Thread: Thank you Leonard Cohen.

Default Thank you Leonard Cohen.

In a newly released collection of poems, the late songwriter Leonard Cohen unleashed his feelings about self-proclaimed “genius” Kanye West. Cohen wrote back in 2015, “Kanye West is not Picasso/I am Picasso,” in a poem from the posthumously published TheFlame collection. Alluding to other historical pioneers like Edison Tesla, Cohen references Jay Z and “the great bogus shift of bull**** culture.” Cohen passed away in November 2016.

CNN 10/8/2018
    Have a Holly Jolly Christmas🎅

Default Re: Thank you Leonard Cohen.

I'm a big fan of Leonard Cohen. Who is Kanye West?

Rick

you may enjoy this, it was at times a difficult interview, but there are many gems in it. . .

New Collection Showcases Leonard Cohen Was 'Preoccupied With Brokenness

Musician and writer Leonard Cohen died in 2016, leaving behind many unpublished poems and lyrics. His son Adam Cohen discusses The Flame, a collection of some of Leonard's final works.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    I'm a big fan of Leonard Cohen. Who is Kanye West? Rick
    He's a bi-polar personality who thinks Apple Inc. manufactures hydrogen powered airliners.
    Have a Holly Jolly Christmas🎅

I became "Leonard Cohen aware" back in the 1960's. Followed his music and writings off and on through the years and he sort of faded away later until the "economic crisis" Adam refers to occurred. About 2012? (I'm guessing) he was sort of forced out on tour to recover and it was amazing. He always benefitted from his ability to put together the most fabulous musicians and backup singers (I'm thinking: Rosco Beck, Sharon Robinson, Pearla Battaya, Julie Christiansen, Jennifer Warnes and then later the Webb Sisters). I made it to one of his concerts on his World Tour about 2012 and it was, indeed, pretty close to a Religious Experience for a LC fan. So glad to have not missed him. Best concert I have ever attended/ JC

Good point about the backup singers - always amazing!

Rick

We saw him at the K Rock Center in Kingston, Ont a few years before he left us. One of the greatest shows I’ve ever seen.

I wouldn’t cross the street to see Kanye.