other. Why?

    And please - I would bet I know far more about El Salvador and the guerra sucia in Argentina than you do, (I was living in Central America whe Oscar ROmero was assassinated) and the comparison is howlingly absurd. You haven't the vaguest idea what you're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    The leftist-Islamic alliance IS real. I've never said anything here about any of the other stuff you mentioned, although there are advocates of open borders. I don't know what's destroying crops in Kansas, but it isn't unicorns. They're foragers. Maybe nobody here will own up to what I disagree with, but believe me, there are leftists who do and they are everywhere.
    You never mentioned any of the other things I listed because they don't exist; I made the up as absurd examples. The IWW hasn't been significant for 90 years. California separatists, if they exist, don't bomb anything. The electrical grid is fine, and the federal govenite is running an enormous deficit. Nobody's destroying crops in Kansas. And there are about 1.8 billion Muslims on the planet. They are no more homogeneous than Christians,and have at least as many internal divisions and disagreements . Som emof tf them are obviously Democrats. One Ilhan Omar is running for the House of Representatives here; she's very impressive. But the idea of a leftist-Islamic alliance is total and complete codswallop, in the same class as an invasion of basilisks or the terrible danger fro m witchcraft.

    You may be able to find an advocate of 'open borders' somewhere; there are a lot of people in the world and some of them are idiots. But it's another straw man. You have no idea what those who disagree with you actually think, and are battling phantoms - or just making stuff up because it's easier that actually engaging with reality.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 11-06-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  28. #1078
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    The case that justice has not been done is not well-supported; the Branch Davidians who survived were convicted and imprisoned. As for the federal agents who survived:

    "Several civil suits were brought against the United States government, federal officials, former governor of Texas Ann Richards, and members of the Texas Army National Guard. The bulk of these claims were dismissed because they were insufficient as a matter of law or because the plaintiffs could advance no material evidence in support of them. One case, Andrade v. Chojnacki made it to the Fifth Circuit, which upheld a previous ruling of "take-nothing, denied".[32]"

    ...the Branch Davidians who survived were convicted and imprisoned.


    Perfect place for keeping them quiet.

    You really believe the government was going to let the truth out?

  29. #1079
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    58,560

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Oh brother, one can't fix stupid but hopefully, one can cure ignorance.

  30. #1080
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    28,443

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

    "My generation will not allow this to continue!"

    Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

  31. #1081
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    58,560

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    Apparently so!

  32. #1082
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pensacola FL USA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Excuse me? People killed unjustly by law enforcement are just as dead whoever pulled the trigger, and whoever gave the order. Why do you bring up these particular cases rather than the many, may others that have happened since? Why do you bring up Randy Weaver, who died in 1992, as an example, rather than, say, Phil Castile (to give one example that happened near where I live). Why bring up a lunatic survivalist holed up in the mountains shooting at federal agents 25 years ago (and I agree with you 100% that the federal agents should not have done what they did), rather than a completely innocent guy driving along with his girlfriend, and shot by a cop for no reason at all? Both bad, both should not have happened, but you use one as an example that you think demonstrates something, and not the other. Why?

    And please - I would bet I know far more about El Salvador and the guerra sucia in Argentina than you do, (I was living in Central America whe Oscar ROmero was assassinated) and the comparison is howlingly absurd. You haven't the vaguest idea what you're talking about.
    Because Randy was purposely set up by the federal government. He was purposely entrapped. His whole family paid for what the feds did. He was a lunatic survivalist? He is a human being. See, this kind of elitism -- diminishing someone's humanity because you don't like their beliefs or lifestyle (or what you perceive them to be) -- is one thing I cannot stand. . (He is not dead, btw. It is his wife and son that were murdered.) In everything I've read about this case, there has never been anything claimed about his hurting anyone before the feds got it in for him and murdered his family.

    If you think it's okay for the feds to do that because he had "wrong politics" you are dangerously mistaken.

    I know enough about El Salvador and Argentina -- and about humanity -- to know that no human authority is immune to the allure of that kind of power. If you don't see the danger of what happened in Waco, and the possibility of its leading to some horrific conditions in this country, I'm thinking your knowledge of El Salvador and Argentina are pretty much useless.

  33. #1083
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    47,335

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Well, THAT pretty much destroys any pretense of credibility.
    Don’t forget the Leftist-Islamic-Bad Hombres-Pizza Pedophile Ring. They’re all the same thing. Oh, Al Gore and the phony hoaxy melted ice cap thing.

  34. #1084
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    17,811

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    ....the comparison is howlingly absurd. You haven't the vaguest idea what you're talking about.
    ...yet again. It's a consistent pattern.

    What are you doing about it?




  35. #1085
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    17,811

    Default Re: Why liberals think Trumpistas are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobell View Post
    You really believe the government was going to let the truth out?
    I don't think "the government" is capable of keeping significant wrongdoing secret for any real length of time.

    What are you doing about it?




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •