Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: All this winning is getting exhausting!

Default All this winning is getting exhausting!

Hello my friends, it's been a while since I've checked in, but I see much hasn't changed.

After the previous week of President Trump's successful NAFTA renegotiation, testimony undermining the contrived Russia investigation and YUGE victory over every dirty trick in the book to seat his new Supreme Court justice, I thought it might be nice to say hi and convey some bad news for those who oppose the MAGA agenda.

The republicans are going to increase their senate majority in the upcoming midterm election.

Default Re: All this winning is getting exhausting!

sadly, more than likely..

and some Dems are still saying 'Hillary 'won'..

makes me wonder just who is most delusional.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

She won the popular vote because 3 million illegal voters voted for her.

As Mike referenced on another thread, democrats are going to have to realize where they have gone wrong and make some serious adjustments if they're going to turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-Mi View Post
    As Mike referenced on another thread, democrats are going to have to realize where they have gone wrong and make some serious adjustments if they're going to turn things around.
    Got it. Only Democrats do things wrong. Republicans are perfect. Golly, who knew?
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Got it. Only Democrats do things wrong. Republicans are perfect. Golly, who knew?
    Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect party or politician. After all, they're a reflection of us!

However, due to the pioneering efforts of the Tea Party, followed by Donald Trump defying both establishment parties, the GOP has found their way to middle America and their future is bright. On the other hand, democrats have veered left, far left and the party is in disarray.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

"Hello my friends, "

I'm not your friend

I just wonder. Do you suppose THIS is what Rick means when he says, "... the GOP has found their way to middle America"??

https://www.newsweek.com/kavanaugh-abortion-supreme-court-roe-v-wade-1158372

A councilman in West Virginia has deleted a Facebook post in which he said “get you’re [sic] coathangers ready” after Kavanaugh’s confirmation by the Senate.

Eric Barber is a councilman for Parkersburg City and an anti-abortion activist. He posted the comment in response to the news that West Virginia’s Democratic Senator, Joe Manchin, was backing Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation, securing his path to the Supreme Court.

Barber wrote on a private group: “Better get you’re [sic] coat hangers ready, liberals.” He has since deleted it, though other users saved screenshots and shared them.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

David, that utter vileness of democrats opposing the Kavanaugh nomination has accomplished what republicans could never hope to do. It has united and energized the republican party, even to the point of bringing never Trumpers on board!

Even the extreme right wing NPR reports democrats have lost their enthusiasm advantage and it all points to democrats becoming unhinged in this last process.

That aside, unless over the next 29 days the Trump Tide keeps rising completely over the sea wall, I think Joe Manchin will retain his senate seat, in spite of being up for re-election in West Virginia. However, that probably won't be the case for other senate democrats defending their senate seats in Trump country.

Who knows what is going to happen in the much more fluid house of representatives, but look for the GOP to increase it's majority in the senate.
    Last edited by Rick-Mi; 10-08-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Man are you setting yourself up for a major disappointment!

Be sure to check in with us on Wednesday, November 7th.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

LOL
    Hey Tom, I would like to thank you for loaning us your most capable senator to lead the confirmation process through some extremely perilous waters!

David, that utter vileness of democrats opposing the Kavanaugh nomination has accomplished what republicans could never hope to do. It has united and energized the republican party, even to the point of bringing never Trumpers on board!

Even the extreme right wing NPR reports democrats have lost their enthusiasm advantage and it all points to democrats becoming unhinged in this last process.

That aside, unless over the next 29 days the Trump Tide keeps rising completely over the sea wall, I think Joe Manchin will retain his senate seat, in spite of being up for re-election in West Virginia. However, that probably won't be the case for other senate democrats defending their senate seats in Trump country. Who knows what is going to happen in the much more fluid house of representatives, but look for the GOP to increase it's majority in the senate.
    Rick,

If you were attempting to continue the conversation by answering my question of the fellow in West Virginia... I missed it.

But until you put together a response to that question - I'll address some of your comments.

First - in what way was opposition to BK 'utter vileness'?

And - you say it has galvanized Republican support? What evidence do you have for that? What I see is a mixed bag. 538 says the odds of Republicans retaining the Senate went higher... but then again, the Senate was never likely to be in play. But they have the odds of R's retaining the House falling since the whole BK thing.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...dterm-chances/

Do you have better info to offer... or are you just optimistically and uncritically seizing on the party line (despite the parties long history of lying thru their teeth) as gospel truth.

And... would it be TOO overwhelming for you to provide evidence for the surging 'Trump Tide' you mention?

Here's what I see. Trump's disapproval rating about 10 points higher than his approval rating. Or maybe you are looking at the fact that his disaprovals have gone down a couple of points since the recent high of 54.5% about a month ago? --

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
    Last edited by David G; 10-08-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Rick-Mi is gleefully counting chickens that will not hatch for another month.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

David,

You mentioned Joe Manchin, which is highly relevant to a topic like this. While he is taking some heat for his yes vote, his finger was in the wind the entire time and he never came out with his final position until after the riveting speech by Senator Collins. Still, I've got a feeling he will hold his seat. Could be wrong on that if the Trump Tide rises out of control though.

Pointing out individual freak shows as insignificant as a Facebook post represents a never ending cycle of diversion which frankly, is not worthy of discussion.

That aside, I'm just astounded that you don't acknowledge the unacceptable, totally vile conduct of the left during this process. From dirty political dealing, to doxxing representatives and their families, to screeching in the elevators and clawing at the Supreme Court doors. It was and is just plain uncivilized and the left is going to pay a price for it this upcoming midterm election.

Ah... much better.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

David,

You mentioned Joe Manchin, which is highly relevant to a topic like this. While he is taking some heat for his yes vote, his finger was in the wind the entire time and he never came out with his final position until after the riveting speech by Senator Collins. Still, I've got a feeling he will hold his seat. Could be wrong on that if the Trump Tide rises out of control though.

Pointing out individual freak shows as insignificant as a Facebook post represents a never ending cycle of diversion which frankly, is not worthy of discussion.

That aside, I'm just astounded that you don't acknowledge the unacceptable, totally vile conduct of the left during this process. From dirty political dealing, to doxxing representatives and their families, to screeching in the elevators and clawing at the Supreme Court doors. It was and is just plain uncivilized and the left is going to pay a price for it this upcoming midterm election.
    OK... this is getting tedious.

No... I never mentioned Manchin. Do try to keep up.

Your answer about the dimwit in WV, despite him representing a significant portion of the Trumpistas, is, "We don't want to discuss it"? If you're arguing that he's a meaningless extreme outlier... I'd have to disagree. Do I have to go back and dig up all the signs from rallies for the TeaParty that you have lauded? They are every bit as dingleberry. If that's your argument... then state it and support it. Don't just attempt to duck it.

I asked you WHAT was 'utterly vile' about resistance to the BK nomination... not whether you were amazed that I didn't automatically see your perspective.

And again you claim 'the left is going to pay a price'. And again I ask 'based upon what evidence' do you make that assertion? I offered some data. You did not respond.

I'm beginning to conclude that you are either disinterested in actual debate... or incapable of engaging in it. If neither of those are true... show us. If you can't/won't - there's always room on my ignore list for purveyors of unbuttressed bs.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Rick-Mi is unnecessary. Anyone interested in this alternate reality can simply log on to INFOWARS, Breitbart or The Blaze.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

Rick you haven't won, and frankly it's not up to the Dem's to do better. The win was stolen of course, and the voters now, including the 40% no show have the future in their hands. It's up to them whether Donald get's up again or not, but even if he does you will not have won in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Rick-Mi is gleefully counting chickens that will not hatch for another month.
    We remember all too well the premature touchdown dances to "Madame President" and no path to 270, I'm not going down that road.

However, I've carefully looked into the midterm race for the US Senate and can't help but come to the conclusion that the GOP is going to increase it's majority.

The House of Representatives is a totally different story and with all the negative energy built up, it's entirely possible for democrats to flip that important branch of government. We'll just have to see how that works out after the votes are counted though because it's my opinion democrats that held an election advantage overplayed their hand on the Kavanaugh nomination, helping republicans begin to catch up in the enthusiasm department.

Here you go, Rick. It seems you could use this --

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect party or politician. After all, they're a reflection of us!
    If I were a 'Republican', and thought that pack of traitorous, anti-American orcs were a reflection of me, I'd go home and eat a bullet.

However, due to the pioneering efforts of the Tea Party, followed by Donald Trump defying both establishment parties, the GOP has found their way to middle America and their future is bright. On the other hand, democrats have veered left, far left and the party is in disarray.
    Really?

No, not really.

The Democratic Party has veered rightward consistently for a couple of decades, now.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by David G
    No... I never mentioned Manchin. Do try to keep up.
    Keep up? Senator Joe Manchin was directly mentioned in the quote you posted from the link you provided!

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    [/COLOR]https://www.newsweek.com/kavanaugh-abortion-supreme-court-roe-v-wade-1158372

[I]A councilman in West Virginia has deleted a Facebook post in which he said “get you’re [sic] coathangers ready” after Kavanaugh’s confirmation by the Senate.

[FONT=Arial][B][I]Eric Barber is a councilman for Parkersburg City and an anti-abortion activist. He posted the comment in response to the news that West Virginia’s Democratic Senator, Joe Manchin, was backing Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation, securing his path to the Supreme Court.
    Everyone comes here expecting a little snark, but I'm accustomed to you being much more sharp than suggesting I learn to keep up while you fail to acknowledge the content of your own post.

I'm just writing it off as you being off your game today instead of slipping since the last time we interacted.

Keep up? Senator Joe Manchin was directly mentioned in the quote you posted from the link you provided!

Everyone comes here expecting a little snark, but I'm accustomed to you being much more sharp than suggesting I learn to keep up while you fail to acknowledge the content of your own post.

I'm just writing it off as you being off your game today instead of slipping since the last time we interacted.
    You're right, kinda. I never mentioned Manchin. But it's true that the link I provided - while it wasn't directly ABOUT Manchin... did mention him. You get off on a technicality.

Now... about the rest of it... Stand and deliver sir!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Really?

No, not really.

The Democratic Party has veered rightward consistently for a couple of decades, now.
    You can't be serious!

Bill Clinton, popular two term president of two decades ago who enacted welfare reform, the crime bill, financial and telecommunications deregulation, the restoration of religious freedom act along with the defense of marriage wouldn't even be accepted by the democratic party of today!
    Last edited by Rick-Mi; 10-08-2018 at 03:38 PM.

I don't think the information schematic offers much for ol' Rick - water off a duck, I'd say -

but a high colonic might offer some relief.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

All this R wingnuttery is getting exhausting.

Rick is apparently channeling Trump. Attack! Attack! Attack! No matter what is going on, always attack! Peace and tranquility is something that Trump abhors. He can not survive unless he is in conflict. Chaos is victory. More and more in the former Republican party (it no longer exists) are doing likewise, following his sick example. "Trump before country!" is the rallying cry. "Utter destruction to anyone who stands in our way!" "Mock them, bully them, destroy them!"
    Rick is also clearly gloating. Sorry, it ain't working. We still stand proud with our party.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

So Rick - How about this 'individual freak show'. R currently leading in the race for U.S. Senate. Still 'don't want to discuss it'? Well... I wouldn't blame you for wanting to continue to duck the topic, though it also detracts from your credibility --

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/u...mer-metoo.html

It was not the first time Mr. Cramer had made an incendiary comment about the Kavanaugh case. Last month, he dismissed Dr. Blasey’s charges because the alleged attack “never went anywhere.”

His comments were all the more striking because there are five federally recognized tribes in North Dakota and sexual violence against Native American women is epidemic: they are two-and-half times more likely to be sexually assaulted than nonnative women.

Mr. Cramer is open about his capability to offend, and other Republicans are matter-of-fact about it. “Sometimes he says stupid stuff,” said Ed Schafer, the former governor of North Dakota. (Before Mr. Schafer offered that assessment, and unbeknown to him, Mr. Cramer slighted the former governor: “I know this state better than her, John Hoeven, Jack Dalrymple, and every former governor added up,” referring to Ms. Heitkamp and two former Republican governors.)

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

How about this one, Rick -

A sitting R governor - who has run campaign ads. Nine of nine contain lies. Just more 'business as usual' for the R's???

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...928-story.html

If I told you there were lies in politics, it would probably shock you about as much as if I told you there’s water in the ocean.

This campaign season, however, we’re seeing something more extreme — falsehoods in nine of the nine Rick Scott ads vetted by the Pulitizer Prize-winning fact-checkers at Politifact.

Yes, nine out of nine.

It’s almost impressive, yet hardly surprising, as Scott has used lies to distract from his own record every step of his political career.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

So... Rick,

You seem to be occupied elsewhere. But when you come back, you might look at what other R's - the ones in the trenches - are saying about the midterms. Spoiler - they are not nearly as sanguine about things as you are. Here's one example. Pay particular attention to former RNC member Doug Heye --

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...100910665.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

David,

If I was interested in chasing rabbits, I would buy a beagle.

So far you've refuted exactly nothing from the OP. I made a definitive statement:

"The republicans are going to increase their senate majority in the upcoming midterm election."

Now, if all you have is to quote Nate Silver, who was totally discredited last election and let someone else do your thinking for you, or produce a 'link to think' from some other talking head, there is no point in taking it further.

Let's get it out where you stand. Do you think democrats are going to take over the majority in the senate, retain their status quo or lose seats this midterm?

Wow, Let's see, who replied to this carp? Oh, the usual. Weak.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

David,

If I was interested in chasing rabbits, I would buy a beagle.

So far you've refuted exactly nothing from the OP. I made a definitive statement:

"The republicans are going to increase their senate majority in the upcoming midterm election."

Now, if all you have is to quote Nate Silver, who was totally discredited last election and let someone else do your thinking for you, or produce a 'link to think' from some other talking head, there is no point in taking it further.

Let's get it out where you stand. Do you think democrats are going to take over the majority in the senate, retain their status quo or lose seats this midterm?
    Oops... STRAW MAN ALERT!!!!!

When you make up things your opponent is saying, and then argue against them... that's a Logical Fallacy called the straw man fallacy. It is, to be blunt, a well-known form of dishonesty. Shame on you, sir.

If you review the bidding, I don't think you'll find anyone disputing the notion that the Republicans are poised to increase their Senate majority.

I did dispute several of your other statements. I notice you make no attempt now to defend the various bits of odiferous offerings that I did address.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

David,

Since you brought him up, I think Rick Scott is going to unseat Ben Nelson in Florida, even though it's difficult to oust an incumbent in a contested state.

I think he will pull it off because of the "Trump effect" in his home state of Florida, plus Scott has really solid name recognition as governor which is a prerequisite to flipping the seat of an entrenched incumbent.

I don't think the anger of democrats and vote fraud rampant in SE Florida will be enough to overcome the central and northern parts of the state.