Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All this winning is getting exhausting!

Default Re: All this winning is getting exhausting!

You know Dave, this is why they call us triggered snowflakes.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    You know Dave, this is why they call us triggered snowflakes.
    This? What?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

For the supporters of the right in the US today a quick resume of the life of Deidrich Bonhoeffer might give some caution.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    If you review the bidding, I don't think you'll find anyone disputing the notion that the Republicans are poised to increase their Senate majority.
    Now that you've admitted to the important contention of the OP when pressed, explain to me how the democrats have increased their chances by their dirty politics and uncivilized behavior which has united and energized the republican party, while negating the democrat enthusiasm advantage as reported by NPR?

The idea that you think this guy is doing anything but wind you up . . .
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    The idea that you think this guy is doing anything but wind you up . . .
    You are correct. In attempting to treat him as an honest, competent, correspondent... I have erred. He's not. But that's the way I insist upon approaching it. If they don't respond in kind... they eventually make my Ignore List.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I have erred.
    You've erred alright, not only in comprehension, but also in not recognizing what you yourself posted in some sort of a bizarre attempt at a rebuttal!

You brought up and attacked Rick Scott, let's see you make the case for why Ben Nelson is going to retain his seat.

Kavanaugh is a milque-toasty Establishment-type Bushie. It is precisely for these reasons that he was such an inspired pick by Trump. The Conservaturds, who never conserve anything, would have bailed at the first sign of trouble had Trump nominated a libertarian ideologue.

The Conservaturds thought there was a difference between them and the Trumpies in the minds of Democrats. The Kavanaugh mess showed them that they couldn't have been more wrong.

The #Nevertrump bunch has learned that they are as deeply hated as the Trumpies. They just got woke.

The party is more united than at any time since the rise of the Tea Party movement, more than 8 years ago now. Trump has united the Republican Party.

#Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-Mi View Post
    You've erred alright, not only in comprehension, but also in not recognizing what you yourself posted in some sort of a bizarre attempt at a rebuttal!

You brought up and attacked Rick Scott, let's see you make the case for why Ben Nelson is going to retain his seat.
    You're doing it again. Where did I way that Scott would lose? I simply pointed out that if he wins, he will do it thru dishonesty. 9/9 campaign ads contained lies. If you can't keep track of what I'm saying and not saying... or if your 'misapprehension' is deliberate... you're simply a waste of time.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

What is..." the MAGA agenda."
    Can you clearly spell it out, because I honestly don't know what that means.
    Also, could you be so kind as to illustrate what benefits are to be derived from ""The MAGA Agenda".

Thanks

Well David, I'm glad you agree prospects for democrats in the upcoming midterms regarding the senate are grim.

When the results come in for the US Senate that give President Trump a free hand in his future court nominations and actions of the Senate, don't wait for someone to write a book on "What Happened".

Just look back to appalling actions by democrats during the Kavanaugh confirmation proceedings and recognize that the left united and energized republicans to match or exceed their motivation this midterm election.

Well David, I'm glad you agree prospects for democrats in the upcoming midterms regarding the senate are grim.

When the results come in for the US Senate that give President Trump a free hand in his future court nominations and actions of the Senate, don't wait for someone to write a book on "What Happened".

Just look back to appalling actions by democrats during the Kavanaugh confirmation proceedings and recognize that the left united and energized republicans to match or exceed their motivation this midterm election.
    I wonder. I'm seeing a lot of really ticked off Female GOP-leaning independents out there...and they aren't mad at Democrats.

Jeff C

Rick makes a good point that Dems better get their "stuff" together if they want to gain any seats. That being said, the folks who behaved badly (despicably) in the BK hearings were the Reps, not the Dems.

But it seems that Reps now believe that it's all about the "win" - no matter how sleazy one has to be to get it. I just hope these people wake up before the corporations & the 1% have taken over the country.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Can you clearly spell it out, because I honestly don't know what that means.
    Also, could you be so kind as to illustrate what benefits are to be derived from ""The MAGA Agenda".

Thanks
    It would require the equivalent of rewriting War and Peace to fully explain it, but allow me to put it simply, without doing the concept justice.

Post WWII, America was on top of the world. Our troops came home, the baby boom was off and running and the United States that avoided the devastation of our factories was booming the economy, creating what some would arguably call our greatest generation.

Beginning in the 60's, while promoting some good things like civil rights, we also began a downward slide that steadily undermined the principles that made us great. Judicial activism arose on many levels and undermined our foundation, as an example the wholesale murder of our future citizens in the womb.

This misdirection also grew government to proportions never imagined by our founding fathers! The nanny state exploded which created a negative side effect, undermining the family unit.

Then beginning in the 70's with Nixon we moved toward globalism, which ended up watering down American sovereignty and our preeminent manufacturing position. Later, fully manifesting under Clinton, Bush and Obama, China and Mexico were literally propped up from nothing and piece by piece at the hand of corrupt and purchased politicians, globalism sold out our middle class.

I come from the rust belt and have personally witnessed complete towns devastated when factories moved overseas due to the use of slave labor, zero environmental regulations and unfair trade practices.

Combine all those things together and you have a prescription for a country in decline and the people on the ground in middle America knew it.

Now, along comes a non-politician who understands business and is interested in actually looking out for the best interests of Americans and American companies. Who wants judges to interpret the law and constitution, not make law and twist our founding document to meet the needs of fickle agendas.

An agenda that sets laws and policy to benefit our citizens and get a lid on illegal immigrants pouring unchecked into our country. An agenda that sets law and order above the criminal element, that supports our veterans, military, police and border control instead of reviling them.

Add all this and much more together and you have a large segment of our population that gets it and is ALL IN on getting us back on track to the principles that put us in the enviable position our country is in today.

The dependent class, authority lovers and big government types are in strong opposition for a variety of reasons. But, there has always been a segment of our society that opposes our fundamental principles, after all, there were just as many Loyalists who actually "resisted" our original revolution and preferred to be subjects as there were patriots who won American independence.

The MAGA agenda is very much for real and it's not going away. Thank goodness, because the future of America depends on it!

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    I wonder. I'm seeing a lot of really ticked off Female GOP-leaning independents out there...and they aren't mad at Democrats.

Jeff C
    I'm sure there are some Jeff, but I believe the overall number is exaggerated by the mainstream media.

We will certainly find out soon, especially in the House of Representatives that is extremely fluid and will more closely reflect the overall thoughts of the electorate than the limited senate races.

If women who normally lean republican were offended, we will definitely see the reuslts and if that's the case, democrats will take over a powerful branch of government and earn a major say in things going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Kavanaugh is a milque-toasty Establishment-type Bushie. It is precisely for these reasons that he was such an inspired pick by Trump. The Conservaturds, who never conserve anything, would have bailed at the first sign of trouble had Trump nominated a libertarian ideologue.

The Conservaturds thought there was a difference between them and the Trumpies in the minds of Democrats. The Kavanaugh mess showed them that they couldn't have been more wrong.

The #Nevertrump bunch has learned that they are as deeply hated as the Trumpies. They just got woke.

The party is more united than at any time since the rise of the Tea Party movement, more than 8 years ago now. Trump has united the Republican Party.

#Winning!
    No.

If you believe that, you are blowing smoke up your own backside.

Kavanaugh believes that the POTUS is above the law. That will be handy when your Mendacious Messiah gets charged with treason.

He also is a proponent of torture.

He will also vote to make the Presidential Pardon effective for both Federal AND State crimes.

He is also a serial perjurer.

So, unless you relish the idea of Trump being Dictator For Life in a horribly oppressive Authoritarian Police State, and I believe you DO relish that thought, then you should aver immediately and without hesitation that Kavanaugh's place is not on the Bench, but in a prison cell.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Can you clearly spell it out, because I honestly don't know what that means.You

Thanks
    You asked and got a specific answer, does that help clear things up for you about the concept of MAGA agenda?

It would require the equivalent of rewriting War and Peace to fully explain it, but allow me to put it simply, without doing the concept justice.
    You put it well, apart from the huge gaps.

Post WWII, America was on top of the world. Our troops came home, the baby boom was off and running and the United States that avoided the devastation of our factories was booming the economy, creating what some would arguably call our greatest generation.
    Those factories were called into being by the war, not by principles. The isolation is from geography, not principles.

. . . creating what some would arguably call our greatest generation.
    . . . and then the lynching resumed. The oppression of women, the raping of the environment. All of it based on principles that are morally wrong, and are still with us.

. . . a downward slide that steadily undermined the principles that made us great. Judicial activism arose on many levels and undermined our foundation, as an example the wholesale murder of our future citizens in the womb.
    Again with the principles that made us great. What were they and how did they make us great? Great, how? Is aspiring to be great unquestionably a good thing?

This misdirection also grew government to proportions never imagined by our founding fathers!
    The FF deliberately created a structure that allowed the government to grow.

The nanny state exploded which created a negative side effect, undermining the family unit.
    The nanny state isn't the New Deal. It's a perversion of it.

Then beginning in the 70's with Nixon we moved toward globalism, which ended up watering down American sovereignty and our preeminent manufacturing position. Later, fully manifesting under Clinton, Bush and Obama, China and Mexico were literally propped up from nothing and piece by piece at the hand of corrupt and purchased politicians, globalism sold out our middle class.
    Much of what you call globalism is simply the economic growth of the rest of the world, which narrows the gap. Could we, should we have stopped it?

I come from the rust belt and have personally witnessed complete towns devastated when factories moved overseas due to the use of slave labor, zero environmental regulations and unfair trade practices.
    True.

Now, along comes a non-politician who understands business and is interested in actually looking out for the best interests of Americans and American companies.
    You hold that to be true because you want it to be. To do what you want him to do, he would have to have a deep understanding of the world as it exists and how it got that way, a careful program to follow, the political skill to rally the nation behind it. He has none of that and none of the motivations required to produce and sustain it.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Beginning in the 60's, while promoting some good things like civil rights, we also began a downward slide that steadily undermined the principles that made us great. Judicial activism arose on many levels and undermined our foundation, as an example the wholesale murder of our future citizens in the womb.

This misdirection also grew government to proportions never imagined by our founding fathers! The nanny state exploded which created a negative side effect, undermining the family unit.

Combine all those things together and you have a prescription for a country in decline and the people on the ground in middle America knew it.

Now, along comes a non-politician who understands business and is interested in actually looking out for the best interests of Americans and American companies. Who wants judges to interpret the law and constitution, not make law and twist our founding document to meet the needs of fickle agendas.

An agenda that sets laws and policy to benefit our citizens and get a lid on illegal immigrants pouring unchecked into our country. An agenda that sets law and order above the criminal element, that supports our veterans, military, police and border control instead of reviling them.

Add all this and much more together and you have a large segment of our population that gets it and is ALL IN on getting us back on track to the principles that put us in the enviable position our country is in today.

The dependent class, authority lovers and big government types are in strong opposition for a variety of reasons. But, there has always been a segment of our society that opposes our fundamental principles, after all, there were just as many Loyalists who actually "resisted" our original revolution and preferred to be subjects as there were patriots who won American independence.

The MAGA agenda is very much for real and it's not going away. Thank goodness, because the future of America depends on it!
    somewhere in there we stopped investing in education, stopped investing in people, stopped investing in science and technology; we trashed the environment. . .

we stopped paying taxes and started using debt to pay for the functioning of our government

trump, nor the rest of the republicans in power, have any plan to address any of that; as a matter of fact addressing those issues are antithetical to the GOP
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Let's talk about the Nanny State.

Republicans (now known as the political action committee for Donald Trump) want to--

Tell me who I can marry...

monitor what goes on in my bedroom...

Force me to believe in their deity...

Specify how I'm supposed to behave during the national anthem...

Make our children take a verbal pledge at school...

Limit my constitutional right to protest...

Militarize our Federal Agencies and state and local police...

Dictate what medical procedures we can have and insert themselves between us and our doctors...

Misconstrue the meaning of the 2nd amendment while attempting to nullify or bastardize the 1st, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 15th, 19th, and 26th amendments.

Trumpists believe in a nanny state (or Police State, take your pick) more than any other group.

Jeff C

Hitler was a winner. Yale historian compare Trump & Hitler --

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7651766.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Actually, the MAGA agenda seems to consist of disassembling the entire international apparatus of alliances that we assembled after WW II to cement our position as leaders of the free world. The treatment of our allies has been appalling under Trump, and the State Department has been undermined to the point where we don't even have ambassadors in some countries.

But I see you have a rich fantasy life, and I hope it entertains you.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell
    The nanny state isn't the New Deal. It's a perversion of it.
    Amen brother!

Osborne,
    Thank you for the thoughtful reply. There are huge gaps and I warned readers in advance there would be. That was just 'winging it' off the cuff in an abbreviated form for the sake of discussion.

We agree on a few things and disagree on some and I appreciate your perspective. I don't have time to address them all, so allow me to focus on one which I believe is fundamental to the MAGA philosophy:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-Mi
    Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell
    Much of what you call globalism is simply the economic growth of the rest of the world, which narrows the gap. Could we, should we have stopped it?

Globalism is a large topic and often not well defined. In the context of my reference it's two faceted, a global elite who are striving to create centralized power and high level business forces within the United States that go to great length to promote profit over any other interest. Politicians are a key tool of the globalists by their easy corruptibility, compounded by their plain stupidity.

Neither China nor Mexico rose to manufacturing prominence on their own, they weren't even on the scale until completely propped up and created by globalist interests. This was a decision by global elite power brokers starting around the time of Nixon, having nothing to do with these countries rising on their own.

American industrialists were quick to climb on board to take advantage of slave labor and avoid ever restrictive environmental regulations in the US.

Thus, we experienced crooked and stupid politicians that sold out the American middle class to the global elite profit brokers and the people full well knew it. Bush 1, Clinton, Bush II, Obama and a large contingent of congress undermined the economic base of America and put us on a path to subservience and implosion.

A certain segment of our population totally gets it and they FINALLY have a champion who truly has their back!

Being a Ross Perot supporter who expertly and eloquently warned of that "giant sucking sound", honestly, I never thought we would see the day.....

It's nothing short of a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    Actually, the MAGA agenda seems to consist of disassembling the entire international apparatus of alliances that we assembled after WW II to cement our position as leaders of the free world. The treatment of our allies has been appalling under Trump, and the State Department has been undermined to the point where we don't even have ambassadors in some countries.

First of all, ambassadors outside of major powers are nothing except figureheads, totally powerless and nothing more than window dressing.

Aside from that, I completely disagree with your assessment. Under Trump, America is now re-assuming it's leadership position in the world!

From inducing deadbeat NATO countries to finally cough up their fair share, to renegotiated trade agreements, progress on a nuclear treaty with NK, scrapping one of the worst agreements in history with Iran to no longer being the 'sucker at the table' in the Paris Climate Accord, President Trump is calling the shots around the world and putting the United States back into the leadership role where we belong.

Last edited by Rick-Mi; 10-09-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Hitler was a winner. Yale historian compare Trump & Hitler --

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7651766.html
    David, if you want to be a meaningful part of this discussion, you're going to have to step up your game.

Abstract comparisons, derived from other people's thoughts via yet another 'link to think' isn't going to cut it.

If you have something to add, try articulating your own position as others have successfully accomplished.

Three posts in a row. Rick-Mi appears to be all wound up.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

i'd like to see rick respond to this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    somewhere in there we stopped investing in education, stopped investing in people, stopped investing in science and technology; we trashed the environment and s[ent a lot of hard earned money and time trying to bring it back. . .

we stopped paying taxes and started using debt to pay for the functioning of our government

trump, nor the rest of the republicans in power, have any plan to address any of that; as a matter of fact addressing those issues are antithetical to the GOP

I read that post and am not surprised that Rick-Mi has yet to respond to it.

Ya'll are wasting your time. But I suppose it is entertaining in a way.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

People still seem to be confused as to what globalism, nationalism and patriotism actually are.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Quote Originally Posted by ccmanuals View Post
    People still seem to be confused as to what globalism, nationalism and patriotism actually are.
    Oh, you better believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    somewhere in there we stopped investing in education, stopped investing in people, stopped investing in science and technology; we trashed the environment. . .

Wasn't intentional Paul, I always try to respond when someone gives a thoughtful reply.

Our investment in education has been plenty adequate, but misspent.

Science and technology is booming and America is a world leader in those departments. A key issue going forward is preventing the theft of our technology.

America is a world leader in environmental strides and I look forward to when countries like China and Mexico begin to scratching the surface of what we have accomplished.

Tax revenue is at all time record levels.

National debt and deficit spending is a huge problem, welcome to the Tea Party! ;-)

OK, lets address your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    Let's talk about the Nanny State.

Republicans (now known as the political action committee for Donald Trump) want to--

Tell me who I can marry... Who is President Trump preventing you from marrying?

monitor what goes on in my bedroom... Republicans aren't, but your phone, TV, DVR or other electronics certainly might be!

Force me to believe in their deity... False

Specify how I'm supposed to behave during the national anthem... Does Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban, the Fords or the like write your paycheck?

Make our children take a verbal pledge at school... Excellent

Limit my constitutional right to protest... I'm sure you look really studly in a pink hat, but as soon as you put on a black mask and start breaking windows, starting fires and attacking people, we've got a big problem!

Militarize our Federal Agencies and state and local police...

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set." "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Barack Obama

Dictate what medical procedures we can have and insert themselves between us and our doctors...

Time to become informed and research the GOP and Trump's recently passed 'right to try'.

Trumpists believe in a nanny state (or Police State, take your pick) more than any other group.

As demonstrated above, that statement is completely contrary to reality.

Jeff C

Our investment in education has been plenty adequate, but misspent.
    for forty years, mainly through actions from the right, we've cut spending on higher education year in and year out at both federal and state level; making college education and even advanced vocational education out of reach for many

during those years when you said america was great, the meaning of the american dream for many many people was the possibility that almost anybody that was willing to put in the academic work could go to college and get a degree without being enslaved with debt for decades. . .

Tax revenue is at all time record levels.

National debt and deficit spending is a huge problem, welcome to the Tea Party! ;-)

its doesn't matter that revenue is at a highpoint if its not enough to cover our debt

what few tea party members did make it to congress have all been assimilated into the spend and borrow republican hypocrisy

trumps tax cuts will add 1 to 3 trillion to the national debt in the next decade
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 10-09-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless

its doesn't matter that revenue is at a highpoint if its not enough to cover our debt

what few tea party members did make it to congress have all been assimilated into the spend and borrow republican hypocrisy

trumps tax cuts will add 1 to 3 trillion to the national debt in the next decade
    The Trump tax cuts INCREASED revenue to the federal treasury and stimulated the economy to record levels.

We've got a spending problem, not a tax collection problem and one thing is for sure, democrats and RINOs will make it worse.

What we need is to vote in more Tea Party style republicans, expand the Freedom Caucus and make Jim Jordan Speaker of the House and you will see something actually done about the spending problem!

The Trump tax cuts INCREASED revenue to the federal treasury and stimulated the economy to record levels.
    uh no, the tax revenue from this year, both corporate and individual has come from the economy that obama and trump inherited built

sure there was probably some increased revenue from the corporate tax cut - that will be a one time deal

there is some revenue to the treasury from the tariffs - which is paid for by american taxpayers when they purchase anything affected by the tariffs. . .